Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
B
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
B
Don't know on the freebore- letting Jon(beanland) do his magic. Figured on 80 gr- The reason why is my business bought PMC when they closed down in the states(El Dorado Cartridge) when we were in Nevada. I got literally a 55 gallon drum of those 80 grain soft points in the deal. Sold all but about 4000 of them so a lifetime supply still!! John

BP-B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by brassman
John,

Got it taken care of. Rifle left today for Jon Beanland.

How you doing?

John

Good choice, Jon builds a heck of a nice rifle & it will shoot!

"Rather hunt Mule deer than anything else"
"Team 7MM-08"
B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Originally Posted by brassman
Don't know on the freebore- letting Jon(beanland) do his magic. Figured on 80 gr- The reason why is my business bought PMC when they closed down in the states(El Dorado Cartridge) when we were in Nevada. I got literally a 55 gallon drum of those 80 grain soft points in the deal. Sold all but about 4000 of them so a lifetime supply still!! John

Built mine to shoot the 105amax. Mr Dixon specced the reamer and I'm at 2.4 something and change with the amax touching lands.
I didn't have the firing pin bushed and should have. The 105 amax is sub Moa with h335. Loaded some Berger 95vld hunting and n133 and it's an honest one holer. Only two loads I've tried thus far and I am well pleased.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by BeardHunter
Just pulled my LondRiflsInc. 6x45 out of the box today. Damn thing looks like a perfect work of art but cannot yet speak to how it shoots. 8 Twist Proof 22" Sendero. Thought I'd try something different when Stocky had a Christmas Special on Proof Barrels and the CAT700 stocks from AG composites. Have to open up the lug recess tonight and will weight things out.

How does it shoot and please post some pics. Thinking of doing the exact same build, but maybe a sendero light proof.

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Tried two loads so far and they both shoot lights out. I did not have the firing pin bushed and should have. The bolt will go out to GreTan soon enough.
H335/105 amax and N133/95 Berger vld hunting, Lapua brass, remmy 7.5 primers. I never found pressure as I had no sticky bolt lift, primers were still nice and round but a big fat crater at the firing pin, and no chrony with me. The H335 loads cratered more extensively. The n133 at VV max book did not crater until I was a couple tenths above max. Everything was under an inch and several loads were in the half inch or less range. I am no photo expert but will give it a whir tomorrow.

I'm already planning an identical build in a creedmoor of 6 flavor. I'm very pleased with the sendero contour although it does limit your stock choices. The Ag composites stock won't win any beauty contests and I wouldn't run one without bedding. I was afraid this would turn out to be a goat hump blueprint that would do nothing well. Happy to report it's comfortable on the shoulder, off a pack, and on the bench so far. Hope to have some loads chronied soon.

My tastes generally run towards Montuckys and chopped WalLy World ADL specials in Mountain Rifle or Mountaineer pattern Mickeys. This one may change things.

IC B2

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
And while it is an n of 1....LRI will get what PacNor doesn't for any future builds. I have Rock Creek, Douglas, PacNor and now Proof experience. The only guns that have given me as consistent loads as this Proof/LRI combo are my NULAS.....and I'm pretty sure they would shoot dog turds over cream of wheat into bugholes.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
667 members (219DW, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 17CalFan, 12344mag, 79 invisible), 2,908 guests, and 1,401 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,670
Posts18,399,443
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.