Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by gunner500
I'm about to leave the farm and head to a local country hardware store, yup, p226 with 46 rounds and an AR-10 with two banded 20 rounders with 130 TSX's are going with me, along with my damascus skinner, you just never know. smile

I'm thinking about putting the AR into the truck inventory, be good to have if needed.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

BP-B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by 12344mag
I'm about to leave the farm and head to a local country hardware store, yup, p226 with 46 rounds and an AR-10 with two banded 20 rounders with 130 TSX's are going with me, along with my damascus skinner, you just never know. smile

I'm thinking about putting the AR into the truck inventory, be good to have if needed.

An AR-15 resides permantly in my truck. Mainly, mine's used for hogs, coyotes, and culling does at the Ranch.
But it and 15 30 round P-mags and 5 10 round hunting mags that also are in the truck would also work well for any two legged critters, if need be.

It has a 20" heavy match grade barrel and wears a Leupold VXR 4x12 scope with the fire dot reticle and CDS dial set to go all the way out to 700 yards with a turn of the knob. It will shoot 1.5" 5-shot 100 yard groups with the Federal Military 62 grain Green tip ammo, and 5-shot 100 yard 1/2" groups with the Remington Factory Hog Hammer ammo or the Hornady Factory 55 grain V-Max ammo.

No telling how many hogs, coyotes, and does it has accounted for. I lost count long ago.

Last edited by chlinstructor; 08/16/17.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
Originally Posted by stxhunter
at least i didn't show no butt crack...

[Linked Image]

Gee THANKS Roger! shocked

gives a new meaning to " Crack kills"!

the consolidation of the states into one vast republic, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of that ruin which has overwhelmed all those that have preceded. Robert E Lee
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
Originally Posted by 12344mag

An AR-15 resides permantly in my truck. Mainly, mine's used for hogs, coyotes, and culling does at the Ranch.
But it and 15 30 round P-mags and 5 10 round hunting mags that also are in the truck would also work well for any two legged critters, if need be.

It has a 20" heavy match grade barrel and wears a Leupold VXR 4x12 scope with the fire dot reticle and CDS dial set to go all the way out to 700 yards with a turn of the knob. It will shoot 1.5" 5-shot 100 yard groups with the Federal Military 62 grain Green tip ammo, and 5-shot 100 yard 1/2" groups with the Remington Factory Hog Hammer ammo or the Hornady Factory 55 grain V-Max ammo.

No telling how many hogs, coyotes, and does it has accounted for. I lost count long ago.

Capacity can never be a bad thing gents, guess same would be another reason we're not settling skirmishes with Trapdoor Springfields anymore. smile

Trump Won!
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Always nice to stow one in the shower too.

A buddy of mine had a gun leaned up in a corner in every room of his house, every vehicle, tractors with cabs and always one if not two or possibly 3 when it was cooler on his body.

Drawers on table next to his chair and maybe even in kitchen cabinet drawers.

Sumbitch was ready when the schitt hit the fan!

The last time that bear ate a lawyer he had the runs for 33 days!
IC B2

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
Living in Arizona its hard to carry concealed because of the heat. I wear tactical pants and shorts 99 % of the time, so its easy to drop my s&w 380 into my front pants pocket and there is no imprinting. I know, the 380 is marginal but beats crying and begging for my life if I didn't carry it. I have tried small 9mm's but most are larger and heaver. They pull my pants down and I have trouble keeping them up anyway.

Dennis

Lets start over and talk about something you know about, like Mexican food.
V
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
V
Originally Posted by kellory
My boss is a liberal, and I work in many city and state buildings, so it is not an option while working. After hours is another story.

I carry everywhere except where they have metal detectors.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by Tackleman
Living in Arizona its hard to carry concealed because of the heat. I wear tactical pants and shorts 99 % of the time, so its easy to drop my s&w 380 into my front pants pocket and there is no imprinting. I know, the 380 is marginal but beats crying and begging for my life if I didn't carry it. I have tried small 9mm's but most are larger and heaver. They pull my pants down and I have trouble keeping them up anyway.

I hear you on that. I can't wear a belt so it has to be something in my pocket or some kind of clip on type rig, most of which I've tried just were not comfortable. So it's just an S&W M60 .38 Spl. in my pocket with a couple of speed loaders in another pocket. I do have a Walther PPK/s .380 but in this heat sweating means rust so it stays home.
Paul B.

Our forefathers did not politely protest the British.They did not vote them out of office, nor did they impeach the king,march on the capitol or ask permission for their rights. ----------------They just shot them.
MOLON LABE
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Exact same reason I went with the little Sig P238. It's stainless so no corrosion worries, I carry it in a Galco pocket holster, works perfectly for hot weather wear. Even when wearing jeans, it slips easily into and out of my right front pants pockets. I have a 1911 but it is just too much for me to carry anymore. My Ram truck carries it just fine.

Last edited by jnyork; 08/17/17.

[Linked Image]
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by R_H_Clark
I've carried a Glock 36 every single day for about 15 years. I switched to a G-43 last year just for a smaller platform and a couple more rounds. Things are getting so wild with mobs,I've been considering switching to a G-19 and carrying a couple spare mags. I figure I would be prosecuted just as thoroughly for killing 3-4 as I would be for 20, but I might get a day in court with more firepower available.

Good choice. I have a 43, 26, 29 and two 19's. The 43 is nice, but lacks round count a bit. I keep going back to the Gen4 19. The Gen5's will be out soon! I'll buy another 19 a year or two after they start surfacing. The 26 might get sold (strongly dislike it and the wife likes the 19's) and the 29 is a woods gun.

IC B3

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D

Get a good belt and holster. I wear cargo shorts and a t-shirt all summer and have no issues with a compact 9 (not subcompact). Should be no different in AZ. Tactical clothing screams "gun" too by the way.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I usually carry a Cimarron Lightning in 38 spcl or Cimarron Thunderer in 357 mag. I know but it gives me piece of mind.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Glock 29 gen 4 10 mm.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I always have one on me or within arms' reach.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I have not felt the "need" to carry here in N. Idaho so much, but over the last few years I've changed my mind. I carry a Sig P938 when needing to be discreet, I have a couple other choices when it's colder out, and have double mag pouches for them. Wanting another 9mm compact for my wife. I'd dare say probably 75% of the rigs around here have a rifle in them. Crime is pretty low around here for some reason. Times have sure changed. Used to be a coyote messing with calves was the most likely threat. A bolt rifle seemed most appropriate. I now keep an AR handy, and with spare mags. Won't go into town unarmed. It's a matter of time before tensions boil over.

“You never need fear a man, no matter what his size. When danger threatens, call on me, and I will equalize.”
Samuel Colt.

�Common sense is genius dressed up in work clothes.� - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Have a Glock 43 in my jammie pocket right now,

When my pants go on, my EMP 4 9MM goes in a Milt Sparks summer special holster and goes in my waistband for the rest of the day.

I sleep with an AR15 within reach, and have two spare 30 round mag in my nightstand.

Virgil B.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by vbshootinrange

Have a Glock 43 in my jammie pocket right now,

When my pants go on, my EMP 4 9MM goes in a Milt Sparks summer special holster and goes in my waistband for the rest of the day.

I sleep with an AR15 within reach, and have two spare 30 round mag in my nightstand.

Virgil B.

Dat's what I'm talkin' 'bout!

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Something, always. But I'm not much of a warrior, just an old country boy. Usually a Buckmark or 22/45 around the place, with at least
a shot or two fired, most days. Got lots of varmints. Leaving home, the .22 is traded for a Colt 1911, in the same Mernickle leather the .22 was in.
Dressing better, the .45 goes IWB. Dressing heavily, which hardly ever happens anymore, often an SP101 in a pocket. On the lawnmower, often
a Lightning .38, 3 1/2", first shell up is snakeshot. Again, Mernickle leather. That Lightning is as easy to carry as anything, and very easy to hit with
at close range. At night, the 1911 is at hand, as is a short 20 gauge pump.

W
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
W
We travel often....Mostly in the inter mountain west.. Here I carry my j frame .357 everyday.. Also full size revolvers mostly .357's or 44's.. Haven't been carrying my AR there, but usually have 2 or 3 rifles in the truck when outdoors..

When we travel to the east to visit, the j frame goes with, also a a kit gun in .22lr.. In rural areas one in each vest pocket makes a nice balance.. But when on the road in populated areas, we usually keep a 19 and 21 close at hand.. Either a 357 or 44 rides in my lap.. The wife has a 357 and a Glock .380.. In the future, given today's environment the AR will probably ride somewhere in the cab.. Other pistols are in a bag behind my seat... We just bought a Glock 42 and 43 for carry.. Equipped the wife's with a laser sight.. With trifocals it makes shooting much easier..

Great information in this treat..

Molon Labe
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Kimber Micro9 or Kahr PM9

Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
752 members (10gaugemag, 160user, 10gaugeman, 02bfishn, 12308300, 11point, 86 invisible), 2,785 guests, and 1,264 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,702
Posts18,400,027
Members73,820
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.