Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
G
gnoahhh Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
G
Any man who quotes Pogo in his signature line is ok in my book! Don't be making yourself scarce!

As far as my expertise goes, I'm a rank amateur compared to about a dozen other guys here. Furthermore,none of us is infallible, and we all continue to learn- quite often from newbies.

"You can lead a man to logic, but you cannot make him think." Joe Harz
"Always certain, often right." Keith McCafferty
GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I too only read this forum and feel like I have known some of you all my life. I look forward to Garys observations and besides who else has played with Krags, Springfields, Mauser, Hi-Walls and many more + Savages? I have only met Joe and Roy {Fireball 2} and I enjoyed their company. There is so much help and knowledge on here that is irreplaceable and its FREE.

Mike

NRA Patron Member

If its "Made in America", its not setting on a container ship!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I will never forget you explaining what a Troll was 2 me. I am honestly amazed they beat u down, but my wife introduced me the psychological profiling of narcissism, which I believe a lot of the I call them " hover trolls" I.e. Trying to be .in every thread. Perhaps I am narcissistic my self but some times I have a hard time letting an debate go. It takes away time I do not need to waste. So I gotta get better at dealing with it. I am beginning to believe it may be best to leave ones mouth shut and let them wonder if you are an idiot.....than open it and remove all doubt.

BTW the ignore is a pretty cool option you can still see what the troll said if you want.

But a reverse troll would be better IMO.

However it is so bad out on the other sights I doubt this place is going to expand and maintain sponsors. I am personally going to quit poking around the other sights big time.

"Shoot low sheriff, I think he's riding a shetland!" B. Wills

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
After reading the responses to gnoahhh's thread I went over to look at the hunting forum. Do those guys actually ever talk about hunting? I'll stick to this forum and the good company it keeps.

"The universal aptitude for ineptitude makes any human accomplishment an incredible miracle." John Stapp - "Stapp's Law"
"Klaatu barada nikto"

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Wow.

Last edited by Angus1895; 08/18/17.

"Shoot low sheriff, I think he's riding a shetland!" B. Wills

IC B2

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by gnoahhh
...about calling it quits with the Campfire. What started out as a venue for discussing guns, shooting, hunting, fishing has turned into an alt-right platform for a lot of venomous attacks on people for no reason other than that they're different. The Hunter's Campfire forum has devolved into a nest of vipers, bigots, and narrow minded-ness. That doesn't define the folks here on our Savage forum, don't get me wrong- I love you guys! I just can't identify with a web site that is so mean spirited. That isn't me. Any of you who know me will agree that I'm a pretty laid back and open minded kind of guy, willing to listen to opposing viewpoints, sees humor in the foibles of mankind, and willing to admit when I am wrong.

There are those who frequent this web site who feel the need to politicize everything, who hate the majority of U.S. citizens (who don't fit their narrow definition of "correctness"), and who simply hate because, well, that's what haters do.

The internet has revolutionized communication, and all too often has become a substitute for personal analysis. Vile ideas can take root and grow at the speed of light, literally.

Right to free speech you say? Absolutely, but that right doesn't extend to yelling fire in a crowded theater, or using that right to abrogate other's rights. The Supreme Court has ruled thusly.

So, I'm thinking of packing up my bed roll and finding other more sunnier climes before the mast head sports an image of a white-hooded "patriot".

Thought the very same thing. There are a LOT of good people here though. No sense letting the jerks take charge....

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by S99VG
After reading the responses to gnoahhh's thread I went over to look at the hunting forum. Do those guys actually ever talk about hunting? I'll stick to this forum and the good company it keeps.

I just realized I've only checked out that forum once or twice. Just hopped over there. Don't plan to go back. At least if someone calls me a Jerk over here, I know they mean it in a good way, ;), Joe.

Last edited by JoeMartin; 08/18/17.

I'm not greedy, I just want one of each.

Remember Ira Hayes

JoeMartin
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Been busy catching fish last couple days so just got on and "what the heck is going on?"
Glad its settling down and Gary, you are still with us!
This is the only forum I look at. Time wise and quality wise. Just don't have the time to waste looking at garbage.
And I wish a few of those who left will come back! Maybe you are peeking and come back?

Bruce
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Gary, just want to say that if I have ever contributed in any way to the feeling that you wanted to leave i am truly sorry. i have been caught up in some of the bs on the hunters forum at times. i generally go there in hopes of actual hunting talk but find it hijacked by politics mostly.
i hope you never leave this forum as it would leave a gaping hole in the good guy's here. i have learned and avoided disasters of my making by listening to you guys. which proves that one is never to old to learn and one can learn something from everyone.
tom.

the consolidation of the states into one vast republic, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of that ruin which has overwhelmed all those that have preceded. Robert E Lee
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
I hope you change your mind and stay. We haven't ever had a conversation and I'm not particularly fond of Savages but I enjoy the experiencs you wright about. I would lose a lot of insight you give in your posts.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé
Grandpa:the road to hell is paved with good intentions.
Dad:son you have 2 choices for supper eat or don't eat.
IC B3

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Rick99, RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

218 members (338reddog, 360bull, 1_deuce, 30Gibbs, 416RigbyHunter, 264mag, 34 invisible), 1,386 guests, and 1,104 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,219
Posts18,447,455
Members73,899
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.