Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
gundog Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Fellow leftys, I came across this clip on youtube and thought I would share - in case many of you did not know this - as I did not.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JooAwcvnnak

The info about left handed special orders starts about 2:10 in the video.

As I am sure all of you know - Berreta USA does not import (to the USA) all of the possible left handed rifles that Sako & Tikka offer in Europe. I knew I could get a wood stocked model 85 "Hunter" in left hand, but not the Finnlight, Kodiak, or Bavarian models. According to the video, Sako will accept orders from their dealers for specific models in left hand.

The A7 is not showing available in left hand - so it looks like I will have to settle for a FInnlight. smile

gundog

Last edited by gundog; 08/11/17.
GB1

gundog Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
As an update, I went to Sako.fi to see which models they offer in left handed actions. That is where I saw the Hunter, Finnlight, Kodiak and Bavarian models are listed also in left handed actions.

FYI - I do not know (yet) if Sako will accept special orders for each of those models.

gundog

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Tag... Will be interesting to see how it actually works out... Also interested to know if the same program will apply to the Tikka line of rifles. Several Tikka's (eg: LH Stainless Fluted 6.5x55 T3) that I would be just as interested in as a nice Sako.

gundog Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Orion,
Yes, I too would like to know if it will apply to the Tikka line. I'd really like to get a few lefty stainless / laminate stocked TIkka's in a few different calibers.

I did see that one of the Sako varmint rifles is also available in a lefty.

gundog

U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
"excited to be working on" "development in process" Ain't gonna turn blue over it. I believe I'd have to afford a LH Tikka CTR if available, though. Thanks for the heads up.

Living in a world of G17s and 700s, wishing for P7s and 202s
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by urbaneruralite
I believe I'd have to afford a LH Tikka CTR if available, though. Thanks for the heads up.

http://www.tikka.fi/rifles/tikka-t3x/t3x-compact-tactical-rifle

Get your credit card ready smile

Gerry.
Y
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Y
new for the sako line but for the tiika it has been for a very long time. but will the importer moves his bottom to add your specific rifle on the import paper that is a different story ...

Y
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Y
just checked sako fi and no way you will get a finnlight in LH there is no action made nor stock check the line in the pdf for Left hand action ...

http://cdn1.sako.fi/sites/default/files/85Finnlight.pdf

A
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
Originally Posted by gerry35
I believe I'd have to afford a LH Tikka CTR if available, though. Thanks for the heads up.

Perhaps in B.C., but here in the States Beretta brings in only a fraction of the cataloged left handed Tikka rifles. frown

gundog Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Yukonphil, I just checked the pdf again and see what you are saying about the Finnlight.

I guess I saw the words "left hand" and jumped to a conclusion since many of the other pdf's didn't mention "left hand" at all.. However, I will enquire just the same. All they can do is say no. smile

gundog

Last edited by gundog; 08/16/17.
IC B3

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Only one who can tell you for certain is an importer. A few years ago ordered a lefty Sako from European Optics. I also inquired about getting a few of the rifles Sako advertised as lefties. EO told me Sako/Beretta would only export certain models and not the entire line.
Maybe something has changed in the last year?

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Unless I read it wrong, looks like the only lefty rifles are the Bavarian and Hunter models. Bummer...

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by akmtnrunner
Originally Posted by gerry35

Perhaps in B.C., but here in the States Beretta brings in only a fraction of the cataloged left handed Tikka rifles. frown

I'm not sure if we can even get them here but I would expect so. I find it very hard to believe that in a country with 10 times the population of Canada that someone at Beretta can't figure out that they could sell every Tikka they bring in easily. Especially a gun as good as a LH CTR..........

Gerry.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

144 members (338Rules, 338reddog, 308xray, 2ndwind, 240NMC, 204guy, 22 invisible), 1,632 guests, and 1,077 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,717
Posts18,457,110
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.