Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Superfeet Green here!

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Recently discovered SofSole inserts. Bought 3 pair for various boots. They seem to be the ticket. I struggled a bit with Superfeet. I have really flat feet and most "arch support" insoles actually make my arch area ache at the end of the day.

Adversity doesn't build character, it reveals it.
J
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
J
bwinters, Superfeet have several pairs of low arch supports. You can find some brief descriptions here of the colors and match them to your arch...black or copper might work:

https://www.theinsolestore.com/blog/superfeet-premium-insoles-color-chart/

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
No copper? My feelings are hurt.

J
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
J
lol....I did just make a copper recommendation to bwinters!

Sorry, no copper for me. It's a little low but the kicker is it's semi-rigid. I knew I needed the rigid due to the injury and tried to focus on those only.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I like the cork inserts I buy from cabelas.

J
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
J
The custom ones I have are cork based but the top is already separating from them. After researching there's a lot of quality options out there that are mass produced, just a matter of finding the right fit for both the foot, the shoe it's going in, and the user's needs.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I'm under the impression that SF Green offer the most arch support. Sometimes I think I'd like something with a little more arch support. My feet are pretty normally arched.

Around 10 years ago Chaco, the company know for their rugged sandals, made fantastic insoles. I got a second free pair with a Chaco hiking boot purchase. Those insoles were purple and had a carbon fiber looking lower. They were really excellent. I used them for years.

J
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
J
The Green has a higher arch and are thicker overall so they take up more room in the shoe. The Blue has just as much "support" but it is a little lower arch height as well as being a little thinner. Volume can add some support, but there isn't much difference in the "support" between the Green and Blue - there is a noticeable difference in the height and volume between those two though. The Blue seems to fit closer to the shape of my foot than the Green.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Thanks, that's great to know. I've got a pair of work boots that won't accommodate the green insoles. I'll try the blue.

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by JCMCUBIC
The custom ones I have are cork based but the top is already separating from them. After researching there's a lot of quality options out there that are mass produced, just a matter of finding the right fit for both the foot, the shoe it's going in, and the user's needs.

Just curious here JC, but what did you pay for the customs? That seems like a real short product life, if they are already showing wear.

I have customs and they are a hard-rigid plastic with a glued on neoprene type covering. I do have to have the covering replaced every couple years, but the plastic part that is made to match my arch really looks no worse for the wear and they are at least 8 or 9 years old. They did cost over $300 though, but I wear them every single day, all day.

J
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
J
Lonny,

I can't say yet for sure what I paid.... I know what I was "told" I would need to pay when they were made and I paid that upfront. Just last week I got a statement saying what I paid, what insurance paid, and how much more I owned. According to that statement it's going to be between $300 and $400. The kicker on this is that I was originally told that up front cost was the entire cost and insurance would not be billed. I'm pretty sore about it but haven't called yet to see what's up. I was told to expect them to last at least a year when they were made. They aren't plastic, but heated and formed cork with a glued on top cover..this was all trimmed and ground to fit around the edges.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I have greens in all my hunting boots.

They won't absorb water.

Custom orthotics are on their way out the door.

Dave

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Superfeet green cost 39 dollars for a slim piece of plastic with no cushion. Are you kidding. Buy doctor sholes from you local fred meyer or walmart for 12 dollars and way more comfort.☺

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Arch problems suck big time. You have my sympathy, JCM!

The Greens helped with my plantar fasciitis last fall. If I'd been using them PRIOR I wouldn't have had it to begin with! But the two pair of Salomon's I bought this spring, which come with Ortholite footbeds, seem equally effective.

I say this just because it bit my stupid ass... doubt others here are doing this, but just in case... but my feet (left in particular) grew in middle age, which was perhaps due to the arches flattening some, I don't know. I had always worn 12's and the jump to 13's is a huge difference physically and even psychologically <grin> so I continued to stuff my left, bigger foot into 12's. That in itself leads to arch problems. I'd never had luck with 13's because my right, smaller foot would have heel slip. However Salomon offers the Quest 4 in 12-1/2 which was perfect, and the low top 2's in a 13 still contained my right heel just fine... made a HUGE difference in the health of that bigger, left foot. Long story short just be sure your foot has plenty of room and don't assume that the size you've always worn is still the right size.

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by sollybug
Superfeet green cost 39 dollars for a slim piece of plastic with no cushion. Are you kidding. Buy doctor sholes from you local fred meyer or walmart for 12 dollars and way more comfort.☺

Mmmm, no.

Dave

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Jeff_O

The Greens helped with my plantar fasciitis last fall. If I'd been using them PRIOR I wouldn't have had it to begin with! But the two pair of Salomon's I bought this spring, which come with Ortholite footbeds, seem equally effective.

I say this just because it bit my stupid ass... doubt others here are doing this, but just in case... but my feet (left in particular) grew in middle age, which was perhaps due to the arches flattening some, I don't know. I had always worn 12's and the jump to 13's is a huge difference physically and even psychologically <grin> so I continued to stuff my left, bigger foot into 12's. That in itself leads to arch problems. I'd never had luck with 13's because my right, smaller foot would have heel slip. However Salomon offers the Quest 4 in 12-1/2 which was perfect, and the low top 2's in a 13 still contained my right heel just fine... made a HUGE difference in the health of that bigger, left foot. Long story short just be sure your foot has plenty of room and don't assume that the size you've always worn is still the right size.

You gotta be really fugkin' stupid to not know when a shoe doesn't fit.

I mean really, really fugkin' stupid.

Dave

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by Jeff_O

You gotta be really fugkin' stupid to not know when a shoe doesn't fit.

I mean really, really fugkin' stupid.

Dave

I think what you just did there was say "If the shoe fits..."

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Superfeet Orange for me. Green worked really well, too.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by starsky
Superfeet Orange for me. Green worked really well, too.

I believe Orange is an even higher arch than Green--you must have a really, really, high arch!

Casey

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

227 members (257_X_50, 300_savage, 338reddog, 1_deuce, 260Remguy, 10gaugemag, 31 invisible), 2,222 guests, and 1,091 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,599
Posts18,454,485
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.