Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by AnsonRogers
Thanks Sam. Did you buy that 7320 with the IVT?

No, but I just found this little bastard on the internet.

http://www.frontlineag.com/inventor...9&sfc=0&ssc=0&ftr=1&lo=3

We don't need the loader but I suppose it could come in handy for some light work.

Now wheat just needs to make another run back up.....

James, lots of JD loader/baler tractors around here and a bunch of red ones as well. Same for big four wheel drives but there are still several old Versatiles running strong. Few NH and that's about it.

GB1

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Any update on that new kubota? Had it on the neighbors bale trailer to see how it compares?

A
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
A
An update on the Kubota M6-131. It has a little over 18 hours on it now. Used mostly for mowing with a 7 foot Bush Hog around the corn field and some small pastures. Have used the bale spike to move limbs from an old dead tree that the neighbor and I cut down. Also moved a little dirt with the bucket. The 8 foot bucket is almost too large, I would prefer a 7 footer. I take the bucket off to mow. I highly recommend the Euro style quick attach bucket and spike. I took the Kubota over to the the next door neighbor's place yesterday and he used it to mow a small pasture while I rode shotgun. He's the fellow with the Case IH Maxxum 125 that I run moving big round bales and mowing pastures. He said he liked the Kubota. I think he was a little surprised that he did. We both prefer the 3 point controls on the Kubota. I would like to hook up to his 20 foot mower with the Kubota and may do that later this year after we finish mowing his ground. Right now, his CIH 125 is on it and will stay hooked up until all the mowing is done. I mowed parts of three days last week with the Case IH and am more familiar with his tractor than I am with my own. It has around 850 hours now and has been a good machine. I hope I can say the same about mine in the years to come.

The Kubota went into it's first particulate filter regeneration yesterday. All went well and it was not a big deal. We took it down the road to check top speed during part of it. It runs 24 mph in top gear. I will say the AC on the Kubota is way better than the Case IH. The neighbor agreed.

At this point, I am very satisfied with the tractor. Am now thinking about a Kubota diesel UTV to replace my 2007 Gator 620I. Any body have one?

I forgot to add that the DEF tank gauge still shows full so either it doesn't use much or the gauge doesn't work!

Last edited by AnsonRogers; 08/20/17.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
So it has a DPF and uses DEF as well?

I thought that was an either/or thing... Guess not.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
A
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
A
I believe that with the Final Tier 4 engine it will have both def and pm filter, no matter the brand. Case IH went to def in 2012 or 13 and no DPF. JD went with the DPF but no def until 2016. Pretty sure it takes both now to meet Final Tier limits. Here's a link to an old article that explains who did what.

https://www.ag.ndsu.edu/news/newsre...el-emissions-standards-to-affect-farmers

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Thanks Anson!

My Case is I 2014 I believe. Bought it like Feb. of '15. DPF but no DEF.

I don't think my 2012 Mahindra has DPF ... smile Just a straight tractor that sounds like the old tractors would with the deep growl. wink

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
A
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
A
My neighbor's Case IH Maxxum 125 is a 2013 and has def but no dpf. The horsepower range dictates what levels of emissions have to be met also. I think below 75 HP doesn't require as much. I think that's what the local Mahindra dealer told me. Your Mahindra is probably old enough not to require anything. That would have been my preference but I wanted more power.

How's the new Ford doing?

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
...Am now thinking about a Kubota diesel UTV to replace my 2007 Gator 620I. Any body have one?

Anson, I have an RTV900. I wouldn't trade it for any other UTV out there. It isn't fast, but it will pull and it sips fuel. The only thing I've done is regular service and replace a battery.

I have had it in some really swampy places and never got it stuck, and I have filled the bed up with green Red Oak rounds and towed a 4' x 8' trailer loaded with Red Oak rounds at the same time. No signs of straining, even going up and down hills as I came out of the woods. Mine doesn't have the cab, just the roof, and it has the hydraulic tilt bed.
It's worth every penny!

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
My neighbor's Case IH Maxxum 125 is a 2013 and has def but no dpf. The horsepower range dictates what levels of emissions have to be met also. I think below 75 HP doesn't require as much. I think that's what the local Mahindra dealer told me. Your Mahindra is probably old enough not to require anything. That would have been my preference but I wanted more power.

How's the new Ford doing?

Love the new Ford pickup! Thanks for asking!

Whole other level than my old Dodge. It actually un-tracks when I push the gas pedal. grin

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
A
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
A
Ed, that is the model I'm considering. I'd like to have a removable windshield (for winter) and some kind of top just for shade and to keep the rain off. Don't need AC, doors or a windshield wiper. I'm going to go look at them pretty soon. How long have you had yours?

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Ed, that is the model I'm considering. I'd like to have a removable windshield (for winter) and some kind of top just for shade and to keep the rain off. Don't need AC, doors or a windshield wiper. I'm going to go look at them pretty soon. How long have you had yours?

Oh man... My Rhino gets fricken HOT to operate. That engine is between the seats and the heat comes up from there... eek

Not my favorite vehicle on a 100 degree day.

I got one of those thick swimming noodles and wedged it in the space between the bed and cab where most of the heat comes through, but it still is too warm for my comfort.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
I had to share thoughts on Mahindra. I believe they make a 100 hp tractor or pretty close.

Anyway, my neighbor has a little 50 hp cab Mahindra with FEL and FWA. I used it to help drill, sow and drag about an acre and a half deer food plot. The ergonomics are pure [bleep]. Nothing is convenient. The parts are small and weak. I've had New Holland or Ford for six years. To top it off, when we were done I touched the front end loader joystick and the cable running from the base of the lever to the hydraulic valve completely broke into. WTF? They make a "good" model but just watch what you're buying.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

451 members (222ND, 22kHornet, 10gaugeman, 1Longbow, 17CalFan, 1lesfox, 37 invisible), 1,973 guests, and 1,082 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,064
Posts18,463,401
Members73,923
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.