Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
But what is winning in Afghanistan? In Iraq there are at least cities. There is nothing in Afghanistan.

GB1

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by JoeBob
But what is winning in Afghanistan? In Iraq there are at least cities. There is nothing in Afghanistan.

You should listen more intently.

My home is the "sanctuary residence" for my firearms.
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Originally Posted by bigwhoop
Originally Posted by JoeBob

You should listen more intently.

Very few of the cities even have electricity. It's the stone age.

Doc

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by TBREW401
What is the definition of insanity?--- doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.

And over and

over again.

What are we thinking?

I do not entertain hypotheticals. The world itself is vexing enough. -- Col. Stonehill
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by FatCity67
Just exactly do you want Trump to do? Create a black hole? It's his damn mess now that he has to clean up. Give him at least the frigging opportunity and some damn support to clean this mess up. I don't believe Mattis is a Globalist.

No Black hole they will just crawl out of it.

I would be OK with the Glass field as long as they make every country in the area against the United States Of America a Glass country.
It will be harder for them to crawl out of that.

IC B2

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by bigwhoop
Breibart is wrong. Globalists have been sent packing. No nation building, no timetables, no announcements, just a result oriented policy. The moronic media will know after it happens.

This is really good news.

There are 2 rules to success:

1. Never tell everything that you know.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Wow, did anyone hear Miss Lindsey tonight? He was on fire for Trump!

http://video.foxnews.com/v/5390333936001/?#sp=show-clips

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Other than the change of ROE, the biggest take away for me was Trump holding Pakistan accountable and enlisting the help of India. That is a huge difference in the last two President's tactics. This is going to be big when Pakistan comes crawling to Trump (much like China and North Korea)

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by OrangeOkie

That just shows how black his queer little heart is. The only thing that gets him going is the promise of more war.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
One month after conquering the Afghan military forces, we should have taken whatever punitive action thought appropriate and loudly declared victory. Bring the boys home, then ticker tape parade. Threaten a repeat in the future, if needed. End of story.

IC B3

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Other than the change of ROE, the biggest take away for me was Trump holding Pakistan accountable and enlisting the help of India. That is a huge difference in the last two President's tactics. This is going to be big when Pakistan comes crawling to Trump (much like China and North Korea)

Pakistan and India will not be easy...

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana

This. A 4K plus up, NO NATION BUILDING, changing ROE and a GOAL is a strategy I can accept. Like I mentioned in my OP, no easy answer, except the obama strategy was by design, bad for us.

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
This can't just be a coincidence.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by BOWSINGER

Pakistan and India will not be easy...

Watch and see, especially Pakistan. As far as India is concerned, did you know they paid for the entire construction of the Afghani Parliament (a waste for sure0 and gov't buildings?

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by jorgeI
I'm not a globalist by any stretch and I've been saying we need to go and sort out Iran since the 70s...

Exactly. Every administration keeps avoiding the primary source..........

Casey

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
One month after conquering the Afghan military forces, we should have taken whatever punitive action thought appropriate and loudly declared victory. Bring the boys home, then ticker tape parade. Threaten a repeat in the future, if needed. End of story.

Newt:: "If the United States pulls completely out of Afghanistan, it could leave a vacuum that would be filled by "some combination of ISIS, al-Qaida, and the Taliban...
"We are in the long-term struggle with terrorism, with Islamist supremacists...We know that the last time we allowed Afghanistan to be an empty space, it was filled with the Taliban and by al-Qaida and the planning for 9/11 was done in Afghanistan."

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The one thing I did like is when Trump said there will be no discussion about troop level and military strategy and only the conditions on the ground will dictate our actions, as opposed to some political poll or the desires of the media.

"Hey jackass, get your government off my freedom."
MOLON LABE
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

+100

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The "just kill enough to make them stop fighting" idea worked so well in Korea that it's been military policy every since. cool

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by FieldGrade

+100

So now we have two people who don't understand how that has never worked...

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

565 members (10Glocks, 160user, 1234, 10gaugemag, 10ring1, 02bfishn, 64 invisible), 2,416 guests, and 1,346 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,228
Posts18,466,602
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.