Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
[img]http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...le-national-anthem-monday-preseason-game[/imv

I guess the >15% drop in viewership last year didn't teach these azzholes anything.
I've said many times, I'm not a football fan, but a lifelong Steeler fan.
No more! I'm beyond tired and disgusted with these morons politicizing pro sports, and mightily sick of the constant leftist attacks on the country I love. Enough's enough for me. I'm done.
I did hear that Jerry Jones forbid his players from showing such dis-respect. Time for the other owners to feel the pinch or man up.
7mm

"Preserving the Constitution, fighting off the nibblers and chippers, even nibblers and chippers with good intentions, was once regarded by conservatives as the first duty of the citizen. It still is." � Wesley Pruden

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I also am planning on writing a letter to the league, and the Pittsburgh Steelers informing them of my decision to no longer support their enterprise.
7mm
Address is as follows.

National Football League
280 Park Avenue
New York NY 10017

"Preserving the Constitution, fighting off the nibblers and chippers, even nibblers and chippers with good intentions, was once regarded by conservatives as the first duty of the citizen. It still is." � Wesley Pruden

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I watch the Denver Broncos but I can boycott the NFL too.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
With Kaepernick's antics being allowed I quit watching anything NFL.

It surprised me. Kaepernick was a nice kid when I met him at UNR. He was my stepson's neighbor. He got in with a bad crowd while with the 'niners, and I think some drugs got abused.

Anyway, he and the NFL can K M A now. I prefer to watch mid major college teams.

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I completely agree with you.
I'm not a football fan either, I never watch it.
What really chaps my ass about pro football. is that they want the town where the stadium is located to pay for a lot of its construction under the premise that it "brings in revenue" expecting the local people to pick up the tab by being taxed. While those overpaid players make millions.

Figures don't lie, But Liars figure
Assumption is the mother of mistakes
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Lots of things to hate about the NFL, this is just one more...

At least Kaeperdick was a has-been. The Browns, really? One of the few never-beens in the NFL despite all the rules designed to achieve parity.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
We boycotted the NFL last year for the same reasons.
We did watch the superbowl, with Brady and Bellichek as Trump fans, we couldn't resist.

We'll boycott this year as well...

I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
Lots of things to hate about the NFL, this is just one more...

At least Kaeperdick was a has-been. The Browns, really? One of the few never-beens in the NFL despite all the rules designed to achieve parity.

Browns? After last night? All I can say is Go Buckeyes and Go Steelers.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Been doing it for years. I just don't care for the people that play now.

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Won't watch a minute of it, won't watch any highlights of it and will turn off any radio coverage of it. Football is entertainment. It should be an escape. A place we can leave all the crap behind. I do not appreciate the NFL allowing its venues to become a place for polarizing political protest.

Last edited by PaulBarnard; 08/22/17.
IC B3

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Why should I listen to that guy, "Ya know"?
NO NFL for me !

if a man speaks, and there isn't a woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
I think the owners need to step up like Jones & give them an ultimatum. Goodell needs to tell the networks to keep the cameras off them & tell the stupid female reporters to quit interviewing them on what they are protesting about, who gives a sh**. I am a Broncs fan & so far so good & hope it stays that way. Brandon Marshall didn't take to long to change his mind last year.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The reporters and the NFL have step into politics. Stupid venture. They shouldn't cover it, or acknowledge it and it would have gone away.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by 7mmbuster
[img]http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...le-national-anthem-monday-preseason-game[/imv
I did hear that Jerry Jones forbid his players from showing such dis-respect. Time for the other owners to feel the pinch or man up.
7mm

Jerry Jones stopped that nonsense before it even started in Dallas last year. He pays those players as professionals and expects them to act same.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Have not watched it except for the SB for years, much prefer college football over it any day of the week.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
If you want to get their attention sign up for NFL Game Pass and cancel before the trial period ends.

[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Couldn't care less about the NFL. Just what you'd expect for products of left wing colleges.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I don't watch much now.
But when Eli retires, I'm likely done completely.

W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
It's said, Bud Grant had the Vikings practice standing for the anthem.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Not really watched games for years.

Seems like the "Not For Long" went bad when they started getting away from it being a sport.

While i am not a fan of the cowboys i do have to give a head nod to jerry for the way he handled this last year.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

622 members (10gaugeman, 12344mag, 10ring1, 1337Fungi, 1941USMC, 16penny, 56 invisible), 2,669 guests, and 1,130 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,308
Posts18,468,178
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.