-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Police evacuated his subdivision all day yesterday while they removed more explosives from his home...

Why would a peaceful, non-violent liberal have all these explosives?

You think they aren't gonna target people next?

HOUSTON -- A Houston man was arrested after authorities said he was caught trying to plant explosives on a Confederate statue at a Houston park, on Monday.

Prosecutors claim 25-year-old Andrew Schneck was caught Saturday evening near a statue of Richard Dowling, a lieutenant in the Confederate army. A Houston park ranger found Schneck holding two boxes with duct tape and wires as well as a bottle and a small tube containing compounds that tests later revealed were explosive materials, according to a criminal complaint.

Schneck's arrest comes after events in Charlottesville, Va., where a white supremacist rally over the removal of a Confederate statue resulted in three deaths, and the removals of other statues nationwide, including at Duke University and late Sunday evening at the University of Texas at Austin.

Schneck was charged with attempting to maliciously damage or destroy property receiving federal financial assistance. He made his initial court appearance Monday and was to remain in federal custody until a detention hearing Thursday.

Philip Hilder, Schneck's attorney, declined to comment Monday.

The statue in Houston, located in Hermann Park, is of Richard W. "Dick" Dowling, an Ireland-born Houston saloon owner. His Confederate unit defeated a Union invasion force at the Battle of Sabine Pass in 1863. Dowling was hailed as a war hero in Houston, and the end of the war saw him resume his successful business career until his death in 1867.

"When asked by [the park ranger] if he wanted to harm the statue, Schneck responded that he did, and that he [Schneck] did not 'like that guy,'" according to the criminal complaint.

Authorities allege that Schneck was caught with a plastic bottle with what is likely nitroglycerin, an active ingredient in the manufacture of explosives, and with a small aluminum tube that contained a white powder that tests showed was Hexamethylene triperoxide diamine, which is used as an initiating or primary explosive. When he was confronted by the park ranger, Schneck tried to drink the bottle that had the nitroglycerin but spit out the liquid and then poured it out on the ground.

The Houston police bomb squad said a timer, wires connected to a homemade detonator, battery and the Hexamethylene triperoxide diamine found in Schneck's possession "were capable to produce a viable explosive device," according to the criminal complaint.

Schneck told police he had other chemicals at his Houston home. On Monday, houses located near Schneck's home were evacuated as authorities worked to dispose of materials found in his home, where he lives with this mother.

According to court documents, Schneck has a bachelor's degree in chemistry from Austin College in Sherman, Texas.

Schneck's mother told authorities that her son uses one of their properties "to conduct his chemistry experiments," according to the criminal complaint.

Schneck was arrested in 2014 on a charge of improperly storing explosive materials at his Houston home. He pleaded guilty and was sentenced to five years of probation.

http://www.nwaonline.com/news/2017/aug/22/bomb-plot-targets-houston-monument-2017/

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Off with his head

[the member formerly known as fluffy}
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
It was on the news here this am...

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Redneck
It was on the news here this am...

Great! smile

I listened to the unfolding saga all day yesterday updated hourly on the radio news out of Houston.

But, that is conservative talk radio. Rush, Hannity, etc. wink

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
OT I know, but even though Rush is conservative I just can't make myself listen to him. He just irritates me.

Back to the topic. The libs will eventually drag themselves down, but I hate waiting for that to happen... they are going to eventually ask for something they cannot "control" the way they want.

But the real answer is going to be how .gov reacts or allows reaction to happen at that time. That will tell the overall future of the US as a whole IMHO.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
IC B2

W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
A lot, if not most people find "news", that backs up what they want to believe. I do not know if there is an open mind to be found. Mine included.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Let see what the antifa do in phoenix tonight.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
still lives with his Mother who would have figured this, 20 years minimum

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I was surprised yesterday that none of the Texans on here posted it. I don't think they'd even heard about it at that time.

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/12222350/houston-bomber#Post12222350

The Savage 99 Pocket Reference”.
All models and variations of 1895’s, 1899’s and 99’s covered.
Also dates, checkering, engraving.. Find at www.savagelevers.com
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by wabigoon
A lot, if not most people find "news", that backs up what they want to believe. I do not know if there is an open mind to be found. Mine included.

Another perspective is, we find the news we can believe. The MSM commies put out just so much that I cannot believe, but the lemmings lap it up. The brain has to be altered to buy into the MSM lies.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
IC B3

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Well, it was maybe a "close call", but he was caught before anything happened. The (black) mayor of Houston was on TV urging people not to do this kind of thing, saying that these "monuments and art" were public property, and while you have the right not to like them, you DO NOT have the right to destroy them. He has also - maybe just not yet - not called for removal of "Confederate" statues.

I don't know of any of this sort of monument that claims to support the practice of slavery. Even white slave owners were only following an excepted and legal at the time practice. None of them went to Africa and "caught" their own slaves - they "bought" them from Arabs (although maybe not directly), who often bought them from other African tribesmen. And all this happened hundreds of years ago! No one is advocating a return to those days - for myself, I wish it had never happened, the blacks had stayed in Africa - and we weren't faced with today's "Black Plague".

Mike

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
There was a cop in Idaho that killed a man, he had illegally stored and illegally possessed explosives and threatened to kill anyone that confronted him including and especially his colleagues in the department. Nothing at all happened to him.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by rost495
OT I know, but even though Rush is conservative I just can't make myself listen to him. He just irritates me.

Agreed.
He is so self-promoting, egotistical, and snotty.
I like most of his view-points, but don't like HIM.

I do listen to Rush sometimes when I can, but grit my teeth when he starts bragging about himself.

I like Hannity much more.

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
I never see anything on CNN, Barry. wink

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

561 members (1lesfox, 10gaugemag, 11point, 007FJ, 12344mag, 160user, 56 invisible), 2,898 guests, and 1,231 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,359
Posts18,468,939
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.