Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
jeeper Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
I haven't ordered from Pacific Tool & Gauge in a couple years. I don't remember it taking 3 weeks to ship an in stock item back then , but I have now been waiting 3 weeks for an order. I haven't communicated with them yet , will give them a few more days. I was just wondering if this is the norm for them nowadays.

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I ordered a few in stock floorplates a few months back and got a notice that they were not in stock. LOL. Took a while to get them.

Their computer system must suck very badly....or goodly....depending on how you look at it.

Last edited by 257heaven; 08/14/17.

Sent from my Dingleberry Handheld Wireless
Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
It's not just their computer system that sucks, it's their ENTIRE system.

Bunch of retards (no offense meant to JeffO) running that place.

Screw you! I'm voting for Trump again!

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the 24HCF.
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
The fun part is when the package arrives, and you discover they sent you the wrong item.

So you return it, and they once again ship a different yet still incorrect item.

Good times... grin

Anybody who seriously concerns themselves with the adequacy of a Big 7mm for anything we hunt here short of brown bear, is a dufus. They are mostly making shidt up. Crunch! Nite-nite!

Stolen from an erudite CF member.
P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
How this company is still in business is beyond me. Just stay away.

How do you know a Trump hater? They'll tell you.
IC B2

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
PTG CS just sucks.

It ain't just you

They say everything happens for a reason.
For me that reason is usually because I've made some bad decisions that I need to pay for.
T
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by jeeper
I haven't ordered from Pacific Tool & Gauge in a couple years. I don't remember it taking 3 weeks to ship an in stock item back then , but I have now been waiting 3 weeks for an order. I haven't communicated with them yet , will give them a few more days. I was just wondering if this is the norm for them nowadays.

Don't bother communicating with them. It accomplishes nothing, and you'll just end up even more pissed off.

Those who must raise their voice to get their point across are generally not intelligent enough to do so in any other way.
O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Looking for 1 pc floor plate about a year ago. Showed as "In Stock" on PTG website. Ordered it. Waited a month. Called them. It was "out being made". Two months later (3 months total) my "In Stock" floor plate arrived...

I am still willing to consider PTG for items unique to their offerings. But, only for projects where I have absolutely NO timeline or timing expectation...

J
JSH Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
I ordered a couple of 'In Stock' trigger guards a couple of years ago and they took about a month. The quality was nice but I was surprised at the delay for something they supposedly had on the shelf. it sounds like it hasn't changed much.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
For Oregon they are actually well above the curve.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
IC B3

D
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
D
Originally Posted by peeshooter
How this company is still in business is beyond me. Just stay away.

Agreed.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Last time I dealt with them was thru the Better Business Bureau.

I never thought I'd grow up to be a grumpy old man, but I did, and I'm killin' it.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I got lucky with them twice, which seems to be 2 times more than most.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Ditto 16bore. And one of the two times, I ordered the wrong part. I called, and they shipped the replacement before receiving my return; parts passed in the mail. That was a while ago, though.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I recently ordered a 7x64 reamer from them and it arrived here in Australia 7 days after I ordered it online. Can't complain about that.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C

Originally Posted by Legionnaire
Ditto 16bore. And one of the two times, I ordered the wrong part. I called, and they shipped the replacement before receiving my return; parts passed in the mail. That was a while ago, though.

You must have started a trend & now they send the wrong item on purpose thinking everybody orders wrong...

Originally Posted by RickF
The fun part is when the package arrives, and you discover they sent you the wrong item.

So you return it, and they once again ship a different yet still incorrect item. Good times... grin

This happens WAY too often. Way more stories than I can type. PT&G makes some good stuff but they are 100% last ditch effort for anything I need.

However, if you absolutely need something they have, Midway, Grizzly & places like that are carrying some stuff PT&G makes. Otherwise call JGS or Manson for your specific needs...

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Their Yelp and Google rating is low enough to scare me off. I would never deal with them based on that. Their Facebook rating needs adjustment to reflect reality.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Their Yelp and Google rating is low enough to scare me off. I would never deal with them based on that. Their Facebook rating needs adjustment to reflect reality.

Having witnessed businesses using Yelp, in particular, to do bad things to competitors it would be the last place I would look for a reference. Not saying PT&G do not deserve their ratings, just that Yelp is a bad joke.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
V
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
V
Ordered a bolt head from them. Six months later I called. They said sorry, they would get right on it. 2 years later I still don't have it!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I've ordered various things from PT&G over the years, online and over the phone. I've never had a bad experience with them and wouldn't hesitate to call them for an item. Obviously this isn't everyone's experience, but I've no complaints with their products or CS.

Originally Posted by Mule Deer
Suck bullets simply suck.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

560 members (1minute, 270wsmnutt, 2ndwind, 260Remguy, 160user, 10gaugemag, 59 invisible), 2,142 guests, and 1,256 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,291
Posts18,448,932
Members73,900
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.