Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
So I got a call back from the Remington rep and I'm genuinely pleased with the resolution. They are shipping a new rifle to me and I am overnighting the defective rifle back to them. He said that the ticket made it back to the gunsmiths and engineers and they want to test the metal on mine to see what made it crack.

He knew I was pissed because they botched the first attempt at fixing it but they are more than making up for it now IMO

GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by huntsonora
So I got a call back from the Remington rep and I'm genuinely pleased with the resolution. They are shipping a new rifle to me and I am overnighting the defective rifle back to them. He said that the ticket made it back to the gunsmiths and engineers and they want to test the metal on mine to see what made it crack.

He knew I was pissed because they botched the first attempt at fixing it but they are more than making up for it now IMO

Good on them. I hope the replacement exceeds expectations!

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
huntsonora: "He opened the email and said "God almighty that's obvious...etc." - really surprised your Remington rep. stated that. Guess the he must've missed the Remington
class on "never admit to liability". Homesteader

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Now that is a good outcome.

S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I've not had issue with the few newer Remington 700s I've purchased (an ADL and a Mtn Rifle). Glad Remington is making it right on their 2nd attempt, but the problem and process of repair to this point is alarming.

Nut

Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny.

Thomas Jefferson

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Fantastic Drumm !!!

I'm very glad they R making it good. Shouldn't have been any ? In the first place.

Please let us know how the new rifle works out.

Good Hunting & Good Shooting

Jerry

jwall- *** 3100 guy***

A Flat Trajectory is Never a Handicap

Speed is Trajectory's Friend !!
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Good results..... know why?

"It wasn't because of your rugged good looks.... it was your confidence"

Some flaming homo told me that once.... I think he might have been hitting on me....

You better pray to the God of Skinny Punks that this wind doesn't pick up......
R
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
R
I never seen a lug break...there are plenty of like new older rifles out there why buy a new one that's garbage...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by huntsonora

I wouldn't call it a victory yet. There's still plenty of opportunity for Remington to dick this up in their special way. I hope they fire the idiot who botched your diagnosis.

IC B3

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
D
My newest 700 is over 30 yrs. old.

I hate MIM parts. Some of these new guns use a lot of that, Remington especially.

At least Rugers are cast steel, not MIM. Haven't heard of an investment cast steel part breaking.

A slab of "steel" like a recoil lug cracking, gotta be MIM... Real steel won't do that. They probably put stress on that part, cranked down on the barrel as they screwed it in place.

DF

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer
My newest 700 is over 30 yrs. old.

I hate MIM parts. Some of these new guns use a lot of that, Remington especially.

At least Rugers are cast steel, not MIM. Haven't heard of an investment cast steel part breaking.

A slab of "steel" like a recoil lug cracking, gotta be MIM... Real steel won't do that. They probably put stress on that part, cranked down on the barrel as they screwed it in place.

DF

You still do not get the fact it is NOT a MIM part?

Some of the best planer blades are sintered steel... the abuse they get is orders of magnitude greater than any rifle part...

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Regardless, I'd say they just lost a customer on this end. That was crap service, and the fact that they sent it back still cracked the first time deserves a lawsuit, not a resolution.

So, when are you selling your brand-new unfired rifle???

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
You have an FFL? Cuzz if you don't there is no way they can ship a new rifle to you.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Steelhead
You have an FFL? Cuzz if you don't there is no way they can ship a new rifle to you.

I ordinarily don't respond BUT...

I know for a fact they can! Don't ask me how, it has been done.

Jerry

Last edited by jwall; 08/23/17.

jwall- *** 3100 guy***

A Flat Trajectory is Never a Handicap

Speed is Trajectory's Friend !!
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker

Nope, no FFL and I have a tracking number for the rifle

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
I wonder how that works.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I wonder how that works.

We had a similar discussion on the Savage forum. Savage did a complete replacement and shipped it directly back to the non-FFL customer. There was a pretty good explanation provided there. I'll see if I can stir it up, but it was a long time ago.

W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
Laws may have changed but I had one shipped directly to my as it fell under a provision of returning a repaired firearm.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
I had one that was replaced by Weatherby but they sent it to one of their authorized dealers. I think it is probably easier for the MFR to do that then scrap the bad rifle and fill out new paperwork.

Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

524 members (10gaugeman, 204guy, 007FJ, 2500HD, 06hunter59, 1eyedmule, 47 invisible), 2,795 guests, and 1,246 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,597
Posts18,454,376
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.