Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
B
boatboy Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
B
Can anyone direct me to a reasonable priced and good quality 15 in vanguard?
I would like a slim rail on top

Prefer key mod

I see the ones on supper sale 229 but now 59.99 pretty sure they are 59.99 rails

I really don't know what the good values are
Everyone's are the best
Just read the description

Hank

Or if a member has one collecting dust pm me

Thank You Lord for another day,Help my Brother along the way

When you mature,you realize hospitals and schools are businesses,and the Beatles were geniuses

Live Like A Champion Today

NRA EndowmentLife Member,My Daughter is also a Life Member
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Watch the sales on UTG rails on Primary Arms website.

They have some decent prices on them from time to time & they are very serviceable & economical rail. Primary will generally sale them at around $120 or sometime down to $80 or so if you catch it right.

A Midwest, BCM or SLR rails they are not, but you will not be paying what those rails cost & they are reasonably rigid & slim.

MM

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Chandler Hardwoods has a Matrix hand guard for $59. This is the handguard I'm buying for my next build. The Matix Charlie is Keymod and slim. Reviews I've read on the web have been pretty good.

Good is not good when better is expected. ~ Thomas Fuller
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Joebobs has several on sale around $100-130

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
This is a great subject. I wish I knew what kind of handguard Rogue Defense uses (I'm sure it is fairly inexpensive) because I like them as much as both of my Noveske NSR's (skinny rail). Here's a picture of the 15" Rogue Defense:

[Linked Image]

VS. the Noveske 15" NSR:
[Linked Image]

These are very similar in weight and feel. If I were looking for a good 15" handguard, I'd probably buy the less expensive Rogue Defense over the Noveske.....

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
ALG is the best bang for the buck. You may have to go with MLOK though, no big deal.

Last edited by wareagle700; 08/21/17.

John 8:12 "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life."
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
mentium on ebay

the consolidation of the states into one vast republic, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of that ruin which has overwhelmed all those that have preceded. Robert E Lee
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Midwest Industries makes a slim keymod rail that seems pretty solid. It uses the stock barrel nut.

ALG is my favorite. They're not a slim, but aren't as big as the Aero Precision rails. And they're pretty bombproof. Very solid.

If you're willing to wait until Labor Day there will be a lot of stuff on sale. ALG has rails 45% off last month.

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I have a Midwest Industries that is pretty slim and comfortable. Fire sales on most AR parts, you should be able to find something.

NRA Life Member
T
TWR Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Troy has 25% off right now with code "summer" but they still aren't cheap.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by supercrewd
I have a Midwest Industries that is pretty slim and comfortable. Fire sales on most AR parts, you should be able to find something.

Are you saying that Midwest's rails are being fire-saled somewhere???

If so post it up as I have yet to see them reduced by more than $10 or so as I need a new rail right now.

MM

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Have any of you guys tried the Chinese NSR clone? I know, buy American when you can, but those are about $50.00 on ebay.....

I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.

BSA MAGA
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by MontanaMan
Originally Posted by supercrewd

Are you saying that Midwest's rails are being fire-saled somewhere???

If so post it up as I have yet to see them reduced by more than $10 or so as I need a new rail right now.

MM

The two sentences were not connected. I would imagine those products that have demand still are regular priced. Keep checking...

NRA Life Member
A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Have any of you guys tried the Chinese NSR clone? I know, buy American when you can, but those are about $50.00 on ebay.....

Yes, typically, they have a soft metal in the barrel nut, and the fit to the nut is looser than an NSR. I've install a couple on friends rifles, the nut was pretty easy to round the edges of the flats if you didn't take your time.

If you are really just going to and from the bench, it's probably OK, but I'd hesitate to go with one afield much.

Hank and BSA - watch the Equipment Exchange on AR-15.com, they generally have a bunch of decent parts rolling through the daily pages. I've found gems on there, when I couldn't find the comparable part else where.

Last edited by AH64guy; 08/22/17.
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
AH64, thanks for the info. I appreciate that!!!

BSA MAGA
B
boatboy Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
B
Thanks for all the info

I was on the treadmill yesterday and thought about the fact that you can buy a handguard for XXX

But the way things are right now add about 27.00 and get a complete upper

Just almost have to watch for the right one

Just a thought

Hank

Thank You Lord for another day,Help my Brother along the way

When you mature,you realize hospitals and schools are businesses,and the Beatles were geniuses

Live Like A Champion Today

NRA EndowmentLife Member,My Daughter is also a Life Member
M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
New manufacturer jus came across my inbox. STNGR I haven't tried them, but they look like they might be my next choice for a build.

Y
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Y
Originally Posted by midget
New manufacturer jus came across my inbox. STNGR I haven't tried them, but they look like they might be my next choice for a build.

Those look good, thanks for the link.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Yes, they look very good.

Thanks for posting............I've not seen these before, but at that price, surely worth trying. The don't list the OD dimension, but with a 1.25" ID, it has to be slim. I cannot tolerate a thick rail.

MM

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter

...And as stout as anything out there.👍👍 20" ARP 6.5 Grendel.

[Linked Image]

All the best things in life, live on the other side off fear.

The true eye sees not the despair of its victims, only the elegance of equilibrium. It's a demonstration of superior judgment.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

579 members (10gaugemag, 1minute, 160user, 1lessdog, 007FJ, 1lesfox, 57 invisible), 2,734 guests, and 1,259 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,365
Posts18,469,035
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.