Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
I am a bit surprised that Doug is silent on this as it seems he/they "created" a chunk of the demand, at least here...

Conduct is the best proof of character.
BP-B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I like the Vortex stuff I have and have used. I have had to send some stuff back for repair I won't deny that. But atleast I know if my Vortex stuff breaks or if I break it, I can send it back and get it fixed. I haven't looked at Leupold or Nikon or any other brands in a long time besides Burris, but last time I looked, if they broke, I would have to fix em on my dime whether my fault or theirs. For me a warranty is gold. I don't have the income to replace my gear due to accidents or no fault of my own. So I now buy based on warranty as long as what I am purchasing works well for my eyes and is quality I can afford and not crap. Vortex to me so far has treated me well. I'll keep using them until their quality and or warranty goes to complete crap. An believe me I have been blessed to use the big three, Minox and various other optic brands. So I tend to buy what my eyes like and what I have experienced first hand, not what some 'pro" suggests is what I need.
I hope the truth comes out soon on this topic. I'd be interested to know. Altho I'll still be a Vortex purchaser but have been leaning a lot toward Burris. No need for new stuff yet tho.

Enrique O. Ramirez
CLAN OF THE BORDER RATS - Member

"..faith is being sure of what you hope for and certain of what you do not see.." Hebrews 11:1
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by Enrique
I like the Vortex stuff I have and have used. I have had to send some stuff back for repair I won't deny that. But atleast I know if my Vortex stuff breaks or if I break it, I can send it back and get it fixed. I haven't looked at Leupold or Nikon or any other brands in a long time besides Burris, but last time I looked, if they broke, I would have to fix em on my dime whether my fault or theirs. For me a warranty is gold. I don't have the income to replace my gear due to accidents or no fault of my own. So I now buy based on warranty as long as what I am purchasing works well for my eyes and is quality I can afford and not crap. Vortex to me so far has treated me well. I'll keep using them until their quality and or warranty goes to complete crap. An believe me I have been blessed to use the big three, Minox and various other optic brands. So I tend to buy what my eyes like and what I have experienced first hand, not what some 'pro" suggests is what I need.
I hope the truth comes out soon on this topic. I'd be interested to know. Altho I'll still be a Vortex purchaser but have been leaning a lot toward Burris. No need for new stuff yet tho.

Since when has there EVER been a problem with Leupold's warranty?

Mauser Rescue Society
Founder, President, and Chairman

I don't always shoot Mausers, but when I do...I prefer VZ-24s.

jdi do píči
C
cdb Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I haven't looked at Leupold or Nikon or any other brands in a long time besides Burris, but last time I looked, if they broke, I would have to fix em on my dime whether my fault or theirs.

That is news to me.

Don't roll those bloodshot eyes at me.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by kingston
Fück China

Amen...

NRA Life Benefactor Member
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I haven't looked at Leupold or Nikon or any other brands in a long time besides Burris, but last time I looked, if they broke, I would have to fix em on my dime whether my fault or theirs. For me a warranty is gold. I don't have the income to replace my gear due to accidents or no fault of my own. So I now buy based on warranty

When did Leupold cease to be the gold standard on warranty, no fault, no questions, no BS???

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I haven't looked at Leupold or Nikon or any other brands in a long time besides Burris, but last time I looked, if they broke, I would have to fix em on my dime whether my fault or theirs. .

You, sir, are incorrect. Very incorrect.

'Four legs good, two legs baaaad."
----------------------------------------------
"Jimmy, some of it's magic,
Some of it's tragic,
But I had a good life all the way."
(Jimmy Buffett)

SotG
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Son_of_the_Gael
I haven't looked at Leupold or Nikon or any other brands in a long time besides Burris, but last time I looked, if they broke, I would have to fix em on my dime whether my fault or theirs. .

You, sir, are incorrect. Very incorrect.

It seems like Leupold, Bushnell, and Vortex are "no fault" companies now. There may be more.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by Matt in Virginia
Originally Posted by kingston
Fück China

Amen...

I'll never buy another Vortex product in my life.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Farmboy1
I am not sure this has been posted on here before, but the news is Vortex is now having all
of their optics made in China.

The Razor and Viper binoculars at least have been made in Japan, for many years.

This is not good news.

How is the Razor going to compete with all of the nice midrange binoculars, such as the
Zeiss Conquest HD, Leica Trinovid, GPO, Maven, Tract, Monarch HD, Meopta Meostar.
They are all made in Japan or Europe.

These are all in the $999.00 range.

Who is going to pay that for a China made Razor ?

Question is, would you pay $600 for that bino made in China?

A true sportsman counts his achievements in proportion to the effort involved and fairness of the sport. - S. Pope
IC B3

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
I wouldn't. The Tract Toric is at least as good for $650. It's a high quality, high performing glass made in Japan.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Sellers experencing super high return on their investment. The reason they are so promoted by some dealers. Chinese slave labor turns out their junk for pennies on the dollar. Less than scrupleous dealers love this advantage.

Simmons would have one believe they were located in Thomasville, GA. As far as their warranty and scope manfacture that was just as much bullshit. See where they are now.

Loved the Vortex comparison to a toilet flush. 😱

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
I recently bought a Viper PST Gen-2, and its a badass scope...made in Philippines.

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Originally Posted by dogcatcher223
I recently bought a Viper PST Gen-2, and its a badass scope...made in Philippines.

Let's hear the details! Tracking, RTZ, adjustments and glass all good?

John

If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14
S
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
S
Originally Posted by JGRaider
I wouldn't. The Tract Toric is at least as good for $650. It's a high quality, high performing glass made in Japan.

China or Japan ... almost no difference. The Japanese are only producing cheaper, lower quality copies of the EURO makers. It's all about the glass and the R&D. Sorry, but there are only three countries where they make a high-quality glass. Germany, Austria and Czech Republic (MeOpta). Everything else is cheap, low-end glass. Not sure about the US makers but my guess is that even the high-end glass is sourced from the Euro makers and their products are assembled here.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Vortex warranty with keep them in the top five optic dealers for a long time.

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by ShakyHands

China or Japan ... almost no difference. The Japanese are only producing cheaper, lower quality copies of the EURO makers. It's all about the glass and the R&D. Sorry, but there are only three countries where they make a high-quality glass. Germany, Austria and Czech Republic (MeOpta). Everything else is cheap, low-end glass. Not sure about the US makers but my guess is that even the high-end glass is sourced from the Euro makers and their products are assembled here.

How does Kowa make one of the finest spotting scopes in the world then?

About 75% of your post proves you know zero about which you are talking about.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by bea175
Vortex warranty with keep them in the top five optic dealers for a long time.

That's the only reason.

S
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
S

You can insult all you want. Kowa is just another Japanese maker that that is copying the Euro glass. Maybe even sourcing the glass from them. I would compare it to Lexus in the car industry. Just an upgraded Toyota. No thanks

Why would I spend $3K+ on Kowa spotting scope when I can get the MeOpta S2 for way less and the quality of the glass is maybe even better.

Heck, I would even rather buy the Cabelas Euro spottings scope for $1800 which is close to half price of the Kowa and you get rebranded S2. If I'm spending over $3K, I can probably afford to buy Swaro, Zeiss etc.

Sorry, you will never see an upgraded Toyota in my garage or a Kowa spotting scope in my gear bag.

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular

Agreed, Shaky does not know much at all about what he is talking about. Some of the best optics in the world
are made in Japan.

I will not give a lesson, on what models, as I don't think he would comprehend, and is someone with little
experience.

Welcome to the Fire, Shaky, but don't try to blow smoke out of your azz...!

Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
719 members (11point, 12344mag, 10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 160user, 117LBS, 92 invisible), 2,749 guests, and 1,307 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,695
Posts18,399,872
Members73,820
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.