-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I will be spending several months each year in Spain when I retire and have not yet looked into big game hunting there. Does anyone have some experience hunting Spain you could share in this thread?

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
GB1

K
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
K
It's too bad "Writing Frog" does not post here anymore. He has extensive experience hunting big game in Spain. Red deer, Gams, etc. And I've lost all my contact info for him. He wrote for a euro hunting publication. Very nice guy and a wealth of knowledge!

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

B
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
B
Originally Posted by OrangeOkie
I will be spending several months each year in Spain when I retire and have not yet looked into big game hunting there. Does anyone have some experience hunting Spain you could share in this thread?

Hi.
In Spain there are many hunting games, big games and small games.
The most populars Spanish hunting games are the Ibex. There are 4 Spanish Ibex (Beceite Ibex, Gredos Ibex, Southeastern Ibex and Ronda Ibex).
Other hunting game it is Balearean Boc.
There are 2 native species of Chamois in Spain - Pyrenean chamois and Cantabrian Chamois. Pyrenean chamois it is bigger than Cantabrian.
There are 2 subspecies of sheeps -Mouflon Sheep and Barbary sheep..
In Spain there are 3 different species of native Deer. Spanish red deer, fallow deer and roe deer. The roe deer population it is very good with excellent trophies.
Also you can hunt wild boar and most popular Spanish Monteria where there are opportunities to shoot a lot of boars, deer, mouflons.

Small game hunting in Spain - Partridge.

So, how you can see in Spain there are great variety of hunting games. You can choose and enjoy of your hunt.

Regards.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Thanks to both of you for taking the time to respond.

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Several years ago, I went to Spain to hunt the Beceite Ibex. The hunt area was near the ancient city of Morella, south of Barcelona, in the Beceite Mountains. It was a terrific hunt, with lots of Ibex spotted and stalked. I ended up taking a real dandy of an Ibex, which made the trip very special from a hunting standpoint, but the countryside, people, and history are absolutely worth experiencing.
Here's a pic of my Ibex.

[Linked Image]

I'd rather be a free man in my grave, than living as a puppet or a slave....
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I've hunted Spain several times for red stag, fallow deer, and wild boar. I hunted with Eduardo Aroaz and Cazatur. Great outfit, and good people.

http://cazatur.com/en/

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
Campfire Member
Campfire Member

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Jose Castresana

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Thanks for all the info guys. I really appreciate it. I'm wondering if one can bring his own rifle and ammo, too.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Yes you can bring your own rifle and ammo. You can also hunt Maral Elk in Spain.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Thanks Slider

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I am soon to have, vicariously anyway. Found a management ibex hunt near Barcelona for my daughters graduation present. Looking forward to the hunt, but am jealous she is hunting an animal I've never hunted.

Don't just be a survivor, be a competitor.
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Happy to help. Jose took this S.C.I. World Record Mid Asian Ibex in Kyrgyzstan but he lives in Spain.

[Linked Image]

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

517 members (22kHornet, 17CalFan, 222Sako, 10gaugemag, 160user, 10Glocks, 41 invisible), 2,676 guests, and 1,097 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,287
Posts18,467,895
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.