Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by David_Walter
There is no way, thank God, that National Guard Soldiers will fix bayonets against US citizens.

We are the good guys, and that would disappear in a single stabbing.

They thought that at Kent State, too. Let conservative patriots rise up and cause a stink and .gov will have themfacing us down. They would support the law (the man) over the revolutionaries (folks).

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
BP-B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by gunner500
Please swing that gay lock at me professor. smile

That is something I'd love to see.

I have a feeling we'd be seeing a gay professor swinging by a lock.

That's sticking out his ass.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
When charged with crimes, some consider themselves defendants while others hold themselves out as martyrs to the cause. Former Diablo College adjunct philosophy prof, Eric Clanton, is the poster boy of the martyr.

My name is Eric. I’m currently facing years of prison time as the result of accusations made in the most shockingly hateful parts of the internet. On April 19th I began being targeted by a dedicated swarm of internet trolls known for spewing racism, xenophobia, and misogyny onto the web. Suddenly a hit piece by Milo Yiannopolis caused the targeting to go viral. Several old social media photos were posted, online accounts hacked, addresses published, hundreds of calls to my employers, and countless threats of physical violence made against me, my coworkers, friends and many others. This harassment campaign is where the accusations against me originated.

That’s the view of life of the martyr. The retelling, however, isn’t quite accurate. He’s not facing prison time as a result of accusations, but as a result of hitting a guy on the head with a metal bike lock for being a Trump supporter at a Berkeley protest.

More here: Crick Here

Broncos are officially the worst team in the nation this year.
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by 280shooter
When charged with crimes, some consider themselves defendants while others hold themselves out as martyrs to the cause. Former Diablo College adjunct philosophy prof, Eric Clanton, is the poster boy of the martyr.

My name is Eric. I’m currently facing years of prison time as the result of accusations made in the most shockingly hateful parts of the internet. On April 19th I began being targeted by a dedicated swarm of internet trolls known for spewing racism, xenophobia, and misogyny onto the web. Suddenly a hit piece by Milo Yiannopolis caused the targeting to go viral. Several old social media photos were posted, online accounts hacked, addresses published, hundreds of calls to my employers, and countless threats of physical violence made against me, my coworkers, friends and many others. This harassment campaign is where the accusations against me originated.

That’s the view of life of the martyr. The retelling, however, isn’t quite accurate. He’s not facing prison time as a result of accusations, but as a result of hitting a guy on the head with a metal bike lock for being a Trump supporter at a Berkeley protest.

More here: Crick Here

Do ALL these types simply repeat what they want reality to be? The man did grievous bodily harm, with a high probability of permanent injury, or death, to others. Can they really just ignore that? Incredible.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T

I would actually like to to see that. Even if you're unarmed. I'd like to watch him be dearmed. grin

Last edited by tzone; 08/26/17.

Camp is where you make it.
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
There is no way, thank God, that National Guard Soldiers will fix bayonets against US citizens.

These folks aren't Americans. I don't care what it says on their passports.

These folks aren't Americans. I don't care what it says on their passports.

What is this!? We agree! Dave is missing something here.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by benchman
[quote=280shooter]When charged with crimes, some consider themselves defendants while others hold themselves out as martyrs to the cause. Former Diablo College adjunct philosophy prof, Eric Clanton, is the poster boy of the martyr.

Martyr, but in the Islamic sense, not the Christian sense.

Islam is a terrorist organization.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
All of us that had Kryptonites as bike locks know exactly how much it hurts to have one land your foot. The amount of damage one could do when wielded with a purpose has to be fairly nasty.

T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by trplem
All of us that had Kryptonites as bike locks know exactly how much it hurts to have one land your foot. The amount of damage one could do when wielded with a purpose has to be fairly nasty.

About like a hammer.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
The charges should be no less than Attempted Murder.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

IC B3

T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by 12344mag
The charges should be no less than Attempted Murder.

Yep. Agreed.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

Originally Posted by trplem

About like a hammer.

According to the manufacturer's website, that specific model of bike lock shown in the photo in the OP is just shy of 12" long and weighs 2.8 lbs which makes the bike lock some shorter but a good bit heavier than the average framing hammer.

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Good posts David Walter. I would have to look all that up to espouse it correctly. The Guard and Reserve are 99% of the time misunderstood. And you're certainly correct about how the Guard used to be an easy gig, but after 9/11 the axis of the world changed.

Thank you for your service and fir continuing to lead the younger troops.

Bob
Enjoy life now -- it has an expiration date.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter

I would change the rules of engagement vs Kent State. Let the boys on the ground fix bayonets..

you mean to say the NG wont fix bayonets again?

and the US army, they wont fix bayonets again?

if you dont F/B against citizens if ever ordered to, you might find yourself at the pointy end of some.
question is, which way would you go in that situation after having given NG your heart and soul.

what about firing on citizens...would that end in a single person being shot?
Kent state was a 67 shot barrage.

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

Originally Posted by Akbob5
Good posts David Walter. I would have to look all that up to espouse it correctly. The Guard and Reserve are 99% of the time misunderstood. And you're certainly correct about how the Guard used to be an easy gig, but after 9/11 the axis of the world changed.

Thank you for your service and fir continuing to lead the younger troops.

http://digitaledition.qwinc.com/art...ays+In+Vietnam/362258/35340/article.html

VFW Magazine — May 2010

National Guard’s Deadliest Days In Vietnam
The Editors

The two National Guard artillery battalions that served in Vietnam in 1969 experienced the deadliest single-action losses of the war for citizen-soldier units. The homecoming for these casualties caused an outpouring of public emotion in Bardstown, Ky., and Manchester, N.H.

INfusion was the byword when it came to the National Guard during the Vietnam War. It was a policy designed to prevent too many men from the same hometown from dying in a single action from the same unit. However, in two instances, it was unable to avert fate.

The Army National Guard’s single deadliest actions of the Vietnam War came in the summer of 1969. On June 19, C Battery, 2nd Battalion, 138th Field Artillery (Kentucky National Guard), was stationed at Firebase Tomahawk.

Perched atop a saddle-shaped hill astride Highway 1, 19 miles southeast of Hue, it was a prime enemy target.“This is a terrible place to be,” recalled one officer when he first saw it. Besides the 70-man artillery battery—90% of whom originally hailed from the Bardstown area of Kentucky—the firebase was manned by an 18-man platoon from C Co., 2nd Bn., 501st Inf., 101st Abn.Div. At 1:30 a.m., the 72nd Sapper Company of the North Vietnamese Army’s (NVA) 4th Regiment attacked, quickly breaching the perimeter. “During the first 15 or 20 minutes, I didn’t think we were gonna make it,” Ronnie Hibbs remembered. It would be a tough night indeed for the citizen-soldiers.

“Seems like we fought for hours and hours,”Reuben Simpson said,“but it really wasn’t that long. When I went out at first light, I was amazed at what little was left.The whole hill was just about gone.” An estimated 150 enemy rocket-propelled grenades and satchel charges had destroyed three howitzers (and disabled one), an ammo storage area, nine bunkers, the mess hall, the dining tent, a maintenance area, four ammo carriers and three jeeps.

Of the nine artillerymen killed, four were actually active-duty soldiers infused into the Kentucky battery. One of the five Kentuckians was killed by “friendly fire.” Another, Sgt. James Moore, died of painful burns five days later on June 24 aboard a hospital ship. Four of the Guardsmen called Bardstown home; the other was from Carrollton. A total of 37 Guardsmen were wounded. The 101st platoon lost four KIA and 13 WIA. Some 18 NVA sapper bodies were counted.

Though Bardstown, population 5,000, is sometimes referred to as suffering the highest per capita loss of the war (its surrounding area sustained 17 killed), that dubious distinction actually belongs to Beallsville, Ohio.With only 475 residents, it sacrificed six of its sons.

Of Battery C’s original 117 members, 85 were married. It enlisted seven sets of brothers, plus many cousins. Their fallen Comrades, as well as other area residents killed, are honored by two monuments on the town’s Courthouse Square.

“Bardstown would become a symbol of how deep into America the war had reached, and few, if any, communities in this land felt the impact of the war as did the people here,” wrote Jim Wilson, author of The Sons of Bardstown: 25 Years of Vietnam in an American Town.

Manchester Mourns Far to the northeast in New Hampshire, the 94,000 people of this mid-sized city may have taken exception to that statement.

Manchester was home base to the 3rd Bn., 197th Artillery (New Hampshire National Guard).

The battalion sent 506 soldiers to Vietnam, 80% of whom were married.

Many of the men were of French- Canadian descent who attended the same schools and churches. Some lived on the same streets in the same West Side neighborhood. Some were not even U.S. citizens.

Once in Vietnam, 70% were “infused,” or dispersed to regular Army units. No matter where they were stationed, actions on the homefront were felt keenly. CWO Albert Lahaie of Service Battery wrote in a letter published in the Manchester Union Leader: “We feel that the publicity at home has been focused so intensely on those who have not accepted their duty that by accepting ours,we have been forgotten.” On Aug. 26, five men of A Battery were on their way to regroup in Long Binh before heading home. About 32 miles from Saigon, their vehicle hit a 40- pound land mine on Highway 13, known as “Thunder Road.” “They were within sight of Lai Khe Base Camp,” said Joe Comroe.

“I was there, and witnessed the explosion, which blew the 5-ton truck they were riding in nearly 100 feet in the air.” When the men’s bodies were returned home, 2,000 mourners turned out. The five flag-draped coffins were too much for family members to bear.

(Four of the five were married.) “The moans and sobs of relatives were heard above the silence,” according to the New Hampshire Sunday News. City officials called it the “saddest place, the saddest day in the city’s history.” Veterans of the 197th held a 40th anniversary reunion last year, as they had done earlier. The deaths of those fellow unit members are never far from their thoughts. As Roy Hughes said, “Part of all of us is in those cemeteries in Manchester—and always will be.”

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
One of the guys in my squad in Basic, had a brother that was killed as a Guard member serving in Vietnam,
being from Bardstown KY...Last name was Hoover or Hooper, something like that..

remember his first name was Lloyd.

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by Vic_in_Va

That is something I'd love to see.

I have a feeling we'd be seeing a gay professor swinging by a lock.

That's sticking out his ass.

LOL, I'd just wad her up and bring her back to the farm with me for an extended visit. smile

Trump Won!
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by tzone

I would actually like to to see that. Even if you're unarmed. I'd like to watch him be dearmed. grin

A de-armed professor standing in front of a chalk board would indeed stimulate much cranial activity for the students. shocked laugh

Trump Won!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
During deseggration of Little Rock the Natl Guard broke up the crowd quickly and effectively by fixing bayoneted and marching toward them.

It has been used before effectively in such mob situations.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
796 members (1234, 160user, 10gaugeman, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 007FJ, 80 invisible), 3,175 guests, and 1,314 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,710
Posts18,400,171
Members73,820
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.