Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Thank you....

Little squirt, but he is an overachiever. Shame our Birds are down, but we have some trips planned for fall. His mentor has signed him off and gone on to other fields. He needs a Bud.

Right now there is a Groundhog who lives under the deck that is worrying him to no end. Drives him nuts to be able to smell it right under his feet and yet so far away.

Last edited by battue; 08/16/17.

laissez les bons temps rouler
BP-B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Hoping to find out in Sept!

Lots of firsts on this trip:
1. hunting ruffed grouse east of Utah
2. hunting ruffed grouse with a dog
3. Hanks first time hunting ruffed grouse

Hope we can add a few more firsts before the trip is over!

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Birds open up in a few days here. Seen a few while picking berries so numbers seem good. Found out my little dog has an enlarged heart and lung problems so we won't be doing any strenuous hunts this year. 8 years old is too young... She wasn't any good at it anyhow but we always enjoyed our hikes. Bruce, maybe this will be the winter we can get together and go after somebirds. i'd like that.

Last edited by Fireball2; 08/28/17.

LOL
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Birds open up in a few days here. Seen a few while picking berries so numbers seem good. Found out my little dog has an enlarged heart and lung problems so we won't be doing any strenuous hunts this year. 8 years old is too young... She wasn't any good at it anyhow but we always enjoyed our hikes. Bruce, maybe this will be the winter we can get together and go after somebirds. i'd like that.

It's a priority, my friend. I'm slowing down real fast and need to speed up my intentions. wink

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
What grouse hunting does to a person? It makes him drive 1800 miles to get a llewellin pup. Bruce you were wrong----I'm not a poor poor man----I'm a rich rich man. Annie is a pistol. Bob

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
She sure hit the lottery, finding you two. wink

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
If I never hunted grouse, I'd would've never had the pleasure of crawling through alders with a 4.5 lb 28ga walking stick that costs $2,000 dollars !
This will be the last year I take my Ol' hunting buddy Yankee my Brittany out for a walk in the woods.
He's 14 and God blessed me to be able to have hunted with such a fine dog for so long.
Yankee learned a lot from my Pointing Lab ranger until he passed at 16.
I wish my Gordon setter shadow could've learned a few more tricks from Yankee, but Shadow told me he knows everything about bird hunting ! Typical Setter attitude I'm told.
Seeing all of the pics has brought up alot of memories of us chasing tail feathers all over the US.
This October we'll be hunting upstate NY, where it all began 14 years ago.
If asked I could do it all over again differently, I would say No. Typical Grouse Hunter attitude I'm told.

SJC

If Nobody Cares about Winning, Why Do They Keep Score ?
VL
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by battue
Wears out a vehicle early, fills the house full of Dog hair, gives a reason to buy new shotguns, fills the heart full of hope, hard on the knees, roasts you on some days and freezes you on others, makes "Normal" people wonder about you, good for falling asleep quickly, etc, etc, etc.

[Linked Image]

Quote of the season, battue. It says a lot. I'll miss grousing in S/E Idaho this year. Damn. Great picture's guys.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
723 members (02bfishn, 12308300, 11point, 10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 12344mag, 90 invisible), 2,718 guests, and 1,288 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,695
Posts18,399,928
Members73,820
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.