Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
"Woolrich" is Larry Root....

BP-B2

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
I was beginning to wonder the same. If so he is a sick SOB. Sybil. I just spent a couple days around people that are fighting off sickness and some of them dancing with death. Little Kids getting chemo shot into their veins. Car wrecks, etc and it got me thinking about what is going on here. Then you have [bleep] like Root and/or Woolrich. They get their rocks off on this crap. Make me the king and they would be given it all and them some.

The prick can read this. One the other or both makes little difference.You proud of yourself you miserable piece of chit?

Addition: I'm wasting my time, for it is what they feed on. It's all they have and that isn't much.

Last edited by battue; 09/03/17.

laissez les bons temps rouler
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Woolrich broke, but who didn't know that was going to happen.

I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I
Back to the OP's original question, have you checked out SKB?

If I were you, I'd consider keeping the 12 gauge and shooting 7/8 ounce shells in it. Or, if you hand load, consider 3/4 ounce loads.

I'm 72. I use 3/4 and 7/8 for skeet, 1.0 ounce for clays, and either 1.0 or1-1/8 for trap.

Also consider 1145 fps vs. 1200. By the time the shot gets to the target, the velocity difference will only be 30 fps or so.

You could also consider a semi. They recoil less. However, some of them won't cycle the lighter 12 gauge loads.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Read the whole thread. Recoil is not the issue and a semi is out of the question. If nothing else strikes your curiosity and attention, at minimum pay some thought to this one particular post.

Originally Posted by FOsteology

Last edited by battue; 09/04/17.

IC B2

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
I'm late to this party. I'm bumping eighty, on blood thinners (pacemaker), no serious shoulder disorders, but on a dove outing last weekend, my Beretta 687 SP4 12 ga beat my shoulder up pretty badly, shooting AA 1 1/8 heavy target loads. The second day I switched to my old Pigeon Gd Superposed shooting 1 oz field loads, and as this discussion reflects, there was not much difference in recoil.

The last two years, I had opened dove season with my Winchester 42 in .410 bore. It is a heck of a lot of fun, but it is a 25 yard max gun, and I had not limited out. This year some of our regular gang were absent due to a dumb young man getting married on the east coast over the week-end. His dad obviously did not raise him right to allow his bride to interfere with hunting. LOL....I thought the extra firepower might help as we couldn't keep the birds strrred up as much as usual.

Additional information. The Beretta came with two factory pads. I had never removed the quick detachable thin pad that the gun was shipped with. The pad ripped down one side during the shoot. I will replace it with the pre fitted pad that came with the gun, but I'm not sure how much relief that will give me. Up until the pacemaker, my standard hunting load for quail was pigeon loads (3 1/4/ 1 1/4) and I never noticed recoil. High brass for pheasant, same no ill effect. ,

My first reaction was to turn the Bretta into a Benelli Legacy 28, but after switching to the light weight twenty and reading this thread, at least the serious part, I'm not sure that a five pound 28 will accomplish anything. One thing for certain, the PG Browning will not be cut for a pad.

Based upon what I read here, I'm going to get a couple of boxes of 1 oz AA 8s and a couple of boxes of the 26 gram loads (if I can find them) for the Beretta, replace the pad and give it another go next week-end. I do not like the strap on Past shooting pad. If I can find a shirt or a vest that contains the Past, I will get one. Worst case, I could get my loader out of storage. I don't really shoot enough to mess with reloading anymore.

I can't physically chase the blue (scaled) quail and pheasant any more. I do have a Kawasaki mule, so I can hunt Bob Whites plantation style off of it. That leaves dove and waterfowl and I really need a Twelve, but I do have four others but but I'm not sure any of the others will handle steel shot. They are all kind of "vintage", with softer steel barrels. I do have 28 ga Legacies available to try out. Daughter said I could use hers anytime.

Ramblings of an old fart,

Jack

"Do not blame Caesar, blame the people...who have...rejoiced in their loss of freedom....Blame the people who hail him when he speaks of the 'new, wonderful, good, society'...to mean ,..living fatly at the expense of the industrious." Cicero
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Sure about it being recoil this time? grin

http://www.rstshells.com/store/m/2-12-Gauge.aspx

12 Gauge-3/4ounce at 1100FPS. That is a 28Ga load in a 12Ga. 2 or 2.5inch, but makes no difference in an O/U or SxS. Good shell, expensive but about as easy kicking 12 as you will find. They make low recoil loads in all gauges and will ship to your house.

Winchester at one time made this one: 26Grams of shot at 980FPS. Called the Feather and felt like a .410 for recoil. Hard to find, but there are still some out there. WW distributor may be your best chance. Good for up close opportunities.

http://www.winchester.com/Products/...ced/AA-Shotshell/Pages/default.aspx?c=12

It would be top of the page product No. AA12FL8

http://www.ballisticproducts.com/Fi...Low-Recoil-box_25/productinfo/3651278OZ/

http://www.ballisticproducts.com/Fiocchi-20ga-20Lite-2-3_4-3_4-oz-box_25/productinfo/36520LITE/

http://baschieri-pellagriusa.com/en/catalogo/cartucce+da+tiro/b_and_p+competition+one/1/index.aspx

Their Comp 1 (7/8oz) 12 is a light kicker.

Last edited by battue; 09/05/17.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by FOsteology

I totally agree.

It�s a magazine not a clip......

Advice is seldom welcome, and those who need it the most, like it the least.�
- Lord Chesterfield. 1750
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
battue, thanks for jogging my memory. I had seen the RST offerings a while back, but had forgotten about them. They are expensive, but I am no longer a high volume user. A flat of 12 ga will last a year or more. The Beretta is a beautiful gun and I enjoy using it.

I saw the Winchester load, but have not yet located them. Winchester does offer target 1oz loads at three different speeds. I was unaware of that. ,

To answer your first question, yes it is recoil. My shoulder looks as if I was beat with a baseball bat. I'm going back tomorrow. I will grab a few boxes of the slowest 1 oz load that I can find this evening. ,

Thanks,

Jack

"Do not blame Caesar, blame the people...who have...rejoiced in their loss of freedom....Blame the people who hail him when he speaks of the 'new, wonderful, good, society'...to mean ,..living fatly at the expense of the industrious." Cicero
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Just picked up a supply of shotgun shells and asked if they had the Winchester 900FPS load. They said not presently but they can get them. So if you are interested this is the place and they will ship by the flat.

http://www.cacassociatesinc.com/page9.html

This is just a small sample of the amount of shotgun shells they stock. .22lr numbers are crazy and then there is rifle and components.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Last edited by battue; 09/21/17.

IC B3

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Thanks. We have a small stocking dealer here that will get me anything that is available from multiple distributors.

Jack

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I known where you shop now Battue. They used to be my main dealer,
untill their guns op customers forced them to raise retail prices. Still do
good if you buy through a club. Walking around the warehouse is like being a
kId in a candy store

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Yes, when you look at what they have it is impressive. Even when not ordering thru a club you can save a good bit. Adds up if you shoot more than a little. In addition, good people. Need the inside scoop on who makes what, where it's made, which different brands are equivalent, who is using good shoot, etc, they know.

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
691 members (160user, 12344mag, 12308300, 17CalFan, 16Racing, 1234, 64 invisible), 2,691 guests, and 1,255 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,621
Posts18,398,558
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.