Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
There existed an opportunity to actually explain some things here, but ad hominem attacks are indicative of blind faith and not knowledge. It helps to comprehend any sources, as well. Again, regardless of terminology, science and evidence show effect outside of projectile alone. What it's called, what it is, and what it means is the issue to many.

http://www.rathcoombe.net/sci-tech/ballistics/methods.html

Last edited by hh4whiskey; 09/02/17.
BP-B2

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
To bring it out in the light......

I reviewed a synapses of fackners, Faulkner, whatever his name.

He based his calculations on a kidney stone shocking machine.....

He disputed small light high velocity pistols in the human.......

It made the deal change back to heavy slow pistol rounds for human defense.....

A far cry from 2000 foot pounds in a 180 grain .308 caliber colliding " imperfectly " into an 700 pound elk.

Please correct me if I am wrong.......thanks.

"Shoot low sheriff, I think he's riding a shetland!" B. Wills

Campfire Outfitter
Online Shocked
Campfire Outfitter
dla has been a fuc-khead for years on here. Just pretend he doesnt exists or put him on ignore. Even easier

Last edited by gunchamp; 10/21/17.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I find it fascinating how higher education will cause a certain amount of the population to paint themselves into a corner and find no way out! Reminds of an Alfred Hitchcock skit where there is a skeleton in the closet.

It seems they lose their ability to admit flaws in reasoning, or open up to observations made by others. The lose their Oooops ability and any humility. Instead they lash out to discredit any dissenting or opposing opinion. Perhaps Narcissism is at play. Who knows?

What are U gonna do?

Just smile, and hopefully some day it will become THEIR idea.......and it will be all good.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
Here is one for you.

I shot my first deer with a 45-70 yesterday. I was in the ground still hunting and the deer was coming straight for me. I knelt and shot him just as he popped into the clear. So, was at the exact same level as his chest at about 40 yards. At the shot he ran about 150 yards and I saw him pitch over and flop around. When I got to him he was still alive and kicking pretty hard and it took him another 30 to 45 seconds to die.

So I was shooting that Hornady 325 Gmx round for the 45-70. The bullet penetrated him stem to stern through the body cavity the entire way. It never touched any meat. The deer's heart was literally in three pieces when I took it out. Some of his lungs were jellied and of course, the stomach was a mess.

The weirdest thing though was that his stomach contents came out the front. It was like shaking a coke bottle and having all the contents come out the hole. The contents of its stomach came up to the front hole and were all over between the skin and the body in the front of that deer. Under the leg and on the ribs there were stomach contents everywhere. And it was in the meat, even though the shot had passed through the chest cavity and never touched the meat. The flank outside the ribs was heavily bloodshot and covered in stomach content even though the ribs themselves were between that meat and the bullet.

Like I said it was like shaking up a coke bottle. Except maybe you shake up a bottle and then slap a plastic bag over the top of it and watch the mess.

Last edited by JoeBob; 10/29/17.
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Thanks for sharing. A person needs to get photos of the necropsy findings of these events. It seem academia strives to out think common sense.

Been there done that!

D
dla Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by JoeBob
Here is one for you.

I shot my first deer with a 45-70 yesterday. I was in the ground still hunting and the deer was coming straight for me. I knelt and shot him just as he popped into the clear. So, was at the exact same level as his chest at about 40 yards. At the shot he ran about 150 yards and I saw him pitch over and flop around. When I got to him he was still alive and kicking pretty hard and it took him another 30 to 45 seconds to die.

So I was shooting that Hornady 325 Gmx round for the 45-70. The bullet penetrated him stem to stern through the body cavity the entire way. It never touched any meat. The deer's heart was literally in three pieces when I took it out. Some of his lungs were jellied and of course, the stomach was a mess.

The weirdest thing though was that his stomach contents came out the front. It was like shaking a coke bottle and having all the contents come out the hole. The contents of its stomach came up to the front hole and were all over between the skin and the body in the front of that deer. Under the leg and on the ribs there were stomach contents everywhere. And it was in the meat, even though the shot had passed through the chest cavity and never touched the meat. The flank outside the ribs was heavily bloodshot and covered in stomach content even though the ribs themselves were between that meat and the bullet.

Like I said it was like shaking up a coke bottle. Except maybe you shake up a bottle and then slap a plastic bag over the top of it and watch the mess.

So I'm curious, what do you think happened?

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by dla
Originally Posted by JoeBob
Here is one for you.

So I was shooting that Hornady 325 Gmx round for the 45-70. The bullet penetrated him stem to stern through the body cavity the entire way. It never touched any meat. The deer's heart was literally in three pieces when I took it out. Some of his lungs were jellied and of course, the stomach was a mess. We

So I'm curious, what do you think happened?

I don’t know. I’ve shot more than a hundred deer with everything from a .22 LR to a 9.3x62 and that was some unique damage.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
715 members (12308300, 160user, 11point, 10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 12344mag, 90 invisible), 2,715 guests, and 1,283 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,695
Posts18,399,890
Members73,820
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.