W
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Glad you got it up and running.

Is it holding gear lube now?

Finally got it out in the field so I could add oil. It is easier than cleaning it up off the garage floor if it still leaked. I put about 5hrs on it yesterday cutting some pretty wooly stuff. The seal seems to be holding. The underneath was dry and I had no puddles on my floor this morning. Funny story, I always take my small air tank and a blow gun to clean the radiator each hour. Normally that is kept in the back of the truck. I decided to drive the tractor so I just through my stuff in the bucket. Fast fwd after an hour of mowing I hear this god awful commotion like my gearbox came apart. I got everything shutdown, turned around and saw my airtank hanging out of the front end of the bush hog. It cut my air tank and wadded it up like a pice of bubblegum. The blades didn't looked like the they had touched anything but grass. Sometimes you just have to laugh at yourself.

GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by WeimsnKs
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Glad you got it up and running.

Is it holding gear lube now?

Finally got it out in the field so I could add oil. It is easier than cleaning it up off the garage floor if it still leaked. I put about 5hrs on it yesterday cutting some pretty wooly stuff. The seal seems to be holding. The underneath was dry and I had no puddles on my floor this morning. Funny story, I always take my small air tank and a blow gun to clean the radiator each hour. Normally that is kept in the back of the truck. I decided to drive the tractor so I just through my stuff in the bucket. Fast fwd after an hour of mowing I hear this god awful commotion like my gearbox came apart. I got everything shutdown, turned around and saw my airtank hanging out of the front end of the bush hog. It cut my air tank and wadded it up like a pice of bubblegum. The blades didn't looked like the they had touched anything but grass. Sometimes you just have to laugh at yourself.

I hear ya about the blowing out. I have to do that every couple hours with my Mahindra. I just pull up to my truck and use my gasoline compressor.

I sure did hit an old steel/porcelain bathtub that was in very tall grass one day while shredding with my big trcator and 15' batwing. Never saw it. I raised the deck asap, but it was already rolled up like a burrito by the shredder... laugh

No damage, thank God.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
When I have need to secure a nut to the end of a shaft and don't want to depend on a lock washer, I will take a center punch and make three or four punch marks where the nut and shaft come together. It can still be taken apart and you don't have to heat up the shaft or the nut.

Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
I use a 3/16 welding rod instead of a cotter pin to keep the castle nut on. Rod is hard, won't break.

W
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by hanco
I use a 3/16 welding rod instead of a cotter pin to keep the castle nut on. Rod is hard, won't break.

No castellated nut and cotter pin on this one. Just a big lock washer, nut and 600ft/lbs of torque holds the stump jumper on.

I have about 7 hrs of time on it since the repair. I am very happy with the performance so far.

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Glad it's working out. Sounds like you got a heckuva deal!

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

673 members (007FJ, 1beaver_shooter, 160user, 1936M71, 01Foreman400, 163dm, 72 invisible), 3,156 guests, and 1,236 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,585
Posts18,454,262
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.