-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
I was going through some old recipes from one of my past restaurants. Found this one, and though y'all might like it. I remember it as being very well received.
Chocolate Caramel Pecan
Cheesecake
Prepare the caramel and chocolate first

One 14 oz bag Kraft Caramels. Peel, and place the candies in a double boiler. When they begin to melt, add in 1/3 cup heavy cream. Stir over low heat until melted. Reduce heat to low simmer until needed.

One 8 ounce bar of Hershey or other brand semi sweet chocolate. Melt in a double boiler over low heat. Reduce heat to low simmer until needed.

8 ounces of Pecans. Pulse a few times in the Cuisanart.

Crust:
Two cups crushed Oreo Cookies.
I take two of three rows in a package, shave off the filling, and crush the cookies in the
Cuisanart.
¾ stick butter, give or take, melted
Add the melted butter to the crumbs, and mix until well incorporated. Line the Spring form pan with the crumbs, and refrigerate until firm.

Filling:
Three 8 ounce packs of cream cheese softened.
Half cup sugar
Three Tablespoons sifted flour
Teaspoon Vanilla
Two beaten large eggs
About ¼ of the melted Semi Sweet Chocolate. Reserve the rest of the Chocolate for the Ganache Topping

Put sugar into mixer bowl, add the soft cream cheese. Whip until well mixed and smooth.
Add the vanilla, flour. Then add the eggs slowly, and mix well,
Add the Chocolate, and finish mixing.

Method:
Pour ¾ of the melted caramel into the Oreo Crust. Spread evenly. Reserve the rest of the Caramel
Top with half the Pecans
Add the cheesecake batter, and spread evenly

Bake in a preheated oven at 400° for 10 min, and then reduce heat to 350° for 30 min.

Remove from oven, set on a cooling rack for 30 min.

When the top has cooled, and a knife inserted comes out clean, make the Ganache:
Mix 1/3 cup heavy cream into the remaining Chocolate. Whip until well incorporated and glossy

Pour the Ganache over the Cheesecake, spreading evenly.
Top with the rest of the chopped pecans
Drizzle with the reserved Caramel

Cool to room temp. Refrigerate over night.

This can cut into 12, or 16 servings.

Sam......

GB1

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
I need berries, preferably black, blue, rasp or huck in no particular order, on my cheesecake.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
I'm sure you could slap some on this one Ed. lol

Sam......

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Cheesecake does not need any toppings or fillings to be good cheese cake. Anything stuffed in or layered on it, detracts from it's goodness.

An unemployed Jester, is nobody's Fool.

the only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker, is observation. all the same data is present for both. The rest, is understanding what you're seeing.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
jpb Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I've made a number of Mannlicher's recipes, and there hasn't been a dud among them! Good stuff, Sam!

I've read this cheesecake recipe over, and I've decided that I simply can't make it.

It sounds so good that I would be tempted to eat WAY more than I should! sick laugh

John

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by kellory
Cheesecake does not need any toppings or fillings to be good cheese cake. Anything stuffed in or layered on it, detracts from it's goodness.

Kellory, you just keep on making your cheesecake as you feel best. I made and sold enough of these and others to make a darn good income. smile

Sam......

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Sounds great, Sam!

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
Originally Posted by kellory

Kellory, you just keep on making your cheesecake as you feel best. I made and sold enough of these and others to make a darn good income. smile

+1

An unemployed Jester, is nobody's Fool.

the only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker, is observation. all the same data is present for both. The rest, is understanding what you're seeing.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Cheesecake does not need any toppings or fillings to be good cheese cake.

Absolutely,
but just like good vanilla ice cream,
some caramel, chocolate, and a few
nuts, create a whole new delight.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

137 members (257wthbylover, 300_savage, 5sdad, 2ndwind, aaronward9, 21 invisible), 1,762 guests, and 963 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,599
Posts18,454,511
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.