Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by tzone
Originally Posted by Cinch
Oilfield trucks, but not overworked.

Riiiiiight! lol

That's like saying "this logging truck has easy miles on it." grin

Meaning they never pull trailers, they don't have big heavy flat beds on them, and they travel mostly pavement and groomed gravel county roads. They do see quite a few hours of idle time a day. I'm sure that's not great on them. They also get maintained well and on schedule. And a good handful of our guys are retirement age. So they're not really abused as much as you'd think.

Public landowner...
GB1

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
And I'm not bashing Dodge either. I own one myself. I've only ran a Dodge as a personal truck since 2001. I've owned 5 of them since then. I'm only talking about the 2016-2017. The older ones we had decent luck with. It's just these newer ones we haven't.

Public landowner...
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Riiiiiight! lol

Meaning they never pull trailers, they don't have big heavy flat beds on them, and they travel mostly pavement and groomed gravel county roads. They do see quite a few hours of idle time a day. I'm sure that's not great on them. They also get maintained well and on schedule. And a good handful of our guys are retirement age. So they're not really abused as much as you'd think.

That doesn't sound too bad at all. About like I use my farm pickup. Which is a world of difference from how our feed pickups get used and abused.

Big difference between honest use and flat out abuse.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by SamOlson

Riiiiiight! lol

That doesn't sound too bad at all. About like I use my farm pickup. Which is a world of difference from how our feed pickups get used and abused.

Big difference between honest use and flat out abuse.

No sir... I really think the hardest thing we do to them is the idle time.

Public landowner...
N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
I have a '15 Ram 2500 Reg Cab 4x4, 6.4 Hemi, 4.10 LSD w/ 8.5' Fisher Xtreme V-plow. Trucks been great so far. Also have a '07 1500 with the 5.7 Hemi. Still runs great.

GM uses the same axles in their trucks as Ram does. They both use AAM front and rear diffs. GM uses a IFS type front. Ram uses a solid front axle. GM uses 10.5" or 11.5" depending on the truck. Since 2014 Ram uses 11.5" in all 2500/3500 SRW trucks and a 11.8" in their DRW high output diesels trucks. GM may do the same with their DRW diesels, not sure.

NYH1.

Take nothing I say personal, remember....it's just the interweb!

ROLLTIDE

YANKEE'S

new yorkistan SUCKS!

IC B2

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Oh? Do elaborate.
Originally Posted by 45_100
First generation bodies were crap.

Have you tried adjusting the idle/WOT voltage on the TPS? PM me & I will show you how if you haven't done so already.
Originally Posted by Fireball2
The 93 only has 77K miles and one throttle position sensor quit.

Low speed, high drag
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
I'd recommend it unless you are fond of being hit by a large automobile.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
They sure have some good deals on those Dodge 2017's in these parts which leads me to believe that guys are buying something else. Just this morning the local dealer is advertising 30% off MSRP sticker price on trucks and that is the most that I have ever heard of. Some years back I bought a nice used F-150 5.4 from the local Dodge dealer and they told me that I could buy a new Dodge truck for the same money. I still bought the Ford and never regretted it.

My other auto is a .45

The bitterness of poor quality is remembered long after the sweetness of low price has faded from memory
J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by BWalker
If exposed to salt they rot out very fast.

Mine never have.

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Mine neither; and thats with salt exposure.

Low speed, high drag
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by NYH1
I have a '15 Ram 2500 Reg Cab 4x4, 6.4 Hemi, 4.10 LSD w/ 8.5' Fisher Xtreme V-plow. Trucks been great so far. Also have a '07 1500 with the 5.7 Hemi. Still runs great.

GM uses the same axles in their trucks as Ram does. They both use AAM front and rear diffs. GM uses a IFS type front. Ram uses a solid front axle. GM uses 10.5" or 11.5" depending on the truck. Since 2014 Ram uses 11.5" in all 2500/3500 SRW trucks and a 11.8" in their DRW high output diesels trucks. GM may do the same with their DRW diesels, not sure.

NYH1.

Don't know about the front but GM heavy duty SRW pick ups run the GM Corporate full floating 14 bolt axel. They have since the early 70's

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
One of my truck windows I can not control with the master controller
I've run into that on several cars but so far, not on my Ram. Pop the switch out of the door and see if you can scrape the contacts with a knife or something. If not, try spraying it with WD40 to clean em off. Even though they look clean, the contacts will get a little corrosion on them that prevents the current from getting to the window.

While you're at it, if you pull a trailer, spray the WD40 into the light plug, both male and female. It's a trucker's trick that cleans off the contacts to restore trailer light problems.

Since I posted this, I had a power door lock quit working. If your window or lock quits, almost always its a broken wire in the wiring bundle between the door and the frame. You can unplug it from the frame at the end. Then pull the rubber back and start checking the wires. The wires are very small and they break easily with the door opening and shutting.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Manual crank windows for the win.
I’m usually the only feller at my rare drive through occurrence that can lean my shoulder on the glass, crack the ice, force crank the glass down and order up.
It’s amusing to see folks in front open their doors to order as their motors won’t break the ice on the glass edges.

Low speed, high drag
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by Windfall
They sure have some good deals on those Dodge 2017's in these parts which leads me to believe that guys are buying something else. Just this morning the local dealer is advertising 30% off MSRP sticker price on trucks and that is the most that I have ever heard of. Some years back I bought a nice used F-150 5.4 from the local Dodge dealer and they told me that I could buy a new Dodge truck for the same money. I still bought the Ford and never regretted it.
I own both ford with the 5.4 triton motor and ram with 6.4 hemi.My choice is ram 6.4 hemi hands down.My 5.4 triton motor is a money pit..

Last edited by coobie; 12/22/17.
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by coobie
I own both ford with the 5.4 triton motor and ram with 6.4 hemi.My choice is ram 6.4 hemi hands down.My 5.4 triton motor is a money pit..

I just got rid of my power wagon with the 6.4 hemi....what a gas pig, was horrible. Traded it off on a new F150 ecoboost and already enjoy the improvements in gas mileage.

Rob
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by harv3589

I just got rid of my power wagon with the 6.4 hemi....what a gas pig, was horrible. Traded it off on a new F150 ecoboost and already enjoy the improvements in gas mileage.
I did not buy my truck thinking I would get honda civic gas mileage did you?My 5.4 trition in my ford gets 15 mpg,s and my 6.4 hemi gets 15-16 mpgs.I knew going in the mileage would suck,guess what its a truck.Good luck with your twin turbos in the ford echo boost,have you drilled a weep hole yet?

Last edited by coobie; 12/22/17.
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
[quote=coobie][quote=Windfall]They sure have some good deals on those Dodge 2017's in these parts which leads me to believe that guys are buying something else. Just this morning the local dealer is advertising 30% off MSRP sticker price on trucks and that is the most that I have ever heard of. Some years back I bought a nice used F-150 5.4 from the local Dodge dealer and they told me that I could buy a new Dodge truck for the same money. I still bought the Ford and never regretted it.

the milage got to the point that I couldn't go hunting due to the cost of gas...sorry but not worth having it affects things like that. With gas suppose to jump up $0.18/litre here in January with the new tax making next year will be worse. Don't forget you arent paying the prices we are for gas...today its $1.12/litre for regular, not to mention what mid grade which is what the power wagon is suppose to use.

My ecoboost is was getting better than 23 miles to the gallon cruising the hwy the other day....best I ever got in the power wagon was about 17 and that was only on one trip.

Sorry would rather spend my time getting out to hunt than sitting at home due to cost of a truck

Last edited by harv3589; 12/22/17.

Rob
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
[quote=coobie][quote=Windfall]They sure have some good deals on those Dodge 2017's in these parts which leads me to believe that guys are buying something else. Just this morning the local dealer is advertising 30% off MSRP sticker price on trucks and that is the most that I have ever heard of. Some years back I bought a nice used F-150 5.4 from the local Dodge dealer and they told me that I could buy a new Dodge truck for the same money. I still bought the Ford and never regretted it.

the milage got to the point that I couldn't go hunting due to the cost of gas...sorry but not worth having it affects things like that. With gas suppose to jump up $0.18/litre here in January with the new tax making next year will be worse. Don't forget you arent paying the prices we are for gas...today its $1.12/litre for regular, not to mention what mid grade which is what the power wagon is suppose to use.

My ecoboost is was getting better than 23 miles to the gallon cruising the hwy the other day....best I ever got in the power wagon was about 17 and that was only on one trip.

Sorry would rather spend my time getting out to hunt than sitting at home due to cost of a truck
Before I purchase any car/truck I make sure what I can afford it according to my budget.Sorry the ram did not work out for you price wise.I paid cash for my 2016 Ram 2500 with 6.4 hemi so gas costs are not a problem..

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular

Before I purchase any car/truck I make sure what I can afford it according to my budget.Sorry the ram did not work out for you price wise.I paid cash for my 2016 Ram 2500 with 6.4 hemi so gas costs are not a problem..

Im not that lucky I can pay cash for a vehicle unfortunately. This truck better suites my needs anyhow and I will get my hunting time in vs sitting at home looking out the window wish I was

Rob
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C

Im not that lucky I can pay cash for a vehicle unfortunately. This truck better suites my needs anyhow and I will get my hunting time in vs sitting at home looking out the window wish I was
No luck involved here.Got out of bed & busted my ass for 45 plus years and went to work everyday.Not easy but pays dividends in the long haul..

Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

563 members (1eyedmule, 19rabbit52, 10gaugeman, 1minute, 12344mag, 1_deuce, 62 invisible), 2,837 guests, and 1,241 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,707
Posts18,456,861
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.