Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Oldman03
I put Slime in my 4-wheeler tires once-upon-a-time. It worked until the tires just rotted and I had to buy new ones, but it rusted the rims. I wonder if this stuff will rust the rims?

When I bought my Polaris Ranger, I put Slime in all four tires. I cannot tell you how many flat's I've had, and have even had to buy another tire. I have 650 hours on mine, and it's run over some bad places, and I guess that's why I get so many. I just put more Slime in a front and a rear. On the flip side, my Honda Rancher that I bought back in 2001 is still on the original tires, and though it's been run a lot, has rarely ever had a flat. Has to be the quality of the tires.

GB2

Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by JamesJr
I put Slime in my 4-wheeler tires once-upon-a-time. It worked until the tires just rotted and I had to buy new ones, but it rusted the rims. I wonder if this stuff will rust the rims?

When I bought my Polaris Ranger, I put Slime in all four tires. I cannot tell you how many flat's I've had, and have even had to buy another tire. I have 650 hours on mine, and it's run over some bad places, and I guess that's why I get so many. I just put more Slime in a front and a rear. On the flip side, my Honda Rancher that I bought back in 2001 is still on the original tires, and though it's been run a lot, has rarely ever had a flat. Has to be the quality of the tires.

First thing I do is to swap the factory tires on an ATV for 8 ply tires. Then fill 'em with slime. smile

My Honda Rancher had those 8 plys and a friend was riding with me on it one day and I was on another of mine and we had a flat on his. Inner sidewall... I think I put 5 plugs in it, more slime and aired it up. Still riding on it about 7 years later... laugh

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Got the TireJect in the rear tires today. Nearly a gallon per.

One of them had a real slow leak. It would lose about 10 pounds in a month's time. I'll bet it fixed that. wink

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Barry, the stuff has been in the tires for a week+, so how is it doing? Is the problem tire holding up? Any good or bad issues (tire issues only, please grin) you want to share with us?

IOW, we need a report.

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Barry, the stuff has been in the tires for a week+, so how is it doing? Is the problem tire holding up? Any good or bad issues (tire issues only, please grin) you want to share with us?

IOW, we need a report.

I just thought y'all were tired of hearing.... wink

Tractor tires still have the same air and no leaks. I'm impressed.

Beyond that, the front tires on my Bad Boy Z-Turn mower had to have both front tires aired up every time I got on it. I put about 4oz in each one and mowed..

That was over a week ago and they are both still rock hard.

I think I'll get another gallon of TireJect and do my ATV now and UTV as well.

Color me impressed. smile

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
IC B2

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
The Brown Truck of Happiness just dropped off my gallon of it.

My Kubota RTV900, my riding lawn mower, and my pressure washer will all get done tomorrow.

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I was just thinking about this thread... Tuesday morning, I went into the barn and found a flat front tire on the tractor I'd been flail mowing with.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Does it work on tubes or just tubeless?

I answered my own question. From Tireject FAQs:

"TireJect is designed to be used with tubeless tires only. Tubes are made from a very thin rubber and can commonly tear larger holes that are not repairable by any tire sealant. If the tire is natively tubeless we recommend removing the tube and then applying TireJect."

Last edited by kingston; 08/17/17. Reason: Asked and answered

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Barry, thanks for the update.

Guess I better check it out a little better.

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Check out the formulas for different tires. Took less than 3 gallons to do everything I've done so far. It would have been 15 gallons of Slime.

A little of this stuff goes a long ways. wink

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Thanks for keeping this updated. I've only had one issue with the baby Kubota and Slime has been working well in it. I'll go this route next time. Does anyone know the shelf life on this stuff? Wouldn't mind buying a gallon but it could sit for a while before I need it.

Mercy ceases to be a virtue when it enables further injustice. -Brent Weeks

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
I don't think it has a shelf life in the container. But, after you put it in a tire, it has to be refreshed after 2 years. I think you add a small amount to what's already inside a tire to keep it from drying out.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Just an update on the TireJect sealant.

Had this in tractor tires and my Zero Turn mower for over a month now.

No leaks, and no loss of pressure! smile

Happy camper here.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Two weeks in my riding mower and Kubota RTV and not the first sign of losing pressure.

I'm a happy camper. grin

Thanks again for telling us about this stuff!

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
Sounds like good stuff

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
703 members (11point, 10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 160user, 117LBS, 12344mag, 83 invisible), 2,642 guests, and 1,283 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,691
Posts18,399,843
Members73,820
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.