Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
I wear bifocals but lately been having problems with dual beads shotguns and irons. Sighting down the reading portion of the bifocals is problematic. Are progressives any better?

Regards,
Smallfry

GB1

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Maybe. My own experience is that progressive can be helpful in pistol shooting at the range from a fixed head position. Progressive lenses in my experience demand the eye track straight up and down. Any horizontal eye movement leads to a distorted image. For me better but not very good. Your experience may differ. Ask your eye professional.

There are many who offer corrective eye wear that many find better. In shotgun sports Bud Decot was a famous name. My own are currently from Tactical Rx a brand of Sports Optical in Denver. Sportsoptical.com

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Check in to Varilux lenses. I am happy with mine.

Tell your Doc what's important for you. He can adjusted the Rx.

Maybe an extra pair of dedicated glass for your shooting needs.

Gun Shows are almost as comical as boat ramps in the Spring.
B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
The point at which the progressive comes into play can also be adjusted. All depends on the distance at which you have trouble. Was struggling focusing a scope recently until I took my progressives off and put on my WalLy World single vision 19.99 specials.

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by BeardHunter
The point at which the progressive comes into play can also be adjusted. All depends on the distance at which you have trouble. Was struggling focusing a scope recently until I took my progressives off and put on my WalLy World single vision 19.99 specials.

On my work bench I have 1.5 through 3.25 cheaters. Dollar Store. Guess how much they cost?

Add to that an illuminated magnifier light. The one with the arms.

...and a few hand magnifying glasses.

Reloading bench set up the same way.

Those were the days when we never had to use them.

Gun Shows are almost as comical as boat ramps in the Spring.
IC B2

M
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
M
I ended up last year with a large unused amount in my flex spending and would loose it if I didn't use it. I opted for new shooting glasses from Ranger with my distance prescription and three sets of lenses, clear, amber and dark. They made a huge difference in my shotgunning. The target is what should be in focus anyway so it crisped up the target and doesn't have the changes my regular trifocals have. I never could get a got clear picture with them anyway no matter how I positioned my head on the stock. The single vision lenses made shotgunning enjoyable again.

Chronographs, bore scopes and pattern boards have broke a lot of hearts.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
While working, I had vision insurance coverage, including new glasses every two years. Went whole-hog on a fancy pair of titanium frames and progressive lenses. Problem was, the lenses were so small, the various zones were too small to be useful, except the almost uncorrected top. Been wearing good quality "readers" since I'm paying for my own. My distance vision is still good enough to pass the DMV test, but the "readers" have been steadily advancing in power. My new eye doctor doesn't sell glasses, so she's fine with my system.

I buy mild readers for shooting irons, whether on handguns or rifles; just enough correction to make out the front sight.

When I shoot a shotgun, I look at the bird, not the bead.

What fresh Hell is this?

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

698 members (160user, 007FJ, 163bc, 12344mag, 06hunter59, 1234, 63 invisible), 3,084 guests, and 1,362 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,579
Posts18,454,063
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.