Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
JJHACK Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Hi Guys, still working with the olympus TG4 camera. Getting much better with the buttons and manipulation of the camera working with the ikelite submersible diving case.

It's been a bit of learning curve to memorize the location of the dive case buttons when you cannot see the text on the camera that tells you what they are. Also the green box that shows the picture is in auto focus I finally figured out too!

With a dive mask, bubbles, and particulate in the water it's not always perfectly clear to see the screen. I'm often surprised that the pictures look so much better than the animal was in real time! That flash system is so good at bringing the colors back to life when you're so deep. I know that these are not tropical stunning sealife that you get in warm waters. However there are things in the cold northern waters you cannot get in the tropics. Like the wolf eel, giant pacific octopus, and 6 gill sharks to name a few.

Anyway, these photo's are all taken this this rather low cost camera in that ikelite case. Also transfered wireless to my iphone between dives. That feature is Priceless! Click on the link to the pictures. You can also leave comments on photo's of this link.

https://goo.gl/photos/i6hu7wcxEAc5rBQbA

www.huntingadventures.net
Are you living your life, or just paying bills until you die?
When you hit the pearly gates I want to be there just to see the massive pile of dead 5hit at your feet. ( John Peyton)
GB1

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
A whole new world for most people and most will never see it! Nice photo's!

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Very cool

J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
Very nice.

JJHACK Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I dove Lake Chelan this past weekend. We were there to complete a search and rescue dive certification. When that was completed we took a dive down to a sunken car near the monument where the school bus went off the road and a bunch of kids died. Many kids were never found either.

The Driver of the car is also presumed dead but the body was never found according to the locals there. We dove to 135 feet deep to see the car, the bus was in just over 200 feet, but they actually winched the bus out long ago.

As you can see from the photo's it's pretty black dark at 100 plus feet. I took photo's of a guy with his light on and my flash off. It's freaking eerie down there with the history of this location!

The photo's are in the same link as the others. Interesting to dive in the less buoyant fresh water. Also much easier on my gear .... no salt water residue to rinse off!

Last edited by JJHACK; 09/11/17.

www.huntingadventures.net
Are you living your life, or just paying bills until you die?
When you hit the pearly gates I want to be there just to see the massive pile of dead 5hit at your feet. ( John Peyton)
IC B2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

614 members (007FJ, 01Foreman400, 160user, 2500HD, 204guy, 257 roberts, 58 invisible), 2,353 guests, and 1,169 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,638
Posts18,455,306
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.