24hourcampfire.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
One of our great members twisted my arm until I bought his sweet double rifle.

It's a Philipp Reeb clamshell sweetheart in 8X57J with a Voightlander SKOPAR in claw mounts from around 1914 or so.

Steve knew my "hot-button" and pushed it, and I'm walking on clouds now. It is so light and well balanced that any deficit I have in my shoulder is minimized. It handles like a fine 28ga quail/snipe SXS. It came complete with all accessories and original case, a rare find for sure.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Last edited by luv2safari; 09/09/17.

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

BP-B2

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
That is beautiful! I wish I had it . Congrats

Molɔ̀ːn Labé
Grandpa:the road to hell is paved with good intentions.
Dad:son you have 2 choices for supper eat or don't eat.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A Spectacular rifle for sure

Member: Clan of the Turdlike People.

Courage is Fear that has said its Prayers

�If we ever forget that we are one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under.� Ronald Reagan.

IC B2

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
Nice would be an understatement. Its a little different look than I am usd to and I guess that was to hold down the weight. I like it. And the rings are not soldered to some oddball scope. Just in case you needed to replace the scope its an option.

Thank you for posting, I am going to go back and study the images again. Very nice!

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by hillbillybear
A Spectacular rifle for sure

THIS!
I can envision you in a hochsitz, wool hat on with a grouse feather tucked in the hatband, in the failing light of day, listening to the sounds of the feeding wildsow as they move towards you.

I am quite envious of you and that piece of art! grin

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by fourbore
Nice would be an understatement. Its a little different look than I am usd to and I guess that was to hold down the weight. I like it. And the rings are not soldered to some oddball scope. Just in case you needed to replace the scope its an option.

Thank you for posting, I am going to go back and study the images again. Very nice!

I'm having my friendly FFL-machine shop owner make me a second set of claws for this and am mounting a 3X Leupold for my hunting with it. The old Voightlander still works fine, but it's high, and I don't want to damage it somehow, just keep it for fun shoots.

The little gun is extremely agile, and the light Leupold will keep it that way. Besides, it gives more excuses to shoot the gun, working up regulating loads with the scope installed.

This was a big stretch for me to purchase, and Steve gave me a fantastic price on it. It cost me two of my best drillings, but these don't fall out of trees at a guy's feet every day.

And, it was my 70th BD present to myself. I WON'T be taking any money with me, just toys to pass along to a certain young hunter.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by fourbore

Philipp Reeb was House Gunmaker for Crown Prince Frederick Wilhelm III, eldest son of Kaiser Wilhelm II if that will help your research.

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
beautiful!
i am envious
here's to many years of enjoying it in good health

vires,fortitudo,vigilantia
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Fantastic rifle Bruce!

Jeff

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
That's one incredible rifle!

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
Z
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Z
Well, you may never get to go on an European driven hog hunt, but that rifle would be nice to take a few American hogs.

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Wonderful rifle, perhaps the best type of double rifle for American use. Need to start saving my pennies.....

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
That is not just a rifle, it is a work of art.

He who joyfully marches in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would suffice.

- Albert Einstein
P
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
I'm looking forward to seeing this gun kill a whitetail in December. Bring extra ammo I want to shoot it bad!

"He is one of the Legion lost."

"You care for nothing but shooting, dogs, and rat- catching, and you will be a disgrace to yourself and all your family."
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Damn sweet L2S, you gotta bleed that thing ASAP, CONGRATULATIONS!

Trump Won!
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
That's a stunning piece of art. Over 100 years old, and every screw is still mint. Just wow!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
WOW,
Beautiful piece luv2safari............. smile smile

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Very nice. Old World Classic. Thanks for posting.

laissez les bons temps rouler

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
690 members (257 roberts, 10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 06hunter59, 222Sako, 222ND, 75 invisible), 2,777 guests, and 1,334 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,628
Posts18,398,765
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.