Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
G
Gibby Online Content OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
G
For LEO's it is a given. Who here has incorporated a Tactical Strength flashlight in their Conceal Carry preparation? Do you practice at your range using it? I am not talking about a weapon mounted setup, but using one in conjunction with your firearm in various situations. What do you look for in the everyday carry size light?

Gun Shows are almost as comical as boat ramps in the Spring.
GB1

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Surefire e2d defender LED. I like the small size and 500 lumen if needed.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I have Surefire lights on my tactical pistols. Of course I'm not LEO. smile

Sam......

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Small bright "tactical" flashlights are such an under appreciated necessity that it's almost funny.

I can't begin to tell you how often I've used a flashlight in broad daylight.

I never leave home without one

Currently I've been using the pd32 fenix.and it's a great value in my opinion

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Even if you don't want to pay over $200 for a Surefire, there are some very good LED's on the market for much cheaper. They're tough and bright enough to blind an attacker.

β€œIn a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
IC B2

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Whats this idea on "blinding" an attacker?

Could an attacker not keep attacking you with his eyes closed?

Is it okay to shoot a blind person?

Why not just illuminate and shoot him?

I am MAGA.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Petzl headlamps stay pretty handy in my day to day activities.

Dave

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad

It would be harder for him to accurately shoot back if he can't see.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
N

Hey Glen...

Last edited by northern_dave; 09/13/17.

Something clever here.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Thats makes sense. I just wonder if maybe a person should spend less time trying to blind some one and more time making sure he does not start shooting, or shooting back.

I am MAGA.
IC B3

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by northern_dave

Hey Glen...

Hahaha!

I am MAGA.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by gitem_12
Small bright "tactical" flashlights are such an under appreciated necessity that it's almost funny.

not hardly tactical, but I carry a streamlight stylus pro in my shirt pocket most everyday.

Handy to have.

Dave

οΏ½The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.οΏ½ Lou Holtz

N
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Originally Posted by BigDave39355
Originally Posted by gitem_12

not hardly tactical, but I carry a streamlight stylus pro in my shirt pocket most everyday.

Handy to have.

Untuckit shirt pocket? or regular?

Something clever here.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
untuckit welda shirt

butted heads a few years back with a young safety guy. Said welders had to tuck in their shirts like the rest of the hands. Fug that.....

Dave

οΏ½The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.οΏ½ Lou Holtz

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Not for tactical purposes, but I am of the opinion that there is no such thing as a too bright light that focuses. I shoot 3 deer in the evening for every one shoot in the morning, bow or rifle. That means sometimes you have to follow the blood in the dark. I have a number of decent lights. All the good ones have internal contacts that are gold plated to avoid the thump and glow syndrome. Once you get past 200 lumens or so, you are putting out enough light and it becomes a question of how well can it be focused and how long will the battery last.

I hunt under red oaks and buckthorn. The oaks can drop very red leaves making blood harder to see and the buckthorn leaves turn the blood blackish. I use an old style multi-LED headlamp that casts a bluish light which will make blood on those leaves stand out better. The headlamp makes the gutting in the dark easier and faster. Favorite lights are Coast PX1 and Coast P-14. PX1 is tiny and throws 350 lumens. P-14 is mid size and throws 720 lumens. Either will light up a 4-6 foot circle at your feet like daylight. I suppose for purely tactical non-weapon mounted purposes I'd use something that threw a lot more light, 1000 to 3000 lumens. But if I wanted to blind and thus incapacitate someone, I'd use a laser, preferably attached to the barrel of a gun.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
THats one thing I dont like about about the newer lights. I dont need 750 lumens.

make a 250-300 lumen light what will last awhile. Also dont need 5 modes with strobe. Maybe a hi and low.

Dave

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Not LEO, I use sunwayman P25C. With 1000 max lumens from one 18650 Li-ion battery or two CR123As they are great.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Originally Posted by BigDave39355
THats one thing I dont like about about the newer lights. I dont need 750 lumens.

make a 250-300 lumen light what will last awhile. Also dont need 5 modes with strobe. Maybe a hi and low.

Don't get me started on multi function flashlights....

Strobe, laser, rape whistle....

Something clever here.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Gibby
For LEO's it is a given. Who here has incorporated a Tactical Strength flashlight in their Conceal Carry preparation? Do you practice at your range using it? I am not talking about a weapon mounted setup, but using one in conjunction with your firearm in various situations. What do you look for in the everyday carry size light?
I like a weapon mounted light and have a couple. Anybody who doesn't carry a flashlight with them when there is any chance it will get dark, is an idiot.

I've owned and still own Surefires and Streamlights. Simply put, there is no reason to spend the extra money they command. You can get the same technology-usually better, and the same quality from Chinese lights you buy on the internet. Maglight at one time, built a great light. Sadly, they have been surpassed so far in technology that they really aren't competition, though their lights are typically works of art as far as quality. Walmart won't have the best buy you can get or the best light, but if you're in a hurry, they sell stuff that is close. The Bushnell brand is overpriced and underpowered but is good enough if you want one and don't want to wait on UPS or the US Snail. Gunshows will have some better stuff than Walmart but are just as overpriced. For a specific recommendation, Beam Tech makes some good stuff if you're willing to pay up at the gunshow or wait on it from the internet.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
A few years ago, I found a Coast LED light at Walmart. About the size of an old 2 D Maglite, but uses 9 AA batteries, and throws a 1075 Lumen max beam. I use rechargeable batteries in it, and it is an awesome light. It's brighter than most of the old plug-in spotlights that I had years ago. I sold both of the Surefire lights that I had shortly thereafter, as I just no longer had any need for them.

While it's true that all liberals are crazy people, not all crazy people are liberals.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

638 members (007FJ, 12344mag, 01Foreman400, 1936M71, 06hunter59, 10gaugemag, 73 invisible), 2,556 guests, and 1,282 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,689
Posts18,456,507
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.