Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#12266859 09/12/17
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Got my Tract Tekoa 3-12x42 today and did the preliminary mounting on the CZ 527 using the CZ-provided Warne rings.

It is a big scope for the little CZ, but the overall look and feel are good. The extra 8oz over the VX-2 3-9 I originally planned to mount won't be noticed much if at all. The eyepiece is large, which makes fast and fancy bolt work a little tough, but I'm not planning to stop any charges with a Grendel. The complete package has a definite Euro-look to it

Pluses for the scope: Good power range; decent, constant eye relief; good, solid feel to the adjustments; smooth power ring with a small projection that helps when turning; excellent T-Plex reticle with bold posts at 3, 6, and 9 o'clock that come close to the center, which is a fine crosshair; locking side parallax knob. Too soon to comment on the image quality or adjustments.

Minuses: Not a lot of adjustment, 50moa; no covers included; the logo graphics are a bit much for my taste, but at least there are no gold stars, eagles, or lightning bolts.

Overall, I like it a lot. Glad I took the plunge.

What fresh Hell is this?
GB1

Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
BTW, they shipped promptly and packaged it properly, unlike some stuff I've received of late.

What fresh Hell is this?
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Good to hear some feedback. I was eyeballing the sale pretty hard. Where do you think it fits in the mix? At regular price, it is priced above the VX3i. Do you think it is Meopro/Conquest quality?

Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Haven't used either of those. Not any kind of an expert on optics, but the adjustments feel more precise than any I've used, including my SWFA. The range (and time) will tell the tale on that. The thing I am qualified to comment on is the reticle, which looks like the answer to a lot of the complaints from hunters here about visibility and spacing of the posts. The online app is very complete and offers scope-specific information about using the reticle for holdover at various power settings combined with the ballistic settings you plug in. The cartridge choices didn't include my Grendel, but I used the .260 with the bullet info and velocity from the Hornady factory ammo I have.

Assuming it holds up and holds zero, I'll consider it a good buy. A parallax-adjustable VX-3-i would be about the same price, I think; haven't checked.

Find the thread about Mule Deer's Toric review. Aside from the ED glass and power range, I think they're very similar.

Briefly considered pulling the 3.5-10 VX-3i off my .243 Number 1V and putting it on the 527 for the lighter weight and compact size, but that'll have to wait. Too many other projects under way to start scope-hopping. This Tekoa would be an excellent fit on the hefty Ruger. Maybe come Spring.

What fresh Hell is this?
H
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
H
I purchased the Toric Response 4-16 .308 and .223 for AR's and have only had a few range sessions but would say the quality is better than my Leupold VX-3 in optics and especially the turrets! For now the adjustments are true, time will tell.
[Linked Image]

Good Shooting!
IC B2

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
Appreciate you guys taking the time to share you reports! Would love to see more photos in the field and at the range when you can!

Thanks again guys!

Trevor
Tract Optics
www.TractOptics.com

Use discount code: 24HOUR5 for 5% off your order!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
TRACT_Optics,

Don't forget us high magnification weirdos! I want a twister with great glass like a 5-25X50 and no more than twenty ounces. Right now I suffer threw with this twenty-two ounce Bushnell. frown

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
Originally Posted by Ringman
TRACT_Optics,

Don't forget us high magnification weirdos! I want a twister with great glass like a 5-25X50 and no more than twenty ounces. Right now I suffer threw with this twenty-two ounce Bushnell. frown

Soon enough grin

Trevor
Tract Optics
www.TractOptics.com

Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger

Last edited by Pappy348; 09/15/17.

What fresh Hell is this?
Dre Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by TRACT_Optics
Originally Posted by Ringman
TRACT_Optics,

Soon enough grin

just an idea...Im building a 7.62x39 AR. a nice little 1-4 or 1-6 would be nice.

All of them do something better than the 30-06, but none of them do everything as well.
IC B3

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
Originally Posted by Dre

just an idea...Im building a 7.62x39 AR. a nice little 1-4 or 1-6 would be nice.

Possibly also in the not so distant future...

Trevor
Tract Optics
www.TractOptics.com

Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
That range, especially the 1-6, is incredibly useful here in the East, and could pare down the dimensions a bit, while still being robust. The weight of my Tekoa isn't an issue at all, but the size may turn out to be just a bit much. A fixed 6 with the TPlex would suit me even more, but I appreciate the economies resulting from restraint in the extent of the product line.

I posted this pic on another thread, but for those who might have missed it (plus, I finally figgered out how to post from the Image Gallery, so I gotta show off a bit😜):

[Linked Image]

What fresh Hell is this?
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by Pappy348
That range, especially the 1-6, is incredibly useful here in the East, and could pare down the dimensions a bit, while still being robust. The weight of my Tekoa isn't an issue at all, but the size may turn out to be just a bit much. A fixed 6 with the TPlex would suit me even more.....

I'm a fan of 6x. Prefer a fixed 6x but a 1.5-6x42 with a constant eye relief in the Toric line would be nice...assuming it's solid in adjustments, return to 0, recoil proof, etc.

Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
The constant ER is very nice. Especially appreciated for this geezer, is the extended diopter range of the eyepiece. I had no trouble getting it focused at all, with a little to spare. My other scopes are all pretty much wound tight. Glasses are a pain in the fall and winter woods (also Spring and Summer!).

What fresh Hell is this?

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

593 members (1234, 10ring1, 007FJ, 10gaugemag, 160user, 10Glocks, 56 invisible), 2,534 guests, and 1,177 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,501
Posts18,452,509
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.