Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by fishnpbr
Can anyone comment on the CZ 452 Super Match? I haven't noticed this model mentioned here. I'm guessing they are generally good shooters. I'm ready to pull the trigger on one of these. Any thoughts.

I think they are bssically the same gun as the Ultra Lux with the 28" barrel.
The only difference is the barrel markings and the 12 groove rifling.

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I only adjusted the stock trigger. Don't know if the Yo Dave parts are available here in Canada due to restrictions on stuff coming out of the US. Haven't tried real high priced ammo, just used the same various types previously used in my Browning which shot so well.

Jim

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Jim,
Have you tried any Wolf Target kr SK Jagd Standard Plus?
What model of 452 do you have?

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
No. Am not sure if this is available around here. I can't remember ever seeing any of that.

The receiver is marked CZ 2E ZKM

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
What is the mgf date? That would be the two digit number usually at the breech on the left.

IC B2

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by 1OntarioJim
I only adjusted the stock trigger. Don't know if the Yo Dave parts are available here in Canada due to restrictions on stuff coming out of the US. Haven't tried real high priced ammo, just used the same various types previously used in my Browning which shot so well.

Jim

I just googled and can't find an address. You might Email the Yo-dave folks and find out but I was thinking it came from Canada. Seems like the kit cost me $20 and well worth it. Lots of info at www.rimfirecentral.com in the CZ forum. Don't give up on it though .I have a 1416 Annie that will shoot 3/4" to 1" 50 yard 5 shot groups with some HV ammo but one hole just barely larger than a .22 bullet hole with the high priced Eley it likes.

Yep,I just looked again at the Yo-Dave site in the shipping section and they say they air mail every day out of Canada.

Last edited by R_H_Clark; 09/05/17.
D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
Originally Posted by R_H_Clark
Originally Posted by Dick_Wright
After reading all the hoopla about the 452's on the fire I bought one to replace a Browning Gold Medallion .22 rimfire. Was disappointed that the CZ didn't shoot as accurately as the Browning. Even after adjustment the trigger on the CZ can't begin to compare to the Browning trigger. The backward safety didn't bother me as I usually only shoot the .22 from the bench at the range so the safety is never used any way.

Jim

How many kinds of ammo did you try? It makes a huge difference. I've got some that won't group under 1" at 50 yds. Also some that will let me shoot groups at 50 yds. where all the bullets touch. I used a Yo Dave kit and my trigger is much better than you have a right to expect... very crisp and only a few ounces.

X2 on Mr.Wright's post.
Did you only adjust the stock trigger ,or did you use the Yo Dave kit to remove the creep? My 453 will shoot 5 shot groups under .25 at 50 yards with good target ammo.

As stated I used the Yo Dave kit and installed it myself.

FWIW my gun is a 17 HMR. I think .22 LR match ammo is generally more accurate than any available 17 HMR. I really wish that Eley or RWS or Lapua would make 17 HMR. I also wish we could get moly coated bullets for the 17HMR. The jacketed bullets available make cleaning a lot more difficult than good .22's. Cleaning for moly is a snap compared to jacketed bullets and, in my experience, if done right, works better.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by jk16
What is the mgf date? That would be the two digit number usually at the breech on the left.

My 452 doesn't have a two digit number on the left or the right.

Matter of fact the only numbers on it are the serial #......

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Bullschit.
Originally Posted by FieldGrade
Originally Posted by jk16

My 452 doesn't have a two digit number on the left or the right.

Matter of fact the only numbers on it are the serial #......

You need to look on the barrel then.

They used to have a two digit year code on both the barrel and the reciever at breech end on the left side.

I notuced on my 2016 made 452 American the "16" is on the RIght side of the barrel shank along with the proof marks.. Try looking there.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Found it. It says "16" which makes since because I bought it last Dec.
When I looked at it last night I thought it was just another proof mark due to poor lighting and even poorer eye sight.

IC B3

C
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by Talus_in_Arizona
Fantastic rifle. Worth more than they cost!

Ditto.........you will not beat them for the price paid, I have an early production 452 Trainer right now that shoots really well, best one I have ever owned. I have owned over 20 CZ 452's and only had one that wasn't as accurate as it should be.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Sorry for late reply, I've been away. My gun doesn't have any numbers of the type mentioned. I purchased the gun as new about 4 years ago. That is the closest I can come to aging it.

Jim

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Sorry for late reply, I've been away. My gun doesn't have any numbers of the type mentioned. I purchased the gun as new about 4 years ago. That is the closest I can come to aging it.

Jim

Don't matter. Try the Yo-dave for a great trigger and try some quality ammo. If it still won't group well,check scope and mounts. If it is the gun,sell it and try another 452. It's not the platform that's bad.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

570 members (1minute, 1moredeer, 1234, 1OntarioJim, 10ring1, 160user, 64 invisible), 2,121 guests, and 1,195 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,105
Posts18,464,217
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.