Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Ruger77Shooter
IMO...no such thing as "ultimate" rifle round. Too many variables in hunting and personal likes/dislikes in target/competitive shooting for there to be a single cartridge that is the ultimate.

Ditto that.

My daughters love my .257 Roberts and #1 told her hubby that when I'm gone there may be a fight between them to get their hands on it. They were looking at used rifles for donors that could be rebarreled to .257 Roberts. SIL texted me and asked what I thought about the idea and I told him to forget it - get a 6.5 CM instead. Much better selection of factory ammo and component bullets, better brass availability and does everything the Roberts can do and then some.

But... IMHO the "ultimate rifle round" should be a "do most everything" round. The 6.5 CM isn't the one I would choose if that is the criteria. For my needs a 7mm RM or .30-06 would be my choice - and the 7mm RM was for 20+ years.

Last edited by Coyote_Hunter; 02/17/19. Reason: typo corrected

Coyote Hunter - NRA Patriot Life, NRA Whittington Center Life, GOA, DAD - and I VOTE!

No, I'm not a Ruger bigot - just an unabashed fan of their revolvers, M77's and #1's.

A good .30-06 is a 99% solution.
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
'Hunter,

Take a stab at bullets...mainly because it will be funnier than fhuqk.

Hint.................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
Or chamber a medium or long action in .260 and have the best of both worlds.

What goes up must come down, what goes around comes around, there's no free lunch. Trump's comin' back, get over it!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Filaman

Bullet? Speed? Describe the particulars of your blueprint...you know,the Imaginary one you are Pretending about.

Hint...............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
It's all about...$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$!!

Even birds know not to land downwind!
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Sharpsman
It's all about...$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$!!

It's ALL about connecting dots...RPM,COAL and Throat Geometry.

That same has always stumped Clueless Fhuqks,remains a hilarious constant!

Hint................

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Big Stick

Bullet? Speed? Describe the particulars of your blueprint...you know,the Imaginary one you are Pretending about.

Hint...............

Show us something you invented and built, not something you bought, destroyed and threw into a swamp and took a picture of once you wrecked it...

Hint, rolling in the floor laughing...

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by shrapnel

Hint...............

Show us something you invented and built, not something you bought, destroyed and threw into a swamp and took a picture of once you wrecked it...

Hint, rolling in the floor laughing...

shrapnel,

Ain't it a fhuqking hoot,that Stupidity isn't an "act" for you...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

How many times a day,do you think about me? Not on a Special Day,just on the average?

HINT.

Bless your heart.

Laughing!................

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
shrapnel,

Ain't it a hoot,that Stupidity isn't an "act" for me...you "lucky" guy. Hint. Congratulations?!?

How many times a day,do you think about me? Not nearly as much as I think about you. Thanks again for being such a great example, not laughing at you, just laughing at my ridiculous infatuation with dead fish and rusty guns!!

HINT.

Bless your heart.

Laughing! at myself of course ................

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
shrapnel,

Pardon my Inventing Lexicon,Prose,Phraseology and Punctuation...that you are powerless in the refrain to mimic,due your long standing Wanton Man Lust Crush.

Ain't it a fhuqking hoot,that Stupidity isn't an "act" for you...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

How many times a day,do you think about me? Not on a Special Day,just on the average?

HINT.

Bless your heart.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
shrapnel,

HINT.

Bless your heart.

Every time I flush the toilet, I wonder when you’re down there, if your mouth is still open...

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
[Linked Image]

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Maybe John Snow went too the Academy of higher learning with Lee J Hoots. Where the 270 was found unacceptable yet the latest wonder gun is an automatic world beater?

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
yawn....

NRA Benefactor 2008

Jesus said, "I am the way, the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father but through me." John 14-6

There is no right way to do a wrong thing
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I've already beat this horse, to death... It is a wonderful round, but.. It will do nothing that a 6.5X57 won't do other than fit in a short action. I was looking for a new longer range rifle as I gave my daughter the 6.5X57. Spent a ton of time reading and looking at ballistics etc Found a Sako 85 NIB in 270 Winchester for under $900. Had everything for reloading already it was not a hard choice. I don't think I will regret the choice.

Q
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Q
Its not the cartridge...its the people

GOD Bless America
H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Reload? Yeah, but I don’t HAVE to for the cm. I can spend that time loading precision stuff for all those other calibers that don’t have it for $20-30/box on every local store shelf.....like 308s, 243s, 270s, 260s, 6.5xWhatever, 7-08.........or shooting, cheap, accurate cm stuff. My 308s kick more and require more loading attention, to be as accurate and kill no better than the cm.

$, convenience, performance, and recoil? Tall order to pass up the CM, no matter if you think it’s ‘trendy’ or practical.

Last edited by hh4whiskey; 02/23/19.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I think throwing out all our rifles and getting 6.5's should be part of the Green Dream.

Kind of like rebuilding every structure in the USA to be energy efficient, think of the powder that would be saved. wink

Coyote Hunter - NRA Patriot Life, NRA Whittington Center Life, GOA, DAD - and I VOTE!

No, I'm not a Ruger bigot - just an unabashed fan of their revolvers, M77's and #1's.

A good .30-06 is a 99% solution.
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
The 120 year old 6.5x55 at modern pressures pounds the 6.5 Creedmore into the ground like a tent peg. For a hunting rifle the 6.5 Creedmore is an inexplicable choice.

"A person that carries a cat home by the tail will receive information that will always be useful to him." Mark Twain
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
the 6.5 is a cute, little stylish newcomer that although very efficient and excellent for those who love to "ring steel" at long ranges and great for deer, etc, I'd hardly call it an "elk cartridge", much less "ideal".

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

306 members (300_savage, 1_deuce, 260Remguy, 10gaugemag, 2ndwind, 17CalFan, 32 invisible), 2,393 guests, and 1,168 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,599
Posts18,454,463
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.