Page 1 of 2 1 2
V
Vizsla2 Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
V
Hi,
I’m going to replace the Tupperware stock on a Rem 700, sporter barrel.

I don’t have the budget for a McM or Manners, so it looks like either a B&C Medalist (aluminum block) or Grayboe Outlander.
I know the grayboe is heavier than the B&C. I’ve handled the grayboe by way of a Remington AWR rifle, but not the B&C.

Looking for the wisdom and advice from this forum on which direction you guys would go given my budget.

Thanks,
Stuart

GB1

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Stuart, the B&C is a good fit I have one on a 700 LA weatherby style medalist easy to bed the action. They are heavy as well. I also have a MCM Game scout and I will go out on a limb and say there is a reason why they're more expensive.

Good luck and shoot straight

Bob

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Another to look at is the HS precision Stocks

Being lefty, not as many stock choices, I have two with those stocks.

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I have a couple 700 Medalist stocks. They are stiff and well shaped for a good fit. Not the lightest stock, but a good value if superlight isn't needed.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
If a laminate is not out of the question, the Boyd's stocks are a good bang for the buck.

"Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, you'll be a mile from them, and you'll have their shoes."
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
basner sheephunter.

Ed

W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
I have a like new Boyd's laminated "Prairie Hunter" model for a S.A. B.D.L. that I listed yesterday if your interested.
Mike

Mike DeLuca----wyomike
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
If you aren't going to a high-end high-quality stock, then don't bother changing out the tupperware. You will gain nothing.

Bed it properly, give it a spray paint job if desired, and get to shooting.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by DakotaDeer
If you aren't going to a high-end high-quality stock, then don't bother changing out the tupperware. You will gain nothing.

I'd take a B&C over a factory tupperware anyday. While it's not as light as a McMillan Edge, I've never had any issues with one and have functioned as well as any std fill McMillan I've ever owned.

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
B&C are a lot of stock for the money and head and shoulders above a Tupperware. HS, although not as popular, especially here on the Fire are a step up in quality.

Bansner, MPI, and Wildcat Composites are a great value, but will need bedding and finish whether you do it or have it done.

Bob
Enjoy life now -- it has an expiration date.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Vizsla2
Hi,
I’m going to replace the Tupperware stock on a Rem 700, sporter barrel.

I don’t have the budget for a McM or Manners, so it looks like either a B&C Medalist (aluminum block) or Grayboe Outlander.
I know the grayboe is heavier than the B&C. I’ve handled the grayboe by way of a Remington AWR rifle, but not the B&C.

Looking for the wisdom and advice from this forum on which direction you guys would go given my budget.

Thanks,
Stuart

The B&C Medalist is a good stock, but if you compared it side by side with a comparable McMillan, I like the McM Hunter, the difference is pretty obvious.

If you can't afford the McM style that you like, I'd suggest looking for a 700 LSS-MR take-off stock for under $200 as a temporary fix. If you put aside $10 per week for a year, you'll have your McMillan in time for hunting season in 2018.

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
What does a BC offer that a newer cross-hatched tupperware does not?

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

I like the ergs of the B&C Medalist better than the factory injection molded stocks. The only 2 Remington factory installed stocks that I particularly like are the 700 TI and 700 LSS-MR.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter

Less plastic, more rigidity.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I have new Grayboe Outlander in black for a 700 Long BDL on which I will make you a very good deal.

"What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives every thing its value. Heaven knows how to put a proper price upon its goods; and it would be strange indeed if so celestial an article as freedom should not be highly rated." Thomas Paine
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Save your pennies, sell some stuff, or both for a McMillan. You won't regret it.

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by SuperCub

That's just it. I've not found that to be true at all. The BCs that I've had are just as flexy as the newer Remington stocks.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 16bore
Save your pennies, sell some stuff, or both for a McMillan. You won't regret it.

This. Buy once, cry once.

"What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives every thing its value. Heaven knows how to put a proper price upon its goods; and it would be strange indeed if so celestial an article as freedom should not be highly rated." Thomas Paine
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by SuperCub

That's just it. I've not found that to be true at all. The BCs that I've had are just as flexy as the newer Remington stocks.

I agree, B&C has not impressed me positively...

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by RickBin
I have new Grayboe Outlander in black for a 700 Long BDL on which I will make you a very good deal.

Just bedded one of these on a 700 LA 300WM. It was straight and true, and very easy to bed. Rifle shoots better than it did before.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

410 members (1Longbow, 17CalFan, 260madman, 1lesfox, 2500HD, 160user, 39 invisible), 1,864 guests, and 1,021 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,064
Posts18,463,390
Members73,923
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.