Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
hatari Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
BP-B2

K
K22 Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
K
Not personally, but I know some who have. Excellent bullet. I believe it can be turned around and loaded as a solid also.
I'm getting ready to load some of the Cutting Edge Safari Solids

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The lightish .357 pistol bullets are my project after this hunting season. I use them in a single shot rifle and the tech I spoke with said that the some of the black tips from larger rifle calibers would fit. I lightweight, tipped mono might be a fun addition to the little rifle my boys use.

M
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
M
I've only tried the 210-grain CE Raptor in my 9.3x62. It shot pretty well at 2850 fps, but so far I haven't hunted with it, though my wife and I have taken some game with other Raptors. They work very well.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
Y
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Y
that bullet in 255 grains like the woodleigh solid Hydro 286 grains didnt feed very well in my rifle.

IC B2

hatari Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Mule Deer
I've only tried the 210-grain CE Raptor in my 9.3x62. It shot pretty well at 2850 fps, but so far I haven't hunted with it, though my wife and I have taken some game with other Raptors. They work very well.

What powder did it like?

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
M
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
M
Reloder 15

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
hatari Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Mule Deer
Reloder 15

Good one for me as well.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by yukonphil
that bullet in 255 grains like the woodleigh solid Hydro 286 grains didnt feed very well in my rifle.

Its not the bullets fault if they don't feed properly....its the manufacture or builder of the rifle...if a gunsmith tells you that you should use a different bullet that will feed move down the road and find one that will get bullets to feed properly....a action should feed a cylinder shaped bullet if properly tuned...

I have a Winchester 70 in 9.3 B&M with 20" barrel and 200gr. Flat Base Raptor I get 2908 FPS....I like the 200 gr.FB better than the 210 gr Raptor it shoots little better out past 200 yards and flatter....

Just missed there Fall Sale 20% off and Free shipping.....next sale will be Black Friday 30% off and free shipping....

From 22 centerfires to my 50 B&M all I use is Cutting Edge Bullets for hunting....there's no bullet made that will compare to them....

Y
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Y
Originally Posted by coyotewacker

Its not the bullets fault if they don't feed properly....its the manufacture or builder of the rifle...if a gunsmith tells you that you should use a different bullet that will feed move down the road and find one that will get bullets to feed properly....a action should feed a cylinder shaped bullet if properly tuned...

I have a Winchester 70 in 9.3 B&M with 20" barrel and 200gr. Flat Base Raptor I get 2908 FPS....I like the 200 gr.FB better than the 210 gr Raptor it shoots little better out past 200 yards and flatter....

Just missed there Fall Sale 20% off and Free shipping.....next sale will be Black Friday 30% off and free shipping....

From 22 centerfires to my 50 B&M all I use is Cutting Edge Bullets for hunting....there's no bullet made that will compare to them....

you may be right but then why woodleigh is bringing now them with a plastic tip .....

they do not have (wood leigh and and cutting edge) the same shape as regular bullets ...

so far for the 9.3x62 i do not need those bullets for my hunting, it was just test ...

Last edited by yukonphil; 09/14/17.
IC B3

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Why bother when the 250 gr X, let alone TSX, will deliver? At least that is my experience.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by coyotewacker

you may be right but then why woodleigh is bringing now them with a plastic tip .....

they do not have (wood leigh and and cutting edge) the same shape as regular bullets ...

so far for the 9.3x62 i do not need those bullets for my hunting, it was just test ...

Plastic tip bullets are the norm now....they help a little in BC and are less prone to damage in a magazine under recoil....there's very few bullets manufactures that don't have them in there line up....

CEB solids were developed in the shape they are in from a lot of testing in ballistic media in a lab before even one was put threw the hide of a animal....they will go deeper in a straight line and do more trauma that any other bullet....

I'am a firm believer in CEB solids for a second shot on big game especially if in heavy cover....more than likely your going to be shooting at a animals south end going north....you need a bullet that will penetrate deep to reach vitals...all expanding bullets will open or will be deflected on the smallest twig not go very deep if making it to the animal at all....

Dre Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Not to hi jack.
But what about these. I never heard of these.
http://www.brenneke-ammunition.de/en/rifle-ammunition/tug/

All of them do something better than the 30-06, but none of them do everything as well.
hatari Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
They are very good bullets. RWS components and hard to find.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
365 members (007FJ, 06hunter59, 01Foreman400, 10Glocks, 160user, 12344mag, 35 invisible), 2,280 guests, and 954 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,731
Posts18,400,884
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.