24hourcampfire.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 13
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Did anyone hear the shotgun cranking off any rounds. I didn't and think it was a sympathy victim version by the rader guy. Don't believe the knife to the throat part either. I watched it a few times. Stupid stuff. I wouldn't have stopped the truck either for that matter. I would have hung the bird at the turn off and enjoyed my ride on the bike.

Originally Posted By: slumlord

people that text all day get on my nerves

just knowing that people are out there with that ability,....just makes me wanna punch myself in the balls
BP-B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Blackheart

I had a similar incident happen to me about 25 years ago. A pissed off group of bikers followed me closely out of town. I led them to a dirt road out of town thinking the dirt and dust might discourage them from followin. When it didn't I swung my truck sideways across the road, stepped out of the truck with a mini-14 which had been wedged between the split bench seat beside me, popped in a 20 round mag and laid it across the hood pointed at the bikers. Thankfully they immediately and quickly turned around and left. I'd not have wanted to explain killing a bunch of bikers to the law but kill them I would have if needed.

Are you sure they weren't driving Shelby Cobras?

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by 007FJ
Did anyone hear the shotgun cranking off any rounds. I didn't and think it was a sympathy victim version by the rader guy. Don't believe the knife to the throat part either. I watched it a few times. Stupid stuff. I wouldn't have stopped the truck either for that matter. I would have hung the bird at the turn off and enjoyed my ride on the bike.

No, didn't hear or see it.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by kingston
They're lucky that guy didn't have a 38 Super on the seat next to him.

Why?....was he Mexican?

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Looks to me like those guys in the trucks lived in that area,....probably all their lives. Maybe their parents and grandparents did too.

Then one day some boys on motorcycles wandered by and started to give them some chit on the land that has been home to them for a long, long time.

,...good way to get killed.

The bike riders were dicks, pure & simple & got a little more than they bargained for...........and I'm a bike rider.

Fu^ck with the Good Ole Boyz on their home turf & you're likely to get an azz whippin'.

MM

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I don't know what anyone else saw but I saw a punk ass snowflake that apparently got the beating he was asking for and a fat ass redneck that brought a shotgun and a knife to a fist fight with a bunch of young punks.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by FieldGrade
I don't know what anyone else saw but I saw a punk ass snowflake that got the beating he was asking for and a fat ass redneck that brought a shotgun and a knife to a fist fight with a bunch of young punks.

Pretty much.

W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
This happened exactly as it should have. Funny when bikers act like jerks and then become indignant when confronted.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I'm going to start wearing a helmet when driving my pickup.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I don't know what anyone else saw but I saw a punk ass snowflake that apparently got the beating he was asking for and a fat ass redneck that brought a shotgun and a knife to a fist fight with a bunch of young punks.

Pretty much.

Yea....I'm not sticking up for either side because none of us know what started this caper but I wouldn't have felt the least bit sorry for the idiot that started waving the shotgun around if someone would have shot him.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'm going to start wearing a helmet when driving my pickup.

Better late than never! smile

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I don't know what anyone else saw but I saw a punk ass snowflake that got the beating he was asking for and a fat ass redneck that brought a shotgun and a knife to a fist fight with a bunch of young punks.

Pretty much.

Yea....I'm not sticking up for either side because none of us know what started this caper but I wouldn't have felt the least bit sorry for the idiot that started waving the shotgun around if someone would have shot him.

That move screamed stupid.

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
As Uncle Grady would say, 'great googly moogly' crazy

Trump Won!
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I'm betting the kid with the fanny pack was also riding a mini-bike.

Or he could be the one with a concealed carry permit. Leaned over on a sportbike don't leave many carry options.

IME motorcyclists (I ain't gonna call 'em bikers) are also the sort of guy most likely to run out and start legally packing as soon as they turn 21. There is some commonality between the two mindsets.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
K
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
They're lucky that guy didn't have a 38 Super on the seat next to him.

Why?....was he Mexican?

Roflmao! My .38 Super, affectionaltely named "Pancho", is generally within hands reach while in my Pee cup!

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Blackheart

I had a similar incident happen to me about 25 years ago. A pissed off group of bikers followed me closely out of town. I led them to a dirt road out of town thinking the dirt and dust might discourage them from followin. When it didn't I swung my truck sideways across the road, stepped out of the truck with a mini-14 which had been wedged between the split bench seat beside me, popped in a 20 round mag and laid it across the hood pointed at the bikers. Thankfully they immediately and quickly turned around and left. I'd not have wanted to explain killing a bunch of bikers to the law but kill them I would have if needed.

Pretty much exactly the sort of thing I would expect to happen if one is dumb enough to try and force a confrontation with a country boy in a pickup, especially if he's outnumbered. Ya did good, glad no-one got shot.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I never heard or saw the shotgun being fired. I think that lie may help the guy with the knife.
A good lawyer is going to point that out and say the line about the knife is also a lie.
May create enough reasonable doubt for no conviction.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by MontanaMan

The bike riders were dicks, pure & simple & got a little more than they bargained for...........and I'm a bike rider.

Fu^ck with the Good Ole Boyz on their home turf & you're likely to get an azz whippin'.

MM

I would bet money Truck Guy did something egregious to piss 'em off first, them motorcyclists seemed righteously indignant. But, if ya ride a motorcycle and get PO'd every time someone cuts you off or forces you out of your lane, you're gonna spend a lot of time PO'd.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T

[/quote]
I had a similar incident happen to me about 25 years ago. A pissed off group of bikers followed me closely out of town. I led them to a dirt road out of town thinking the dirt and dust might discourage them from followin. When it didn't I swung my truck sideways across the road, stepped out of the truck with a mini-14 which had been wedged between the split bench seat beside me, popped in a 20 round mag and laid it across the hood pointed at the bikers. Thankfully they immediately and quickly turned around and left. I'd not have wanted to explain killing a bunch of bikers to the law but kill them I would have if needed.[/quote]

Yep.

As had been mentioned on this thread a couple of times, it sometimes comes down to the matter of “rules.” Clearly, both the bikers and the rednecks could have played it smarter. But they did not. The bikers were playing by “today’s polite and lawful society rules.” They are claiming to be the wronged and injured group and showed this by their feeble attempt at taking the videos of the incident and showing no attempt to engage once things got out of hand. Expecting that their show of numerical support, rudeness and lack of overt aggression would somehow find the law tilted in their favor if something took a turn for the worse. Well, for the bikers, it did take a turn for the worse. The guys in the pickup trucks were playing with different rules. Redneck rules if you will.

I have only had to play by “my rules” a few times in my life. In every case when I played by my rules the other party was both surprised and outraged that I was not playing by their rules or the rules established in the organization we were parties to. The outcomes were in my favor as I was willing to escalate well beyond the level of escalation the other party was expecting or willing to employ. Yes, there is risk associated with this sudden change of rules and sometimes the law will bite you in the butt. Gotta be careful.

I was asked some advice by a young man one time about how he could handle a certain guy harassing his wife. I told him to be smart and that if necessary, I would bail him out of jail and pay for his lawyer. The issue was decided at the next meeting and that was that. The other guy was expecting a war of words with an audience of his own choosing. It was not what he got.

If one wants to get involved in some sort of mixup, one must understand that the other guy may be following a different rule book. The whole idea of bringing a knife to what turns out to be an unexpected gun fight.

The tax collector said: “Lord Jesus, have mercy on me, a sinner.” Jesus said he went home “justified.”

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
Originally Posted by MontanaMan

MM

I would bet money Truck Guy did something egregious to piss 'em off first, them motorcyclists seemed righteously indignant. But, if ya ride a motorcycle and get PO'd every time someone cuts you off or forces you out of your lane, you're gonna spend a lot of time PO'd.

I mentioned earlier in the post

It was nice where the video started and this new generation video's everything. Why did they not video the guy running them off the road?

Cus it doesn't exist. Little punks will Lie Lie and Lie.

And yes I drive a bike have been for over 40 years when someone cuts you off ya try and get away from them as fast as possible but the safety of the pack mentality had the kid start stupid stuff and he felt his stupid for several days I bet.

Page 4 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 13

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
144 members (257 mag, 300jimmy, 10Glocks, 01Foreman400, 10gaugeman, 257robertsimp, 10 invisible), 1,444 guests, and 778 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,589
Posts18,397,897
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.