-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 12 13
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Fat redneck in the blue shirt that pulled the knife and screamed, "I'll cut your F'ing throat" while advancing on the biker crowd should count his lucky stars one of those young guys wasn't packing a CCW and didn't poke several 9mm holes through that blue tee shirt. Same might be said for the shotgun guy when he exits the truck with his gauge. It looked like a fist fight until the hardware gets displayed. There's so much stupid on both sides it's hard to sort out who is actually the most right and wrong.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
The guy quoted in the article is a 21 yo Mechanical Engineering student. Knowing the type I'd be surprised if he's ever been arrested. Can't say I the same for fat belly guy, who flashes his tattoo as evidence he was the "real deal". Coincidentally or not Mechanical Engineering motorcycle guy reports that his 60 yo assailant informs him he is the real deal too, ie a Hell's Angel.

As for the camera not catching the original incident, GoPro batteries run out, so they likely had it off when just droning along as their account suggests, being as they say Truck Guy was actually passing the column of nine motorcycles before merging back into them (a typical move, had people very nearly run me off the asphalt three times myself; once by a Mexican on the loop in Houston, once by an old guy in an RV in the Hill County, and once by a guy so old he prob'ly never even saw me.) At the start of the video one motorcyclist is seen motioning to the video guy to turn on his camera.

My guess is the actual "bikers" here were the the pickup truck crew, hence the nature of their actions.

Two actors already in custody, more charges pending. All the motorcycle guys got was a few bruises and a valuable lesson about stupity. So far they are coming out way ahead of the truck guys,

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Cliff note summation of the event.

Young men on motorcycles follow couple in pick up truck in order to vent. Lead motorcyclist agrees with truck driver to pull over.

Get's ass whupped.

The end.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Should be the end completely too, as the guy with the shotgun only kept the fight fair.
If he had not been there several guys would have been on the guy from the pickup.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by 700LH
Should be the end completely too, as the guy with the shotgun only kept the fight fair.
If he had not been there several guys would have been on the guy from the pickup.

That's how I saw it, too.

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
'Nother possible explanation....

Motorcycle guys, being privileged college kids, have never been arrested, ain't used to fighting, can't imagine this will end in a fight, are so clueless it does not enter into their heads that crazy pickup guy, who just tried to run 'em off the road, might actually have a firearm and be willing to use it. hence their naive stupidity in chasing the truck.

Furthermore this version goes everyone involved is telling the truth: Mechanical Engineering student really was threatened with a knife to the neck by 60 yo truck guy. 60 yo truck guy was also telling the truth; he really is a Hell's Angel. Fat belly guy was telling the truth too; he really is/was the "real deal", as evidence he has a gang-related tattoo he can display, a well-known gang recognizable even to the college kids.

Truck crowd are already known to be bad actors by the Pawnee County Sheriff's Dept. Oklahoma City PD, on having the video brought to their attention, go to the time and trouble to contact the students to advise them to contact the adjacent Pawnee County Sheriff's Department to press charges.

Pawnee County Sheriff's Department is overjoyed to have these known bad actors violating the law on camera. Two suspects are apprehended right away, further charges pending while the equally delighted DA figures out what additional charges might possibly stick.

Birdwatcher

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
'Nother possible explanation....

Motorcycle guys, being privileged college kids, have never been arrested, ain't used to fighting, can't imagine this will end in a fight, are so clueless it does not enter into their heads that crazy pickup guy, who just tried to run 'em off the road, might actually have a firearm and be willing to use it. hence their naive stupidity in chasing the truck.

Furthermore this version goes everyone involved is telling the truth: Mechanical Engineering student really was threatened with a knife to the neck by 60 yo truck guy. 60 yo truck guy was also telling the truth; he really is a Hell's Angel. Fat belly guy was telling the truth too; he really is/was the "real deal", as evidence he has a gang-related tattoo he can display, a well-known gang recognizable even to the college kids.

Truck crowd are already known to be bad actors by the Pawnee County Sheriff's Dept. Oklahoma City PD, on having the video brought to their attention, go to the time and trouble to contact the students to advise them to contact the adjacent Pawnee County Sheriff's Department to press charges.

Pawnee County Sheriff's Department is overjoyed to have these known bad actors violating the law on camera. Two suspects are apprehended right away, further charges pending while the equally delighted DA figures out what additional charges might possibly stick.

Birdwatcher

And yet another possible explanation.

If the motorcycle riders had gone straight instead of following the truck when it turned off the main road onto the little country road that led home,....none of this would have ever happened.

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
wanna bet on alcoholic beverages? I both ride a mc and drive a pickup. I have had squids come us so fast in my blind spot I can't react, and have been cut off on the bike. My usual take on college kids is "smartasses". Rednecks would be closer to someone I can relate to, if not completely.

I never saw a knife or heard a shotgun either. As for the beaten kid, the point was well made before it stopped. I notice the first help to see how injured he was was an overall wearing farmer.

On the side, I would wonder about penetrating the "plate" on that one guy. his momentum would be enough to overcome a skinny old man like myself.

I would bet the Pawnee sherriff knows his constituency, both the locals and the college partiers.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Bristoe
And yet another possible explanation.

If the motorcycle riders had gone straight instead of following the truck when it turned off the main road onto the little country road that led home,....none of this would have ever happened.

Exactly as I have advised like three times here already. Thanks fer not calling them "bikers".

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by kennyd
wanna bet on alcoholic beverages?

I don't think so. The reason I feel that way is I was a Grad student in college carving corners and hitting triple digits in fast company for a number of years. That and alcohol don't go together at all, it ain't just dumb, it screws with your concentration and hence the enjoyment. If anything pull-alongside-point-your-finger-and-get-whupped college guy was prob'ly hyped on caffiene more'n anything.

I figure truck guy was just PO'd, and used to brawling.

IC B3

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Yeah those motorcycle guys looked like a bunch of pansies that haven't been laid and are all hopped up on RockStar energy drinks. They'll go back to their apartment change into skinny jeans and go relive their big encounter at a local cafe while sipping a nonfat latte and a gluten free cookie.

The good old boys will likely throw something they illegally killed on the grill, chug a bottle of JD and snort a few lines and forget about this minor annoyance.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
V
Vek Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
V
You need to read the article more closely: there's a big difference in curriculum rigor between a Mechanical Engineering Technology degree and a Mechanical Engineering degree. That distinction can generally be applied to students of same...

The shotgun and the tattooed fatty are what kept this a fair 1:1 fight, with predictable results. The "bikers" in this case had no intentions other than gang-beating down the truck driver. There is no other reason for confronting him as they did. They are extremely lucky.

From what we saw of how the bikers rode as a group, if their average group speed was less than the speed limit, they should not be surprised if someone passes them and merges into their midst. Not that passing them is the right thing to do, but play stupid games and you reap the reward. I generally pre-judge grouped crotch rocketeers as I do grouped spandex bicyclists: not favorably.

Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
The guy quoted in the article is a 21 yo Mechanical Engineering student. Knowing the type I'd be surprised if he's ever been arrested. Can't say I the same for fat belly guy, who flashes his tattoo as evidence he was the "real deal". Coincidentally or not Mechanical Engineering motorcycle guy reports that his 60 yo assailant informs him he is the real deal too, ie a Hell's Angel.

As for the camera not catching the original incident, GoPro batteries run out, so they likely had it off when just droning along as their account suggests, being as they say Truck Guy was actually passing the column of nine motorcycles before merging back into them (a typical move, had people very nearly run me off the asphalt three times myself; once by a Mexican on the loop in Houston, once by an old guy in an RV in the Hill County, and once by a guy so old he prob'ly never even saw me.) At the start of the video one motorcyclist is seen motioning to the video guy to turn on his camera.

My guess is the actual "bikers" here were the the pickup truck crew, hence the nature of their actions.

Two actors already in custody, more charges pending. All the motorcycle guys got was a few bruises and a valuable lesson about stupity. So far they are coming out way ahead of the truck guys,

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
Originally Posted by Vek
You need to read the article more closely: there's a big difference in curriculum rigor between a Mechanical Engineering Technology degree and a Mechanical Engineering degree. That distinction can generally be applied to students of same...

The shotgun and the tattooed fatty are what kept this a fair 1:1 fight, with predictable results. The "bikers" in this case had no intentions other than gang-beating down the truck driver. There is no other reason for confronting him as they did. They are extremely lucky.

From what we saw of how the bikers rode as a group, if their average group speed was less than the speed limit, they should not be surprised if someone passes them and merges into their midst. Not that passing them is the right thing to do, but play stupid games and you reap the reward. I generally pre-judge grouped crotch rocketeers as I do grouped spandex bicyclists: not favorably.

I agree. They went from aggressors to sorority girls pretty quick. Nothing worse then the pack mentality. Then get the cops involved when things go sideways....punks!

NYH1.

Take nothing I say personal, remember....it's just the interweb!

ROLLTIDE

YANKEE'S

new yorkistan SUCKS!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The pot-bellied, knife-wielding buffoon who stars in the latest road rage video to sweep the Internet is a convicted felon who served prison time for assaulting a police officer and who has been the subject of more than a dozen protective order applications accusing him of stalking and domestic violence, records show.

Paul Wiseley, 60, and his cohorts faced off Sunday afternoon against a group of motorcycle-riding Oklahoma State University students on a rural road in Pawnee County (which is outside Tulsa).

As seen in the below video, as a pal batters a prone student, Wiseley emerges from his Ford F-150 and begins issuing threats. Wearing a cutoff denim shirt, blue basketball shorts, and flip flops, Wiseley demands that an overalls-clad associate hand over the shotgun he was carrying. “I’ll blow your [bleep] face off,” Wiseley screams.

As he advances on one of the students, Wiseley lifts his shirt to reveal a large tattoo across his sprawling belly. Pointing to the ink, he yells, “I’m the real deal, bitch!” He is later heard warning, “I’ll kill you” and “I’ll cut your [bleep] throat.” At one point in the video, Wiseley is seen holding a small knife in his right hand.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Imagine if the scenario were kept the same, only the players were changed.

Instead of rednecks on a dirt road, it was inner-city filth that confronted some dickhead jap bike riders. I wonder would it get the media play? I for one think the kids got what they deserved based on what I saw. But like any video posted here with an incomplete backstory it's impossible to say with any certainty WTF happened and who's in the right.

MAGA
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Just a whole lot of dumbassery there. A whole lot. It's good some idiots will go to jail over that. I suspect there were other lifelong lessons learned there too. FWIW there's a strong chance that that motorcyclist or bicyclist you bully from the comfort of your pick-up is videoing the event.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Fair enough.

The "bikers" in this case had no intentions other than gang-beating down the truck driver. There is no other reason for confronting him as they did.

There's an news article out there where the "bikers" were actually on a pack of scooters plus a couple of motorcycles riding some miles to a motorcycle race, taking back roads and pegged flat out at 45mph. Truck guy #1 was passing the long group climbing a blind hill and was obliged to merge back into them.

I seriously doubt the scooter guys were planning a "gang-beating", unless some of them have an prior arrest record for the same. Clearly, they were all in a tizzy about something.

I think, coming from the world they live in, they were planning to give the guy a stern verbal dressing-down and go about their way.

They are extremely lucky.

Agreed. Consider the breathtaking degree of stupidity involved in chasing down most any good ol' country boy in his pickup with a pack of scooters, especially a guy driving with his wife and kids. Off the scale stupid.

We know that Fat Belly guy was a several times convicted felon, I dunno about the other participants, but that could explain the paucity of firearms involved (several truck guys, only one firearm?).

If they really were Hell's Angels in their civvies, perhaps they were all gathered in one place doing whatever Hell's Angels do and then they got the call. That could explain their rapid roadblock setup.

Whatever the truth, Fat Belly guy and the other truck guys were also stupid for not realizing that most EVERYTHING you do now, especially when confronting Millenials, is gonna be recorded, multiple times over.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Just a whole lot of dumbassery there. A whole lot. It's good some idiots will go to jail over that. I suspect there were other lifelong lessons learned there too. FWIW there's a strong chance that that motorcyclist or bicyclist you bully from the comfort of your pick-up is videoing the event.

This post made me laugh so hard. Maybe keep the bikes to bike trails and obey traffic laws with the motorized ones and there won't be any "bullying".

FWIW the ending of Easy Rider is one of the best scenes in cinematographic history.

MAGA
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
I have a hard time finding any sympathy for the ass-kickee on the motorcycle.

I can walk on water.......................but I do stagger a bit on alcohol.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by horse1
I have a hard time finding any sympathy for the ass-kickee on the motorcycle.

He rode right in there, stood his ground, and got beat down, but not bad, considering.

Didn't read of him whining about it neither.

His future could be bright.

Page 5 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 12 13

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

80 members (10gaugemag, 7mm_Loco, 35, 10Glocks, 14idaho, 6mmbrfan, 7 invisible), 1,574 guests, and 743 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,599
Posts18,454,563
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.