-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 13 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 12 13
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Hope someone here is local to that and keeps up with the story. I'd be interested to hear the legal outcome.

Islam is a terrorist organization.

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Premeditated on both sides. Bikers set up their video shoot meanwhile farmers assembled the local neighbors.

A guy hauling furniture with his family in the truck ... I don't expect that guy to be driving or acting too aggressive. The initial outrage of his wife makes me think lead biker was saying stuff that was pretty far out of line. I'm guessing that if his family had not been involved he would have been less reactive.

Shotgun guy is a cool customer. Does not emerge from his truck until biker group advances on the fight. Then when he does he wastes no time firing 2 rounds into the air. Will not allow blue shirt felon to take control of the weapon. Renders aid to the biker.

Blue shirt felon believes his belly tattoo is significant. I wonder what it signifies? Prison gang? Favorite NASCAR car number?

Crotch rockets traveling along with what looks like a mini bike? Odd company. I could see how it would be a difficult group to pass safely.

My experience with millennials is they are very willing to face someone, express their feelings about it, discuss right and wrong, record it on a device or phone. Farmers and rednecks I've noticed are a lot less talk and more action.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Shotgun guy is a cool customer. Does not emerge from his truck until biker group advances on the fight. Then when he does he wastes no time firing 2 rounds into the air. Will not allow blue shirt felon to take control of the weapon. Renders aid to the biker.

Ya, renders aid like he's had EMT training at some point, but then towards the end of the video he appears to abruptly attack another of the moped/motorcycle group, apparently over the possession of a GoPro camera.

Blue shirt felon believes his belly tattoo is significant. I wonder what it signifies? Prison gang? Favorite NASCAR car number?

Hell's Angels. Presumably said tattoo is to be taken seriously, as having one under false pretenses would certainly result in unfortunate consequences (skinning comes to mind). Truck guy number one in the video after the beat-down approaches the group and identifies himself as "I'm a biker too." Dunno the context.

The actions of the truck guys in the video ain't inconsistent with how I would guess Hell's Angels woulda done it. Truck Guy #1 does appear to attempt to inflict significant injury on motorcyclist even after he was down and it was obvious how one-sided the fight was. I believe the full face helmet saved motorcyclist from broken facial bones. The fact that Truck Guy #1 was wearing casual footwear likely saved downed motorcylist from broken ribs.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Deerwhacker444

Interesting. Good info. Shotgun guy came out with the shotgun due to the overwhelming numbers of bikers, having heard that they were chasing his brother, sister in law, and nieces, on the road, and behaving threateningly.

[Linked Image from images7.memedroid.com]
IC B2

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Just a whole lot of dumbassery there. A whole lot. It's good some idiots will go to jail over that. I suspect there were other lifelong lessons learned there too. FWIW there's a strong chance that that motorcyclist or bicyclist you bully from the comfort of your pick-up is videoing the event.

This post made me laugh so hard. Maybe keep the bikes to bike trails and obey traffic laws with the motorized ones and there won't be any "bullying".

FWIW the ending of Easy Rider is one of the best scenes in cinematographic history.

Best post on this thread BGG. Hopper and Fonda waxing heroic while portraying smack dealers as cool looked good only when being blasted.

People in the theater were weeping while I laughed my ass off. Same schidt, different day.

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by steve4102
Originally Posted by MOGC
Fat redneck in the blue shirt that pulled the knife and screamed, "I'll cut your F'ing throat" while advancing on the biker crowd should count his lucky stars one of those young guys wasn't packing a CCW and didn't poke several 9mm holes through that blue tee shirt. Same might be said for the shotgun guy when he exits the truck with his gauge. It looked like a fist fight until the hardware gets displayed. There's so much stupid on both sides it's hard to sort out who is actually the most right and wrong.

He may be lucky he didn't get shot, but those college boys are lucky they didn't shoot.

You cannot claim justifiable deadly force if you are part of the agreesion before it went deadly.

These boys were the "agreesors" , when things got ugly and weapons and death threats emerged, the use of deadly force would not have justified, they would have been arested and convicted.

You cannot pick a fight, then claim self defense.

I'm not taking a side really because there is too much stupidity displayed all around to have a clear cut good vs. bad. However, what you're saying would be a cold damn satisfaction to fat blue tee shirt guy as he lay pumping his life's blood all over the pavement. When it was a verbal argument that went to a fist fight, no big deal. Rushing someone with a knife and yelling "I'll cut your F'ing throat" escalated things to another level. My guess is they'd stand a fair chance of winning in court. If anybody really wins in such a scenario...

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
Originally Posted by kingston
I'm betting the kid with the fanny pack was also riding a mini-bike.

Or he could be the one with a concealed carry permit. Leaned over on a sportbike don't leave many carry options.

IME motorcyclists (I ain't gonna call 'em bikers) are also the sort of guy most likely to run out and start legally packing as soon as they turn 21. There is some commonality between the two mindsets.

That's no excuse for wearing a fanny pack.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
I'm betting the kid with the fanny pack was also riding a mini-bike.

Or he could be the one with a concealed carry permit. Leaned over on a sportbike don't leave many carry options.

IME motorcyclists (I ain't gonna call 'em bikers) are also the sort of guy most likely to run out and start legally packing as soon as they turn 21. There is some commonality between the two mindsets.

That's no excuse for wearing a fanny pack.

Well where else are you gonna keep your Skoal Bandits.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Here's what happened. The college kids were on a group ride going to some nearby motorcycle races. Their group was moving slowly because several of the bikes barely top out at the speed limit. The pick-up driver got impatient and passed them unsafely. He was probably in a hurry to get home and get out of the truck with that hideous hag. Dipshidt college kids follow him with the intent of telling him off. The truck driver wasn't afraid. If he was he could have run off and left most of them behind. Instead he wants to lead them into the trap he is setting. He calls his brother and the posse is rounded up. So the truck driver and the brother said they were afraid, but somehow never thought to call 911. It wouldn't have done any good as response would have been slow, but it would have shown that they were trying to do the right thing. Brother discharging the gun was damn dumb. Belly guy was very lucky he didn't get ventilated. The motorcyclists I have ridden with often carried handguns. Ultimately a lot of good will come out of this. Criminals will be charged. Dumb kids will learn a valuable lesson.

IC B3

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Here's what happened. The college kids were on a group ride going to some nearby motorcycle races. Their group was moving slowly because several of the bikes barely top out at the speed limit. The pick-up driver got impatient and passed them unsafely. He was probably in a hurry to get home and get out of the truck with that hideous hag. Dipshidt college kids follow him with the intent of telling him off. The truck driver wasn't afraid. If he was he could have run off and left most of them behind. Instead he wants to lead them into the trap he is setting. He calls his brother and the posse is rounded up. So the truck driver and the brother said they were afraid, but somehow never thought to call 911. It wouldn't have done any good as response would have been slow, but it would have shown that they were trying to do the right thing. Brother discharging the gun was damn dumb. Belly guy was very lucky he didn't get ventilated. The motorcyclists I have ridden with often carried handguns. Ultimately a lot of good will come out of this. Criminals will be charged. Dumb kids will learn a valuable lesson.

Cool story. Have anything to back up your narrative?

Do the "motorcyclists" you ride with that pack heat confront families in road worthy vehicles?

MAGA
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Who was it that said "A man has to know his limitations?"

http://www.statesman.com/news/break...ad-rage-incident/YpKHBUX8wAztmJiCuuamKL/

A buddy of mine was working "clean-up" on this. Seems it still looks like road rage. The guy who died followed a car into the parking lot and then for some reason, intentionally hit it with his car. Apparently, after the cars hit, there was little and perhaps no talk. Driver #2 just got out, walked back, bang bang and then returned to his car and drove off. The cops seem to know who he is.

Be careful out there.

The tax collector said: “Lord Jesus, have mercy on me, a sinner.” Jesus said he went home “justified.”

J
JDK Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
My takeaway

Never wear skinny jeans and a fanny pack to a redneck fight.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
[quote=PaulBarnard]Cool story. Have anything to back up your narrative?

I got the fact that I didn't own a car until age 40, the previous 12 years and 250,000 miles were all on motorcycles, my only transportation during that period, most of my riding being at high speed in rural Texas. I have spend much time around every demographic involved in that video. I see it the same way Paul B. does.

Do the "motorcyclists" you ride with that pack heat confront families in road worthy vehicles?

No need to put "motorcyclists" in quotes Bub. What we are getting is this was a convoy of 9 or 12 college guys, on their way to a motorcycle race. At least half the group is on these little all-terrain moped deals, on which this lengthy expedition musta seemed funny at the time.

Speaking in generalities, "biker" conveys a different mindset: Extreme conformity of image. Louder, slower motorcycles. Alcohol rather than caffeine, and a much higher degree of interpersonal violence, implied and/or expressed.

If I'm in a pickup with my wife and kids and I'm in a long-running road rage incident with 9 to 12 individuals, first thing I do is call the Sheriff. I do this because if this thing progresses to deadly force, I need this whole situation documented. Likewise me and/or my wife are recording the whole deal on our phones.

Instead this guy calls his buddies, they have enough time to assemble and set up a roadblock while truck guy cruises along slow enough for at least 20 minutes slow enough that the mopeds can keep up.

Once at the roadblock truck guy parks his truck, with his wife and kids in it, right in the middle of the event, not the action of a man afraid for his children. He gets out of his truck, is not worried about the other 8 to 11 moped guys, his buddies have them covered. Instead he concentrates on loudmouth, immediately initiates a beat- down, specifically tries to hit loudmouth in the face to break bones even after he's down, closes with a stomp on the chest and a vicious kick to the ribs on the prostrate and I resisting Loudmouth.

Loudmouth, fortunately for both parties, escapes serious injury due to full face helmet and the fact that truck guy is wearing loafers rather than boots.

Extreme stupidity on the part of college guys for continuing this at all, let alone allowing themselves to be drawn into a trap.

Extreme stupidity on the part of bikers (as at least two out of the three principal actors self-identified as being) for assuming none of the college guys were armed ( just dumb luck this thing didn't devolve into shots fired), and for failing to anticipate the whole thing would end up on YouTube.

JMHO

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
J
JDK Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
The sad part about this whole thing, in my mind, is the video. There was a time when if you deserved a beating, you got a beating. When done, the girls on the bikes would have gone home and licked their wounds and shotgun Willy and the boys would have had a beer and told stories around the fire pit. Exactly the way it should be.

Now you have annoying screaming women on videos and charges.

Last edited by JDK; 09/20/17.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Extreme stupidity on the part of bikers (as at least two out of the three principal actors self-identified as being) for assuming none of the college guys were armed

Why do you assume that none of them were armed?

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
G
g5m Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Deerwhacker444

“What you don't see in [the] video is all the motorcycles behind them.” He said.

He said about 12 bikers followed his brother for close to 14 miles.

“They kept going around his pickup pulling in front of him, slamming on the brakes.” He said.

According to him, the Pawnee County Sheriff's office has a copy of video from a different angle that proves his brother tried to get away from the bikers, but they wouldn't let up.

He said they were harassing his brother, yelling for him to pull over.

That's when his brother called him. He was close by so he headed that way."

Not a surprise.

Retired cat herder.

N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
Sometimes people get killed in road rage incidents, this happened on Monday in Omaha.

Road Rage in Omaha - Semi vs Pickup Driver

Omaha police on Tuesday released photos of an extended cab pickup truck they say was involved in a homicide Monday afternoon at 60th and L Streets.

James E. Womack, 32, who was driving a semitrailer truck, was shot to death, police said. The shooting occurred about 4:30 p.m.

He said a man got out of the semi and walked up to a beige pickup to pound on the windows. The man yelled, "What's your problem?"

"(He) said his piece and started walking back to his truck, and as soon as he turned around, from what I could tell, he got shot in the back three times," Kellerman said. "He just kind of collapsed and rolled over. I was just scared for him."

"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence". John Adams

"A dishonest man can always be trusted to be dishonest". Captain Jack Sparrow
O
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
O

Cool story. Have anything to back up your narrative?

Well, it appears that the shotgun wielding fellow and the one who worked over the cyclist are being charged. One is in jail. This story isn't over and it's quite likely to end poorly for the pickup gang.

There are 2 rules to success:

1. Never tell everything that you know.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
In a fair world everyone involved should get to walk, no harm no foul.

Heck, give 'em all on both sides community service on some local's farm that could use the labor.

Anyways, one reason truck guy never called the Law coulda been he don't like them, and they don't like him. If they did find something to charge him with seems like there has to be a history.

Page 7 of 13 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 12 13

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

613 members (17CalFan, 10gaugeman, 12344mag, 10ring1, 1337Fungi, 16penny, 53 invisible), 2,645 guests, and 1,111 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,312
Posts18,468,225
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.