Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
General has worn the best for me so far and is good in snow. My only complaint with them is road noise on dry pavement is louder.

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Cooper Discovere AT/w Snowflake rated all terrain, my buddy is a tire dealer, he's got 60k on his set and they got another 4-5K left on them, this is on a 2011 2500 chevy that has at least 1,000lbs of tires in the back of it most days.

I kill chit. "The Heathens nest"
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by ironbender
Originally Posted by akjeff

Living elsewhere, would likely depress me! I primarily just drive my truck in the winter. Summers, I am riding one of my motorcycles. Not unusual to only put 1000-2000 miles on my truck between May-Sept. Sometimes less.

Jeff

Clearly you're not hauling horses in the summer!

That's when my Ford gets it's most mileage!

Nope. My only horses, are iron horses! smile

Jeff

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Sitka deer

Living elsewhere, would likely depress me! I primarily just drive my truck in the winter. Summers, I am riding one of my motorcycles. Not unusual to only put 1000-2000 miles on my truck between May-Sept. Sometimes less.

Jeff

Jeff has been on some of those memes you see... he is the one with his horse draped across his shoulders...

That has some potential for seriously disturbing images! smile

Jeff

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Jeff

Jeff has been on some of those memes you see... he is the one with his horse draped across his shoulders...

That has some potential for seriously disturbing images! smile

Jeff

Only if your horse is drunk and saying NO!

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by rost495
Coopers are the only brand thats come apart on me. But they paid for body damage and all...

The michelin LTX is the best set I've had so far on my F350. DOn't drive in snow, yet, but can comment that they are a long lived tire with good tread so far.

I'm sure thinking that once we get here, 2 sets of tires might be the safest and cheapest in the long run. But since we are completely stupid to snow and mostly ice, i reserve the right to change my mind.

I'll say as I sign out... I've never been unhappy with any of the michelin offerings over our life and my parents life, though pricey.

Because you will be in the interior you will see less ice and less nasty ice than coastal Anchorage.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by rost495
Coopers are the only brand thats come apart on me. But they paid for body damage and all...

The michelin LTX is the best set I've had so far on my F350. DOn't drive in snow, yet, but can comment that they are a long lived tire with good tread so far.

I'm sure thinking that once we get here, 2 sets of tires might be the safest and cheapest in the long run. But since we are completely stupid to snow and mostly ice, i reserve the right to change my mind.

I'll say as I sign out... I've never been unhappy with any of the michelin offerings over our life and my parents life, though pricey.

Because you will be in the interior you will see less ice and less nasty ice than coastal Anchorage.

And fewer Anchorage drivers too! wink (Which isn't too say that drivers will be vastly better, but they will be vastly better than certain of the dregs that have washed up down thataway.)

Sometimes, the air you 'let in'matters less than the air you 'let out'.
E
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
Originally Posted by Blackheart
General Grabber AT2's are pretty good in the snow. Thay are studdable and carry the snowflake winter rating from the manufacturer. Only AT tire I could find that was winter rated. I got back and forth to work with them all winter last year and we had lots of snow. All in all I'd have to say they are better "winter tires" than the Firestone Winterforce they replaced but not as good as some of the other winter tires I've run in the past. Not all winter/snow tires are created equal.

Originally Posted by Dogslife57

General has worn the best for me so far and is good in snow. My only complaint with them is road noise on dry pavement is louder.

General A/T2's are the best A/T tires I've ever run to date. One tough tire too. Recently trashed one wheel in a rocky side ditch. Front rim was more than just bent. If it hadn't torn out about a half inch of the tire bead I could have still used it. Rear rim was tweaked out of round but the tire is fine. As far as road noise IMHO I think their very quiet. A lot more quite than our new Geolander A/T G015's which are an above average tire for performance.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
There are always exceptions on either end of the curve, but for me I don't care about brand. It's all about tread--do you have enough for that particular piece of drama?

IMHO, expensive high mileage ATs are too hard,...unless all the truck time is roadie and the plow trucks not being out yet is the day's biggest hurdle...:)

When a guy's truck miraculously churns of being impossibly dug in, the tire brand gets the credit. (that, and posi rears...)) For my money, it ain't the brand, but how much tread you got...and a fresh set is a different animal than a set with a winter on it.

Defend the Constitution
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
I don't at all understand, well not much of it anyway, the issue of rough when having tires on a truck. I run 80 psi in our F350. Its not smooth. But its a truck and it does its work.

If I wanted smooth I'd have to get in moms old floater Lincoln Town Car.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
IC B3

Dre Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
What about sipping your AT tires? I did that with my Toyos AT.
BUT, I will not run those again. they wear out too fast on my 3/4 ton.

All of them do something better than the 30-06, but none of them do everything as well.
B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by tomk
IMHO, expensive high mileage ATs are too hard,...unless all the truck time is roadie and the plow trucks not being out yet is the day's biggest hurdle...:)
The plow trucks not being out yet is my biggest hurdle constantly. I leave for work at 4:30 AM every day in the winter and frequently have to drive through 4-6" of snow with drifts two to three times as deep on the roads. My commute is 35 miles, much of it on hilly, winding, country back roads and if I can make it every day with the Grabbers then most anybody aught to be ok with them.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

579 members (10gaugemag, 163bc, 10Glocks, 160user, 1234, 68 invisible), 2,471 guests, and 1,347 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,233
Posts18,466,653
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.