My dog is a member of the "Turd Like Clan"

Covert Trail Cameras are JUNK

3 Time Dinkathon Champion #DinkGOAT

GB2

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
I had a Henckel set for a long time. I have been replacing them with Dexter Sani Safe. They have good useful Kitchen Patterns don't cost much and are decent. Lots of people that make a living using a knife use them.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by dvdegeorge
I just bought what I needed from Cutco and am very pleased

[Linked Image]
'Tis what I use as well. Sold the dang things in college and inherited the set my dad bought. Not a complaint on my part.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B

Holding onto anger is like drinking poison and expecting the other the person to die ......

"When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say, "I used everything you gave me."

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I don't need much. Cook cleaver (not a butcher's), fillet knife, and Victorinox paring knife handle everything for me. Add a bread knife, if necessary.

Last edited by 4th_point; 09/27/17.
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
All of my knives are Wusthof Classics and forged Lamson and Goodnows. If American made is important to you Lamson makes great knives with a lifetime warranty and sharpening service.

https://lamsonproducts.com/collections/forged-cutlery

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
we use a few echo serrated knives that are 20 or more years old. they sharpen really easy with only a few passes on the edgemaker pro. we also have a few chicago cutlery 842r knives that come from the local poultry proccessors. thats about all they use.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
we use a few echo serrated knives that are 20 or more years old. they sharpen really easy with only a few passes on the edgemaker pro. we also have a few chicago cutlery 842r knives that come from the local poultry proccessors. thats about all they use. my biggest echo is the best carving knife i've even seen.they stopped making them a year or so after we bought a set. i still look for them at yard sales.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
I use a few from Victorinix and and a few Japanese knives

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
Originally Posted by R_H_Clark
I've had some expensive knives but they are a pain to take care of and don't work any better than a cheap sharp one. I actually like the white handled Dexter Russell knives and I keep them on a magnetic strip. Get the Dexter Russel steel to go with them and you are set. A lot of commercial kitchens actually use these knives. I bought mine from a restaurant supply that is no longer in business. A couple swipes on the steel and they are hair popping sharp and they are easy maintenance in cleaning.

^^^^^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Eagle Lake, Mississippi is close to heaven.

"Everything Hipsters touch turns to chit........Period..
Whisky.....Beer.....Tobacco.....Boots....Clothing....Gear......you name it..
Good thing the fuggers don't like firearms.." Fieldgrade

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I will add my vote for several knives from different makers that suit your needs. I have several from Henckles, Mundial, Forschner, Dexter Russell, Sabatier, Case XX and LamsonSharp.

Also, and as R_H_Clark mentioned, the white-handled Dexter Russell are very good knives for a very reasonable price. The Dexter V-Lo series of knives are also great and have nice, grippy handles. I have a few of each.

However, it sounds like you might want a matched set, if so, I'd recommend going to a Restaurant Supply and picking out several Dexter V-Lo knives that you like and you will have a great set for not much money at all. There are also V-Lo sets available along with a matching stainless steel knife block or knife roll that should be within your budget. You get a lot of bang for the buck with Russell.

Last edited by High_Noon; 10/20/17.

l told my pap and mam I was going to be a mountain man; acted like they was gut-shot. Make your life go here. Here's where the peoples is. Mother Gue, I says, the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world, and by God, I was right.
- Del Gue
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Bob Kramer design knives by Zwilling I have heard great things of.........

Bladesmith wanting to make the best Kitchen knife.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
360 members (1lesfox, 160user, 257 mag, 1lessdog, 12344mag, 01Foreman400, 40 invisible), 2,047 guests, and 904 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,593
Posts18,397,970
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.