Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
D
djb Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
If you haven't shelled out the money for the higher $$$ hunting pants take a look at the zip-off leg fishing pants offer by several makers. They are all about the same. They are very light, reasonably tough, and very comfy; I have probably 6-7 seasons in 2 pairs and they are still going strong. Since they are so light you can pack in an extra pair. I wear one hiking in/around camp and then use the other pair when hunting. It nice to have a cleaner pair after one gets really soiled or blood on it. You can add layers of wool long johns as needed if it get colder much easier than the tighter fitting pants.

Just a thought.

The truth angers those whom it does not convince
GB1

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
I used to wear the Cabela's microtex pants and I thought they were great. I wasn't aware how much better a 4 way stretch pant was until I bought a pair of Sitka pants. The seams kept coming apart on them so I bought Kuiu Attack pants with the thigh zips. I have four pairs now, they are fantastic. The thigh zips are a great invention for ventialtion

S
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
S
I recently picked up a pair of Columbia Silver Ridge cargo pants for warm weather. I've spent 16-18 hours in the mountains wearing them and I like most things about them. But they're not really quiet and burs and sweet cicely seeds stick pretty bad.

What would Porter Rockwell do?
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
first lite kanabs or kuiu attack if temps drop

microtex for the money is a good alternative

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
I can highly recommend Kuiu Attack pants.

God Bless America!
IC B2

Y
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Y
microtex, if it starting to be cold microtex insulated works well too.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I really like my microtex, just picked these up too.

https://www.wrangler.com/shop/mens-...amp;sma=sm.00012myoih1e76e5hrejfjpon8rwe

They have more stretch, dry fast and have water repellent finish. For that price I pulled the trigger. They are not as tough as microtex but man are they nice to hike/climb in. Throw some under armor underneath and I'd be ready for the cold too.

MM

Tell me the odds of putting grease on the same pancake? I Know they are there, well ice and house slippers. -Kawi
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
If Prana Zions had knee pad insert pockets and came in camo they would be the most popular early season mountain hunting pants on the market, hands down. The integrated belt they have is so convenient for pack usage.

I wore the Zions on my elk hunt this year and will do so again. The Mud color blends well for a solid color.

Kuiu Attack are about as comfortable as the Zions, but thicker and better suited to cooler weather.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Picked these up this weekend at Marshalls

https://www.underarmour.com/en-us/mens-ua-storm-covert-tactical-pants/pid1262480-923

Gotta say some of my favorite pants ever worn, stretch, toughness and water repellent.

Tell me the odds of putting grease on the same pancake? I Know they are there, well ice and house slippers. -Kawi
AHM Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I don't think you'd go wrong with the Sitka Timberlines for a burley mountain pant with stretch, and gortex knees and butt. Love my Kuiu attack pants as well, but I wouldn't do a whole week in them hunting in the mountains. I use my Timberline pants for that.

IC B3

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
I bought two pair of the wranglers to try out and they are awesome for the 22.99 price tag. Obviously not as good as my Kuiu or Sitka but I will be using them this fall and testing durability. I'm impressed honestly

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by mitchellmountain
Picked these up this weekend at Marshalls

https://www.underarmour.com/en-us/mens-ua-storm-covert-tactical-pants/pid1262480-923

Gotta say some of my favorite pants ever worn, stretch, toughness and water repellent.

I'll add my 2 cents worth, figured with free shipping and free returns, lets try them....

Like them alot, Hunting, Hiking, Fishing, whatever....... Cargo pocket is smallish, cell phone size or so..

Maybe not has comfy has Sitka mountain pants, but close, and about half the price.........

B
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
B
Arborwear Tech II or Cabela Microtex

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Originally Posted by bobmn
Arborwear Tech II or Cabela Microtex

Arborwear also had a Tech Lite which for some reason they discontinued. I bought three pairs when they closed them out. Terrific pants.

I also like the Tech II but Arborwear seems to be drifting to the slim leg hipster fit which is a deal killer for me.

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
The Corrugate Guide pants from First Lite are my faves by far. I've tried most of the others mentioned and keep loving the CGs. I do replace the waist button with a velcro tab, however.

RLTW
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I just tried the Under Armor Storm pant on thats talked about in some post above.

$79.99 at Accadamy Sports

The Under Armor pant is very thin with not much for pockets.....my Kuiu Attacks cost more but I'll stick with them.

Maker of the Frankenstud Sling Keeper
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

They have more stretch, dry fast and have water repellent finish. For that price I pulled the trigger. They are not as tough as microtex but man are they nice to hike/climb in. Throw some under armor underneath and I'd be ready for the cold too.

MM

Just for grins, I took a flyer on these based on your feedback. After trial, I ordered one in every color. smile

Not quite as comfy as, say, the Kuiu Attack or FirstLite CG, but for knocking around, they're a steal and one can buy 5 or 6 of them for the price of one of the previously mentioned.

Thanks for head's up!

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I

MM

Best, inexpensive mountain pants EVER. I wear them almost daily. Wore them to work on Friday and packed a bull out of the mountains in a semi-stop em wearing them on Sunday.

Dave

If you're not burning through batteries in your headlamp,...you're doing it wrong.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by iddave

MM

Best, inexpensive mountain pants EVER. I wear them almost daily. Wore them to work on Friday and packed a bull out of the mountains in a semi-stop em wearing them on Sunday.

Dave

actually found they have them at the local Walmart. Like skane said, buying one in every color.

MM

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I just bought a pair hopefully these work as a cheap comfortable all around pant. I'll wear my standard wool pants from LL Bean, some First lites or a Kuiu Alpine pant after elk this year.

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

591 members (12344mag, 10Glocks, 17CalFan, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 1234, 72 invisible), 2,483 guests, and 1,252 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,667
Posts18,455,845
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.