Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by huntsonora
Apparently the gunsmith loaded it before giving it back to him and he double loaded it.

I do believe, if it were MY gun, I know a gunsmith that would be walking real funny for quite a while.

While it's true that all liberals are crazy people, not all crazy people are liberals.
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I would take what is left of that rifle and promptly head over to the gunsmiths place and properly introduce him to the pipe! That being said, you know what they say about assumption.....................

If you find yourself in a hole....quit digging
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A few details. This is my cousin, we usually go on at least a couple of hunts a year. It was a Rem UML that had a well known ML smith go over last year. The gun shoots well, I have shot it multiple times. The usual load is 131 grains of BH 209, over a barnes 300g sabot bullet. As stated earlier. The rifle was given to a gunsmith to clean, check zero ect... But a load was left in, which subsequently had another load placed on it. Classic double load.

Fortunately the only injuries to my cousin was to the left hand, which required surgery to repair.

As far as the gunsmith, he is a really great guy, and does excellent work, both with building up guns, and accuracy work. Just a bad string of events, where all the holes lined up for something bad to happen.

I think part of the problem stems from an individual being very familiar with a Rem 700 as a centerfire rifle and the mental process of having that safe as a cartridge based firearm. No adding the additional component of the load process of ML. I shoot a ML encore, so it is an easy check to see if it has a cap in it, or if it has a load in it. I keep my flash hole clean enough to see daylight if it is completely clear. A bolt action ML doesn't offer that convenience, of a safety check.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by harrierwood

As far as the gunsmith, he is a really great guy, and does excellent work, both with building up guns, and accuracy work. Just a bad string of events, where all the holes lined up for something bad to happen.

Might be, but he's still a moron. Glad your cousin will be OK.

Old Corps

Semper Fi

Get off my lawn.

FJB
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
ITS EASY TO CHECK A GUN FOR A LOAD [JUST DROP THE RAM ROD IN BARREL ABOVE ITS LOADED BELOW BARREL NOT]

IC B2

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
THE ULTIMATE MADE IN MI IS A RIFLE ALL TOGETHER DIFFERENCE FROM TOP TO BOTTOM. THE REMINGTON LIKE ALL REMINGTONS ARE JUNK. MY FRIEND BOUGHT ONE OF THESE AND FOR THE PRICE HE PAID I WOULD HAVE BROUGHT THE ULTIMATE AND PAID 400.00 MORE FOR IT

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Originally Posted by savage62
THE ULTIMATE MADE IN MI IS A RIFLE ALL TOGETHER DIFFERENCE FROM TOP TO BOTTOM. THE REMINGTON LIKE ALL REMINGTONS ARE JUNK. MY FRIEND BOUGHT ONE OF THESE AND FOR THE PRICE HE PAID I WOULD HAVE BROUGHT THE ULTIMATE AND PAID 400.00 MORE FOR IT

No its not but keep telling yourself it is.....In your dreams it might become true. Both use the same Rem700 stainless single shot receivers and X-Mark triggers. The breach plugs are made from different steel. The UF version is actually softer steel. Otherwise they are very similar. The only main difference is UF uses a Lothar barrel which is a great barrel but not as good as a Brux. The starting price of a UF BP Express is $2500 so you don't have a clue about pricing. The Rem version with a B&C M40 stock can be found easily for about $800-$850 WITF did you come up with $400 more for the UF Ultimate?
http://ultimatefirearms.com/modelsprices.php
https://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/products_id/93395
http://www.cabelas.com/product/REMINGTON-SINGLE-SHOT-CENTERFIRE-RIFLE/1907244.uts

You are clueless as usual. I could buy a Rem Ult and add a $500 Brux barrel with brake and have a better rifle than UF sells for much less. I could then add a $562 Mcmillian TH stock and still pay less than the base price of a BP Express.

Seriously where do you come up with all the nonsense you post? Half the time its barely readable.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

545 members (1OntarioJim, 01Foreman400, 12344mag, 007FJ, 1_deuce, 10gaugemag, 62 invisible), 2,410 guests, and 1,199 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,664
Posts18,455,763
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.