Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
T
tuam76 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
T
I have been thinning out my reloading supplies and have some powder that I am wanting to post in classifieds.

Can anyone school me on the restrictions if any of shipping powder?

What is best method of shipment usps, fedex etc.

Thanks

HR IC

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Ups, box it, label it, ship it, forget it

T
tuam76 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by gemby58

Will do. Thanks!

D
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
D

Good advise.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
?????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

IC B2

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by dye7barrel

Good advise.

Only if you don't get caught.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by dye7barrel

Good advise.

Only if you don't get caught.

Get caught by WHO?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Whoever it is that catches people violating HAZMAT regs??

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by RiverRider

Just took 12 pounds of powder to UPS on monday, listed on the receipt it was smokeless powder, counter person asked what I was shipping, told him, he said ok, stuck a ORD sticker on it, took my money so off it went. What law did I break?

M
MZ5 Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
None, gemby. You boxed it, _labeled_ it (properly, as ORM-D), and shipped it. Declared and paid properly, you did what you were supposed to do.

IC B3

W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
In my area, none of the local UPS or fedex locations will ship ORMD materials. Both require that you go to the regional warehouse. Funny though, they have no issue delivering it.

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by MZ5
None, gemby. You boxed it, _labeled_ it (properly, as ORM-D), and shipped it. Declared and paid properly, you did what you were supposed to do.

According to some I violated Hazmat regs and should be in Hazmat jail. Hazmat is a concoction of UPS and FedEx to collect extra money out of you for shipping it, they don't handle it differently, they dont ship it differently, than if you shipped a box full of styrofoam peanuts. Other than a label on the box and them taking $15 off of you there is no difference. Like ups and their fees for shipping handguns the extra $25 that they collect off you if I ship a gun from my shop to across the river they still charge me to $25 and what other way could they handle that pistol, that would warrant an extra $25 charge. It will still get there overnight

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by wildcat33
In my area, none of the local UPS or fedex locations will ship ORMD materials. Both require that you go to the regional warehouse. Funny though, they have no issue delivering it.

Shipped a few gun last week and a counter person that was semi new said he wasent allowed to ship guns. Told him to go get his supervisor as I didn't have time to play games. He went and got his supervisor and when he came into the Warehouse and seen me he said ship them. There isn't really any rules on who can ship the long gun by UPS but they seem to some of them seem to think an FFL has to ship them . UPS should really get informed and train their employees properly what they can ship and what they can't ship. This is the first problem I had since probably the mid-90s that i had on shipping a long gun. I think each hub make their own rules on what they can do and what they can't do and they don't follow company policy

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A

Just took 12 pounds of powder to UPS on monday, listed on the receipt it was smokeless powder, counter person asked what I was shipping, told him, he said ok, stuck a ORD sticker on it, took my money so off it went. What law did I break?

Was there an extra HAZMAT charge?

Casey

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by alpinecrick

Was there an extra HAZMAT charge?

Casey

Nope im not a hazmat shipper

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Huh. Well...I guess I just have to admit that I was misinformed. The worst part of it is, I can't say just exactly where the misinformation came from. The good of it is that misinformation and flat-out BS just don't stand very long on the CF, and the straight skinny will come to light. So let's get that powder packed and shipped out! I think I have six pounds or so of Re17 I do not want. wink

Don't be the darkness.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A

Thanks Gemby.

Casey

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
According to the USPS HAZMAT tables, it prohibited, regardless of how it's labeled:

https://pe.usps.com/text/pub52/pub52apxa.htm#ep725700

As for ORM-D it is shipped differently. Ground shipped only.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S

its the campfire...where we have a lot of experts on any given subject, although they haven't personally done it..

but that still doesn't take away their expertise on the subject.

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by Seafire
[quote=RiverRider]Whoever it is that catches people violating HAZMAT regs??

its the campfire...where we have a lot of experts on any given subject, although they haven't personally done it..

but that still doesn't take away their expertise on the subject.
[/quote

How true

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
674 members (17CalFan, 10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 1minute, 10ring1, 12308300, 77 invisible), 2,750 guests, and 1,314 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,644
Posts18,399,029
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.