-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Longer than expected delivery on my 250AI from Ryan. But he responded promptly when I emailed and the rifle seems to be done right. I fired it a few times just to test....no groups yet.

Now I'm messing around with Manners on a stock I waited almost 10 months for. Shank inlet too long...dangit. I will send the barreled action and stock back so they can fix it. I'll get it all together eventually.

Last edited by 257heaven; 09/10/17.

Sent from my Dingleberry Handheld Wireless
GB1

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Check your cerakote if you had it applied by Ryan. Mine comes right off with laquer thinner. The barrel wasn't bead blasted and the coating wasn't baked on, just air dried.

"The only two things in life that make it worth livin'
Is guitars that tune good and firm feelin' women"
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by DoeSlayer
Check your cerakote if you had it applied by Ryan. Mine comes right off with laquer thinner. The barrel wasn't bead blasted and the coating wasn't baked on, just air dried.

You may as well have rattle canned the job yourself, that's terrible workmanship.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by 458 Lott

There are a few gunsmiths that can perform top notch work, in a timely manner, and don't give you the runaround or hide when you call or email. Those are the gunsmiths to use.

Mark Penrod. His word is good as gold . He's the only guy that touches my rifles.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by super T
I think the language and tone of this discussion may be one of the reasons so many reasonable posters have left the fire.

Agreed, people should be nicer to scammers.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
IC B2

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by super T
I think the language and tone of this discussion may be one of the reasons so many reasonable posters have left the fire.

Surely you jest? If not, I feel sorry for you.

"I never thought I'd live to see the day that a U.S. president would raise an army to invade his own country."
Robert E. Lee
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by DoeSlayer

No cerakote here. Mine is all stainless and I just had him bead blast it.

Sent from my Dingleberry Handheld Wireless
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 458 Lott
There is absolutely no excuse for a small businessman to be a poor businessman, gunmiths don't get dispensation for poor business practices. Every business has challenges and delays in receiving parts and in receiving payment. With email and some basic business software it is extremely easy to keep track of running a business, and communicate with customers in a timely manner. It just requires the discipline to put in a little bit of time each day to put time into overhead work and not get behind.

Where many gunsmiths go awry is when they take in work with a deposit, and use that deposit money to pay themselves before they've ordered the parts and before they've performed the work. Then suddenly they are out of cash, customers are breathing down their neck and they need to wait until a new customer sends in a deposit and then they use that deposit money to buy parts for the guys that have been waiting months and years for work.

There are a few gunsmiths that can perform top notch work, in a timely manner, and don't give you the runaround or hide when you call or email. Those are the gunsmiths to use.

And now preorders are being taken for $1200 for a custom action....

“There are some who can live without wild things and some who cannot.”
ALDO LEOPOLD
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E

Conduct is the best proof of character.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by boliep

They are very short shot groups. Another eye opener is that Cooper doesn't just shoot three shots and send the group. They shoot
the rifle until they get a very small group and then send that one.

When I bought my first one I called Cooper about barrel break in recommendations. The response was that they have shot the rifle
enough that the barrel is well broken in.

What you are seeing in the box with the Cooper is marketing.

I'm sure you guys know what you're talking about. But even if this was shot at only 50 yards, I'm thinking that this same 3-shot group at 100 yards would be just fine.
[Linked Image]

Last edited by Gun_Geezer; 09/18/17.
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by boliep

They are very short shot groups. Another eye opener is that Cooper doesn't just shoot three shots and send the group. They shoot
the rifle until they get a very small group and then send that one.

When I bought my first one I called Cooper about barrel break in recommendations. The response was that they have shot the rifle
enough that the barrel is well broken in.

What you are seeing in the box with the Cooper is marketing.

Ok, so wht did you buy more than that first one? Did the Cooper's shoot well or not? I don't own a Cooper, so just wanting to understand all the hub bub.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B

Bought two. Sold both.

They shot OK but not enough to justify the extra money.

No hub bub, just my experience.

Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times.
Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Has anyone see our boy Ryan Kelsey lately? I'd like to hear back from him.

There are 2 rules to success:

1. Never tell everything that you know.
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

124 members (7mm_Loco, 7887mm08, 007FJ, 44mc, 10gaugemag, 35, 10 invisible), 1,510 guests, and 789 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,599
Posts18,454,565
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.