-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
After spending the first 35 years of my adult life looking at the world from inside a brown bottle, I completely quit almost 26 years ago. Amazing how much extra money I have to spend on gunsnammo and I really enjoy getting up in the morning bright eyed and bushy tailed.

Works for me.

[Linked Image]
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
[Linked Image]

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
[Linked Image]

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
[Linked Image]

K
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Originally Posted by aalf
[Linked Image]

Oh yeah!!! Well I used to could do that to a boob too!

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I haven't had a pop in about 3 weeks but I'm always up for a snoot full of PBR, or just a couple. Just depends.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Never one to heavily drink, Nowadays more of a social drinker and usually at hunting camp or during a football game. The rest of the time unsweetened ice tea, orange juice or a sprite zero. Liquor companies are not going to get rich off of me.

My best friend and exboss drank and smoked so much it literally turned me off to drinking. I never smoked

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
I like beer and rum.

Not together of course.

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
quality vs quantity. some mighty fine brews out there these days.

My diploma is a DD214
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Too much smoke and not enough pepper.

IC B3

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Oct 30 1998......life is too short to piss your money down the toilet and waste a day of your life hung the fugg over from the "good time" the night before.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I like to drink. Don't do it as often or hard these days, but still do it. Beer on my deck with ironbender?? Good stuff

nightly toddy at hunting camp with pards, Great stuff

nieces going away party Saturday night. 6 of us killed a half gallon of tequila, overheard my son talking to his cousin, I've never seen my dad [bleep], would like to see what he's like that way. If I have my way ain't liable to happen. Getting a good buzz, great stuff.

getting fallin down drunk? No thanks you can have it, btdt and the tee shirt don't fit so well anymore.

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
My parents were problem drinkers while I was still at home. So, I had, and have, every reason to avoid or minimize alcohol.
Maybe six shots a year, a six pack total per year, usually associated with a HOT day of hard work or an occasion.
I've saved a LOT of money not buying booze. Applied it toward power tools, power toys, and guns.

Up hills slow,
Down hills fast
Tonnage first and
Safety last.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I have cut down, but need to cut down more, i like my 5-6 beers then supper, then 2 or 3 - 2 fingers of crown while watching TV

slowly backing off, used to be a whole lot more

J Simoneaud

Supper's ready!! you have 2 choices, Eat or Don't eat.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
You heard of the guy that developed a taste for brake fluid? Guzzled it by the pint. I told him it couldn't be good for him, but he swore he could stop anytime...... wink

An unemployed Jester, is nobody's Fool.

the only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker, is observation. all the same data is present for both. The rest, is understanding what you're seeing.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I've slowed down over the years but don't even think about waking me up before 10:00 without a fifth under my nose. I do my best work after at least a quart of whiskey and a few beer chasers if customers are around.

Do not feed the bear!

White Bear sometimes treads on thin ice...
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by White_Bear
I've slowed down over the years but don't even think about waking me up before 10:00 without a fifth under my nose. I do my best work after at least a quart of whiskey and a few beer chasers if customers are around.

That's my Man!!

J Simoneaud

Supper's ready!! you have 2 choices, Eat or Don't eat.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter

My best friend and exboss drank and smoked so much it literally turned me off to drinking. I never smoked

That can really do it. I enjoy a good beer, sometimes two, but after watching a close friend drink himself to the point where his organs were failing and his skin was splitting - due to said failures and consequent fluid retention, I don't have the stomach for "fun" drinking anymore. I'm so boring I quit after a couple fingers of scotch or fall asleep (well) after a bit of tawny port.

Sometimes, the air you 'let in'matters less than the air you 'let out'.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I never like any of it. Even when I was young and a bit wild, I never drank anything with alcohol. Just didn't like it.

(And I could fight much better sober then those who were drunk)

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
My family tree has alcohol um, "misuse" problems on both sides.... 30 something years ago they started deposits on beer bottles.... I put a big contractor bag under the sink and started tossing the empties into it.... I was a professional person living in a small town.

It took quit awhile to fill the bag up with empties. While I was walking into the store with the large rattling bag of bottles, looking like Santa headed out on the big night I suddenly started to feel self conscious. The woman counting out the number of returns looked at me "funny"....

I figured the only way to be sure I didn't end up like some of my relatives did was to stop drinking. It really was not a hard thing for me to do. I'm not sure if I would have made the none at all choice if craft micro breweries had been around back then... really good beer is a pleasure for sure.

One thing I have noticed though is that some people should not drink at all... ever. I saw a tee shirt once that said, "Instant jack ass.... just add alcohol". I have been in some hunting camps with people that should have been wearing that shirt as fair warning to others....

I just checked the latest DSM 5 and did not see the "Turns into a flaming jack ass after their first drink" criteria... but it should be....

https://www.niaaa.nih.gov/alcohol-health/overview-alcohol-consumption/alcohol-use-disorders

Please don't feed the trolls!
Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

568 members (10Glocks, 10ring1, 12344mag, 007FJ, 10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 52 invisible), 2,411 guests, and 1,199 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,242
Posts18,466,876
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.