Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
I hit 40 a few weeks ago and am still hooked on the feelin'...

Been in trouble a few times and now generally just imbibe at home.

Got up at 4AM this morning and went out and chased cows until about 2PM.

Drove home, fueled up and snabbed a 6 pack of Twisted Tea.

Threw down a shot of Patron(it is now 5PM) and had a couple teas while I mowed the lawn. Just got in and cracked a cold Heineken.

Eat a light supper, take a shower and back at it again tomorrow about the same time.

I work hard and drink hard.

No kids and the bills are paid so who gives a fuuck. Haven't missed a day of work in years.

Uber functional.

GB1

byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
No! I have a very extensive bourbon collection that grows with every passing day.

However, as a collector (started many years ago) I do drink far less. More fun to treasure hunt than to actually drink it. BUT one day!! It's on!

Proud to be a true Sandlapper!!

Go Nats!!!!

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Sam, You're what "they" call a high functioning alcoholic....many aspire but few accomplish such a tightrope act. 😁

Kidding of course because alcohol is Gods way of showing appreciation for a hardworking man.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I enjoy a drink occasionally. I'm fortunate that it doesn't turn me into a family abusing, drunk driving, maniac. Guessing that there is a middle ground between none and the pen.

Broncos are officially the worst team in the nation this year.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I stopped 24 hrs ago.

"I Birn Quhil I Se" MacLeod of Lewis
I Burn While I See
Hold Fast MacLeod of Harris
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I had a pretty good run in my Army days in the 80s and 90s. I was stationed in Germany, and my wife is German, so we even used to have the beer man deliver a rack of beer every Friday.
Then we had boys who became teenagers, and you know the drill- first we'd notice the bottles seemed a little emptier, then beers would disappear from the fridge. They even tried the old colored water in the bottle trick.
So my wife made a rule no alcohol in the house. I grumbled, of course, but now 10 years later I don't even miss it.
I did miss one of my small pleasures in life- an ice cold beer after mowing the lawn, so, I just hired a lawn service smile.

A
add Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Only for the cheap stuff.

Epstein didn't kill himself.

"Play Cinnamon Girl you Sonuvabitch!"

Biden didn't win the election.
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
I started drinking when I was in middle school and quit 6 weeks before I graduated college. There would be no promise in life if I kept at it. White knuckled it those 1st 6 weeks but the first couple years were very difficult. Couldn't have done it without AA. That was 20 years ago now and I haven't thought about drinking in years more than a passing thought. I just accepted I can't and moved on. If I did drink again I imagine my taste would return real fast but I don't plan to find out.

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
I have no problem with hard work and then drink hard within reason after work and then repeat. But I've just discovered it doesn't agree with me too well on a regular basis.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
I quit drinking when I turned 40,33 years ago.Saved a lot of money and headaches.

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
I love you man....

(cyber hug)

grin

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I like good beer, good bourbon, and good tobacco but like the old saying goes, "everything in moderation".

K
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Originally Posted by FieldGrade
I like good beer, good bourbon, and good tobacco but like the old saying goes, "everything in moderation".

Yup, I do like my pipe too!!!!

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Started in 8th grade, and got pretty good at it through high school. Quit except for an occasional bender in college. Now, I appreciate a good beer, can tolerate whiskey, like the occasional vodka tonic. But, I always stop at or before two, and I don't get drunk any more. Costs a lot to feel like crap the next day and do stuff I'd rather not read about in the paper.

Old70

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
I developed a real taste for R Crown and ice. I did ok for a couple years on it daily untill it started making me feel like crap and also the next day. Gave some to my rancher bud a few times who was always having an Evan Williams or two at the end of the day after we worked cattle or fences.
He finally asked me to just please get him the good stuff-E Williams. I asked him WTH and he told me blended whisky is poison. It gave him and his wife headaches and made them feel bad, as i had began feeling.
I started the EW and got used to it. I could taste the sweetness in it.
One day after working cattle we went back to the line camp. He had his beer as we were out of EW. I fixed a good big Canadian Mist blended whiskey and ice from his FILaw. 15 min later i dumped the second half in the dirt as i started feeling bad from the top of my head to my toes.
Now, i was gifted a bottle of Crown Special Reserve for my BD a month ago and i am afraid to try it. Maybe in a few months I will.
I have also gotten to where i prefer wine over the hard stuff i once liked the taste of. I had gotren to where i loved the sweet taste of EW and ice.
I feel better just having some Cabernet. Wake up, feel good, go to work, no headache.....

Last edited by jaguartx; 09/19/17.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Used to love beer but can't hardly choke one down today.....
Crown and root beer tastes pretty good tho

Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle

....including moderation!

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
K
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Originally Posted by ironbender

....including moderation!

Wasn't it Heinlein that said moderation was for monks?

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

RDW Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by kaywoodie
I have discovered when I'm not around family, or I'm alone, I drink a hell of a lot less!

I am totally the opposite, being around family makes me want to get drunk as hell and pass out so I can get back home to peace and quiet.

Dave

Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
Sam, You're what "they" call a high functioning alcoholic....many aspire but few accomplish such a tightrope act. 😁

Kidding of course because alcohol is Gods way of showing appreciation for a hardworking man.

Beer is Gods way of saying he loves us.

--Ben Franklin

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

568 members (2003and2013, 10Glocks, 222Sako, 163bc, 16Racing, 1badf350, 62 invisible), 2,540 guests, and 1,338 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,674
Posts18,456,132
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.