Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
I used to love coca cola, especially with crown. Got older. Now both are too sweet. Raisin bran is now too sweet also. WTH-getting old?

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by RWE

That said, I will put a hurting on a bottle of kahlua - if its there, its hit. And I can probably drain it, straight, in a sitting.

OK, I'll 'fess up, if I had the time and the funds for an unlimited supply of Bailey's Irish Cream, I'm pretty sure even now I could work my way up (down?) to full blown alcoholic.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
I'm not sure, but I'll work harder at finding out....

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by kaywoodie
Originally Posted by ironbender
Originally Posted by FieldGrade
I like good beer, good bourbon, and good tobacco but like the old saying goes, "everything in moderation".

....including moderation!

Wasn't it Heinlein that said moderation was for monks?

And pussies.......

grin

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
I still love it all....distilled spirits, wine, beer.....just can't drink it like I used to....puts me under. If the wife and I split a bottle of wine at dinner I've reached my limit. I very seldom drink hard liquor of any kind any more....occasionally a beer or two, usually just a glass of wine with dinner.

Mathew 22: 37-39

IC B2

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
I have pulled my martini consumption to Fri/Sat for the most part. If a neighbor drops by for a visit during the week we will likely have a cocktail. During the week I may have a beer or two if I am out sweating. I generally struggle drinking more than one beer anymore though Clark proved me wrong recently.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Mannlicher

some folks are 'addictive'. They seem to get hooked on booze or drugs immediately. I can drink heavy, and stop. Coffee, booze and what have you. Just no addiction at all, no matter how hard I 'abuse' the stuff.

Me and my brother had the same drinking habits growing up; drink until we passed out.

The next morning he'd be in the 'fridge looking for leftover beers, me with a hangover put a beer in front of me and it was like vampires and sunlight, couldn't even look at it. I'm sure genetics plays a huge role in alcoholism, it weren't willpower that limited my drinking.

He became a full blown alcoholic, I had a few narrow escapes from DWI's not because I craved the stuff, but because I was drinking it.

He joined AA early and got cleaned up, makes much more retired now than I do working.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Did some drinking in my youth, college, etc. But soon discovered that my body's response to ETOH is to go sit in a corner and watch the world go by. Not much fun in that. Do enjoy a beer, a glass of wine, or a good old fashion G&T every now and then.

Ed

A person who asks a question is a fool for 5 minutes the person who never asks is a fool forever.

The worst slaves are those that put the chains on themselves.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'm sure my idea of moderation and that of the sanctimonious among us are pretty far apart but my Doctor says I'm doing something right so I'll stick with it.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho
A small amount of alcohol really can help mitigate a headache or other small aches and pains. Folks just tend to think if some is good, more is better. I have a 750 ml bottle of Jagermeister and a shot glass in the freezer kept for such occasions. It was purchased sometime in the spring of 2016 and there is still over half left. I'm one who doesn't like at all the fuzzy feeling alcohol gives you but one cold beer in the summer is good, sometimes. Mostly it's better with a sandwich.

I managed to vomit blood once after drinking a bunch of Jager! Dry since 2004 and know it's best. Sure a bunch of beers I'd try though, and bourbon, and scotch, and vodka, and gin, and rum, and tequila, and and and.... Well, ya get the point. I do cheat every once in a while and have an O'douls Amber or if I can find it, a Guinness Kaliber, just one though, don't want to pass the F'kout. lol

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
IC B3

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
No sanctimony Charlie. Just sayin it's good/ok to let rip now and then!

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Yes. Except for on cornflakes... 😏

Really, I quit a couple years ago. Amazing how much better I feel. I've on a couple occaisions since had a single beer. No longer enjoy the taste as I did- or thought I did- and feel " a couple points off" the next day. On one beer!

So why bother?

YMMV

Last edited by las; 09/19/17.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
It's strange, but before I got married eighteen years ago, I was a total weekend drunk. Drank e everything I could get my hands on. Then shortly after the big event, everything changed. Suddenly lost my taste for it. I found,d out I didn't even like the stuff anymore. Still keep a bottle in the cupboard and once in a while I 'll mix one up but rarely finish it.

I could wish a lot of things on my worst enemy but neuropathy ain't one of them.
J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Nope, not at all.

I am MAGA.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Yes.

LOL
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by EdM
I have pulled my martini consumption to Fri/Sat for the most part. If a neighbor drops by for a visit during the week we will likely have a cocktail. During the week I may have a beer or two if I am out sweating. I generally struggle drinking more than one beer anymore though Clark proved me wrong recently.

Yeah. I don't recall any arm twisting... grin.

Clark

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ironbender
No sanctimony Charlie. Just sayin it's good/ok to let rip now and then!

That wasn't directed at you friend.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Never really had a taste to begin with.

In my youth while sporting a beret I'd go to parties and/or bars and get drunk on weekends from time to time. However, that didn't last long and after i became a civilian, i just didn't have the desire anymore.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
My trouble is that I am an exceedingly large mammal. 8 or 10 beers and I am not greatly bothered by it.

It may look like I have a drinking problem......not so.

I am MAGA.
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by FieldGrade
I'm sure my idea of moderation and that of the sanctimonious among us are pretty far apart but my Doctor says I'm doing something right so I'll stick with it.

I think my doc is FOS. Cheers! laugh

Originally Posted by Bristoe
It's about like this:

"Do you puff peters?"

"Hell no!"

"NAZI!!!"

Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

544 members (12344mag, 007FJ, 01Foreman400, 160user, 10Glocks, 222ND, 66 invisible), 2,450 guests, and 1,144 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,543
Posts18,453,223
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.