Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
hatari Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
According to the AJC, the GBQ found 3 suicide notes in Scout's residence. The screwed up kid played a stupid game and lost. Suicide by cop? Maybe. Screwed up kid intoxicated? Reports indicate that to be so.

Reading the local reports and knowing the GT Campus does bring some questions to mind.

1.) Colleges everywhere have to deal with drunk kids every weekend. This kid, even with the "weapon" he/she/they brandished was hardly a serious threat to anyone if you view the video. Tell me a big cop couldn't have walked up, grabbed his arm and cold cocked "Scout"? Honestly, my daughter could probably have "Scout" in a submission hold in about 3 seconds and she's 5'3 and pregnant right now.

2.) Begs the question which officer shot? Was it the FEMALE officer? If it was, she would have no inclination to disarm a drunk gender confused sissy. A She cop with an attitude would just shot. Might be wrong, but they won't release the name of the officer involved.

3.) Did this kid need shooting? Don't get me wrong, I am all for the use of lethal force when the situation calls for it. Try to break into my house if you want to see a practical application. I'm all for LEO's to have the right to protect themselves. I'm also going to hold them to decent standard of common sense. This kid was not a citywide threat for anything bigger than a panty raid. Whip out the Billy club, conk him on the head and drag him downtown and lock him up until he sobers up. Same with Ferguson. Sure, the belligerent bro started beating on the cop car. Roll up the window, drive off, call for back up. That didn't warrant whipping out the Glock. I have no sympathy for a blunt smoking convenience store robber, but Ferguson dude wasn't stopped for robbing the Quikie Mart, but for being in the road.

As a civilian, we will be held to a very high standard when it comes to using lethal force. Let's say you were on GT campus that evening for a game and Queer Boi starts advancing on you. If you plant one center mass on "they," you will have this question: "could you have backed away and avoided the confrontation"? If your back was to building or you're in alley or surrounded by other unfriendlies, you can shoot to kill and probably skate. If you could easily back away, then you're going to have some tough questions to answer and you might get charged.

4.) So what about cop training? What does the training say about Queer Boi surrounded by 4 Leo's, obviously intoxicated, that has been at a LGBTQ meeting/protest. Training says "whack him" even if you have him surrounded, or as he slowly advances on one, retreat and let the other 3 take "they" down?

Sorry, but there are drunks on campus ever weekend doing stupid chit. 99.9999% don't need shooting. I don' think this dude/dudette deserved to be plugged. OTOH, I just read were 2 employees that run a campus transportation bus at Auburn University raped a drunk chick. Girl goes out drinking, gets on the shuttle to take her home, and one ape rapes her while the other drove around randomly while his buddy was porking the girl. I wish she had a CCW and had ventilated them both.

My opinion. Yours may vary.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I am inclined to agree, but one thing is salient. When I was a bouncer, I knew I was dealing with drunks and I knew many if not most of them. I knew which one was just a loud drunk, and which one was a mean drunk.

These cops did not know Mr. Confusion, did not know his story, and did not know what he was on. That makes a difference.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It will be ruled a legally justified shooting. But my hope would be that this will be used as an opportunity for enforcement to learn. They could have done much more to have delayed or prevented the use of deadly force.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
3.) Did this kid need shooting? Don't get me wrong, I am all for the use of lethal force when the situation calls for it. Try to break into my house if you want to see a practical application. I'm all for LEO's to have the right to protect themselves. I'm also going to hold them to decent standard of common sense. This kid was not a citywide threat for anything bigger than a panty raid. Whip out the Billy club, conk him on the head and drag him downtown and lock him up until he sobers up. Same with Ferguson. Sure, the belligerent bro started beating on the cop car. Roll up the window, drive off, call for back up. That didn't warrant whipping out the Glock. I have no sympathy for a blunt smoking convenience store robber, but Ferguson dude wasn't stopped for robbing the Quikie Mart, but for being in the road.
In law, you can't have a gray area. The cops have to have it black or white to avoid being incriminated for everything they do. If they hadn't shot and the kid knifed someone, they'd have been in trouble. There's a point where their legal rights and obligations have to trump some common sense.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
M
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
M
Three suicide notes? His, hers and its?

IC B2

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
if i was guessing, i would guess it was a female cop. beyond that, they had no lazer, so that was out. with three? cops there, they could have bum rushed him? still he did have a knife.

this is not an easy one, if there ever is. they didn't know who he was. we found out later. but, still it raises questions in a "rational" mind.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
I half hearted stab could have easily struck an artery.
Fk knives.
You get into my space with a blade I'm going to ventilate your cage.
Simple
Don't like it? GFY. I'm going home.

TRUMP- GABBARD 2024
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Nobody was backed into a corner and tazers are only for fun.

Definitely a legal shoot but also unnecessary at that point in time. Suicide by a cop that embraced that burden.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
What I've read this kid had a leatherman micra style/size multitool in its hand. It wasn't a Crocodile Dundee "knoife ".

Cops should be embarrassed to not have been able to disarm non-lethally.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
hatari Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
That's kinda my point. Also wondering if it was the chic cop who put him/it down. If it was not the shecop, then I'm being needlessly paranoid, but I wonder....

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
deadly threat = deadly force, the law is simple and the police used the correct level of force.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
That was my way of agreeing with you hatari!

--Pat Parelli

--ironbender
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by hatari
According to the AJC, the GBQ found 3 suicide notes in Scout's residence. The screwed up kid played a stupid game and lost. Suicide by cop? Maybe. Screwed up kid intoxicated? Reports indicate that to be so.

Reading the local reports and knowing the GT Campus does bring some questions to mind.

1.) Colleges everywhere have to deal with drunk kids every weekend. This kid, even with the "weapon" he/she/they brandished was hardly a serious threat to anyone if you view the video. Tell me a big cop couldn't have walked up, grabbed his arm and cold cocked "Scout"? Honestly, my daughter could probably have "Scout" in a submission hold in about 3 seconds and she's 5'3 and pregnant right now.

2.) Begs the question which officer shot? Was it the FEMALE officer? If it was, she would have no inclination to disarm a drunk gender confused sissy. A She cop with an attitude would just shot. Might be wrong, but they won't release the name of the officer involved.

As a civilian, we will be held to a very high standard when it comes to using lethal force. Let's say you were on GT campus that evening for a game and Queer Boi starts advancing on you. If you plant one center mass on "they," you will have this question: "could you have backed away and avoided the confrontation"? If your back was to building or you're in alley or surrounded by other unfriendlies, you can shoot to kill and probably skate. If you could easily back away, then you're going to have some tough questions to answer and you might get charged.

4.) So what about cop training? What does the training say about Queer Boi surrounded by 4 Leo's, obviously intoxicated, that has been at a LGBTQ meeting/protest. Training says "whack him" even if you have him surrounded, or as he slowly advances on one, retreat and let the other 3 take "they" down?

Sorry, but there are drunks on campus ever weekend doing stupid chit. 99.9999% don't need shooting. I don' think this dude/dudette deserved to be plugged. OTOH, I just read were 2 employees that run a campus transportation bus at Auburn University raped a drunk chick. Girl goes out drinking, gets on the shuttle to take her home, and one ape rapes her while the other drove around randomly while his buddy was porking the girl. I wish she had a CCW and had ventilated them both.

My opinion. Yours may vary.

Hit a guy in the head with a baton/billy club, constitutes deadly force??

hatari Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ironbender
That was my way of agreeing with you hatari!

I'm with you. Just cutting the whole rant down to bite sized.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Esox357
deadly threat = deadly force, the law is simple and the police used the correct level of force.

They used a legal level of force.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Tyler Beck, male, was the shooter.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
hatari Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
So I was jumping to conclusions about a Shecop, bad on me.

Stll, while a legal shoot, I'm not on board with it. Cop took the easy way out of the situation. "Bang", problem solved.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Sometimes the law is a ass.

--Pat Parelli

--ironbender
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
A college education can lead to success.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Tyler Beck, male, was the shooter.

Officer Beck:

[Linked Image]

" ... Dollars To Donuts ...." The shooting will be found to be "justified;" Officer Beck will not be prosecuted or charged; a wrongful death lawsuit will be filed against the university and Officer Beck; the university's liability insurance carrier will provide a defense and indemnity to the university and Officer Beck against the lawsuit; the civil lawsuit will not go to trial; and eventually the insurance company will write a big settlement check to the Schultz family.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

626 members (01Foreman400, 06hunter59, 10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 10gaugeman, 12344mag, 65 invisible), 2,032 guests, and 1,198 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,254
Posts18,448,097
Members73,899
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.