Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
S
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
This was the plan right from the start. Sessions recused himself from investigating Hillary or the Clinton Foundation way back in Jan during his Senate Confirmation hearings.

My guess is, this is the only reason he was confirmed as he promised to protect the swamp.

Within 10 minutes of taking questions from the Senate Judiciary Committee, Sessions was asked by the panel’s Chairman, Chuck Grassley (R-Iowa), whether he could approach the Clinton issues impartially. Sessions replied:

Mr. Chairman, it was a highly contentious campaign. I, like a lot of people, made comments about the issues in that campaign. With regard to Secretary Clinton and some of the comments I made, I do believe that that could place my objectivity in question. I've given that thought.

I believe the proper thing for me to do, would be to recuse myself from any questions involving those kind of investigations that involve Secretary Clinton and that were raised during the campaign or to be otherwise connected to it.

GRASSLEY: OK. I think, that's -- let me emphasize then with a follow up question. To be very clear, you intend to recuse yourself from both the Clinton e-mail investigation and any matters involving the Clinton Foundation, if there are any?

SESSIONS: Yes.

GRASSLEY: Let me follow up again, because it's important. When you say you'll recuse, you mean that you'll actually recuse and the decision will therefore fall to, I assume, a deputy attorney general? I ask because after Attorney General Lynch met with President Clinton in Phoenix, she said she would, quote/unquote, "defer to the FBI," but she never officially recused.

SESSIONS: No, she did not officially recuse. And there is a procedure for that, which I would follow. And I believe that would be the best approach for the country because we can never have a political dispute turn into a criminal dispute. That's not in any way that would suggest anything other than absolute objectivity. This country does not punish its political enemies, but this country ensures that no one is above the law.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
GB1

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
carefully worded statement by a politician... hitting all the right politically correct high points.

only way to drain the swamp.... if any politician was serving in any capacity during the Obama
Administration... from 2009 thru 2016... they have to go and be dismissed...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

S
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Seafire
carefully worded statement by a politician... hitting all the right politically correct high points.

only way to drain the swamp.... if any politician was serving in any capacity during the Obama
Administration... from 2009 thru 2016... they have to go and be dismissed...

To late to get rid of Sessions.

He was appointed AG to protect the swamp and that is exactly what he is doing and will do.

If President Trump fires Sessions, he will have to nominate a replacement.

The Senate will have to confirm that nominee, no way they will confirm an outsider or anyone that will investigate the DC corruption from both parties.

Think about that, the Swamp is in charge of who would be in charge of investigating the Swamp.

Why do you think the Senate voted unanimously to block President Trump from making any Recess Appointment while they were on vacation for 5 weeks.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by steve4102

He was appointed AG to protect the swamp and that is exactly what he is doing and will do.

The Senate will have to confirm that nominee, no way they will confirm an outsider or anyone that will investigate the DC corruption from both parties.

Think about that, the Swamp is in charge of who would be in charge of investigating the Swamp.

Why do you think the Senate voted unanimously to block President Trump from making any Recess Appointment while they were on vacation for 5 weeks.

Checks and balances, what a joke.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
There were those people who thought that the election of Trump would automatically mean that the swamp was going to be drained. One person cannot fix what has been broken for many years. The swamp is so deep and so extensive, that even if Trump was able to begin draining it, it would take a very long time. The election of Trump has brought out into the open just how "political" Washington really is.....and it ain't just the Democrats either, as the GOP likes to say. Both sides play the game, as we are seeing by the way the Republicans are treating Trump, and Trump so far hasn't figured out to handle it.

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by JamesJr
There were those people who thought that the election of Trump would automatically mean that the swamp was going to be drained. One person cannot fix what has been broken for many years. The swamp is so deep and so extensive, that even if Trump was able to begin draining it, it would take a very long time. The election of Trump has brought out into the open just how "political" Washington really is.....and it ain't just the Democrats either, as the GOP likes to say. Both sides play the game, as we are seeing by the way the Republicans are treating Trump, and Trump so far hasn't figured out to handle it.

This!

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
R
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
R
Total, infused corruption - top to bottom..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The "deep State" is public enemy number one....

Please don't feed the trolls!
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Redneck
Total, infused corruption - top to bottom..

100%^^^^^^^
"taxation without representation"

FJB & FJT
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Sessions is a traitor. If Americans still had balls they'd go to DC and take care of the traitors once and for a while. Corruption is government is a never ending thing.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
IC B3

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Why was he confirmed if he was a coward and a traitor?

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by RickyD

To protect those that confirmed him.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Pat85

Checks and balances, what a joke.

Checks and CYA's - not exactly what the founding fathers had in mind.

A true sportsman counts his achievements in proportion to the effort involved and fairness of the sport. - S. Pope
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
He's just hoping it will keep him off Hillary's hit list.
Paul B.

Our forefathers did not politely protest the British.They did not vote them out of office, nor did they impeach the king,march on the capitol or ask permission for their rights. ----------------They just shot them.
MOLON LABE
J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by RickyD

Because he was a coward and a traitor.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'm guessing that he doesn't want to get bogged down in meaningless political mush. If Sessions took the lead on Russia or Hillary, he basically could not do anything else. Sessions is attempting to straighten up the DOJ after Holder and Lerner and re-establish the Rule of Law. Gone unnoticed, for example, Sessions has been to El Salvador attempting to get those tackles helping us with MS 13. Don;t think that curbing urban gang crime wouldn't be great for America. In the long run, it would do more than attempting to prosecute Hillary, which will not happen or if it did there will never be a conviction by a jury with even 1 Lib in it. That would also open the door for the Dems to exact payback when they win back the WH. Want to see them prosecute W. and Trump? Tell me how that is a positive for America? Sessions wants to clean up the DOJ and the Dems would like to see him sidetracked and get nothing productive done.

Yes, the Clintons are a crooked as they come. They need to do time. In America, we let our political enemies ride off into the sunset without revenge. Revenge politics has no end and no rules. I'd rather not go there.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
S
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by hatari
I'm guessing that he doesn't want to get bogged down in meaningless political mush. If Sessions took the lead on Russia or Hillary, he basically could not do anything else. Sessions is attempting to straighten up the DOJ after Holder and Lerner and re-establish the Rule of Law. Gone unnoticed, for example, Sessions has been to El Salvador attempting to get those tackles helping us with MS 13. Don;t think that curbing urban gang crime wouldn't be great for America. In the long run, it would do more than attempting to prosecute Hillary, which will not happen or if it did there will never be a conviction by a jury with even 1 Lib in it. That would also open the door for the Dems to exact payback when they win back the WH. Want to see them prosecute W. and Trump? Tell me how that is a positive for America? Sessions wants to clean up the DOJ and the Dems would like to see him sidetracked and get nothing productive done.

Yes, the Clintons are a crooked as they come. They need to do time. In America, we let our political enemies ride off into the sunset without revenge. Revenge politics has no end and no rules. I'd rather not go there.

Pssst!

They (our DOJ and Congress) are already investigating President Trump and will hand down indictments very soon.

They will indeed prosecute President Trump and it will not be for Actual crimes against American like the Clintons and the Obamas.

Trump is toast unless he can stop this which hunt.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by hatari

Pssst!

They (our DOJ and Congress) are already investigating President Trump and will hand down indictments very soon.

They will indeed prosecute President Trump and it will not be for Actual crimes against American like the Clintons and the Obamas.

Trump is toast unless he can stop this which hunt.

Trump needs to fire Rosenstein and hire a replacement that will fire Mueller. Since Mueller is right on his tail at this point Trump has nothing to lose.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
On a related topic to my above post, it was reported that Rosenstein was interviewed by Mueller's team regarding his possible role in the Comey firing. How is he allowed to oversee this investigation if he is potentially a witness or even a target of the investigation? It makes no sense. Rosenstein needs to recuse himself. It's a conflict.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by RollingThunder
On a related topic to my above post, it was reported that Rosenstein was interviewed by Mueller's team regarding his possible role in the Comey firing. How is he allowed to oversee this investigation if he is potentially a witness or even a target of the investigation? It makes no sense. Rosenstein needs to recuse himself. It's a conflict.

Rosenstein appointed Mueller knowing that Mueller and Comey were best buds and Sessions let it happen.

Mueller by just being there is in violation of Federal statutes and Rosenstein has publicly stated that he sees no conflict of interest between Mueller an Comey, do we actually believe that Rosenstein is going do anything to find conflict with himself and Mueller?

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

404 members (160user, 12344mag, 17CalFan, 10ring1, 1lesfox, 163bc, 36 invisible), 2,614 guests, and 1,019 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,285
Posts18,467,804
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.