-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I enjoyed the story. Obviously VarmintGuy used some artistic embellishment in the story, but those are usually the best stories.

And maybe VarmintGuy is F.O.S., it is possible, I see no harm in telling this story. Fubarski obviously dislikes VarmintGuy and used this opportunity to attack him.

Maybe he should be wiser in picking his battles?

How did people become so sensitive? Good grief.

I enjoy a good story myself, even with a little exaggeration.

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
GB1

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
I had a TR2 and drove it in blizzards. It had 90 hp from a converted tractor 4 banger 2 liter.

Good photo shopping of all the Cobras in a snowstorm.

I have driven into snow in Colorado in every month, and if there wasn't a TV crew there it didn't happen.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It was the best of times

it was the worst of times.

[Linked Image]

My hood is cracked.......
What?

Have Dog

Will Travel

B
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
B
That escalated quickly. VG is still gay for cock it seems.

Originally Posted by Bristoe
It's about like this:

"Do you puff peters?"

"Hell no!"

"NAZI!!!"

Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
Book it!!!

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
IC B2

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
laugh this thread has birth an abortion!

Trump Won!
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by kennyd
I had a TR2 and drove it in blizzards. It had 90 hp from a converted tractor 4 banger 2 liter.

The first vehicle I ever drove, when I was about 10 or 11 (the little grey Ferguson TEA 20, not a TR2). The same engine for both, but IIRC it was originally for the Standard Vanguard.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by bigfish9684
That escalated quickly. VG is still gay for cock it seems.

YOU, my friend are in serious jeopardy of being the focus of a Varmitgay call out thread......
Watch it, Mister.

Have Dog

Will Travel

Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by wageslave
It was the best of times

it was the worst of times.

[Linked Image]

My hood is cracked.......
What?

How long have you had the cobra?

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I'm not a fan of VarmintGAY, but I'm a man of principles, and my brother was in the upper Big Hole hunting elk during this same time. He didn't see the Cobras because he was in the wood hunting elk. But he did say the area received snow that day, FWIW.

I don't think the "weather theory" to disprove this story holds water, so to speak.

Originally Posted by shrapnel
I probably hit more elk with a pickup than you have with a rifle.

Originally Posted by JohnBurns
I have yet to see anyone claim Leupold has never had to fix an optic. I know I have sent a few back. 2 MK 6s, a VX-6, and 3 VX-111s.
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ironbender

How long have you had the cobra?

About a week.....

Varmintguy gave me a sweet deal.

take care,
Martha

Have Dog

Will Travel

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Oh man.

Have to admit the picture of the cobras passing the grader on the road made me literally laugh out loud after having read all the crap being thrown about in this thread.

I absolutely believe the roads were slush covered just outside of Wisdom. I travel and work in that country regularly. It's called the land of 10,000 haystacks and that's not because they like raising hay, but because there are years that they feed 8-9 months out of the year because of how wintery it gets.

Buddy was applying for a job there. Think it was with one of the Hirschys, he was asked if he liked winter or could handle winter. He replied, yeah, he was ok with winter weather. Rancher replied, if you want to live here, you have to love winter because there's so much of it there.

Montana MOFO
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Interesting thread. A couple of weeks ago there was a group of Cobras in Belle Fourche SD. They were parked at the museum. I drove past them in the lot where they were parked end to end. None were originals from what I could tell. I have ridden in two originals, a 289 and a 427 SC but it was a long time back in 1965 and 1967. Originals have crept up in price again and street versions in good shape can bring over $500K. If it is a race car or one owned by somebody that is or was a celebrity the price can get stupid.

I didn't count the cars, 12 or 13 I think. From a lot of different states, saw one Missouri plate. I assume they were out on a late summer drive. This area has a few car groups each year. Corvettes in Spearfish and Mustangs in Sturgis. Never seen the Cobras in this area before.

Here is a link to a museum in Colorado that is geared toward Shelby's cars. Cobra and Mustang versions.

https://shelbyamericancollection.org/

It is worth a visit if these cars appeal to you.

V
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
V
Tarkio: Thats a good one "you have to LOVE winter to work here"!
Heres some more info/evidence regarding the Cobra event on September 15th in the Bighole - its a letter from an official of the Cobra Collectors Club - it was sent to me via unsolicited E-mail from her:

"Hello!

I only know you as VarmitGuy from your posting, and you are a HUGE hit amongst our cobra group! My name is Emily, and I am the one that organizes the tour and sent them through the area. Now if I had control of the weather, clearly I would have made a slight adjustment. This was the 27th year for that tour, and we have been through Wisdom, Anaconda, Butte, Missoula, Seeley Lake etc. area about 7 or 8 times. Great folks, roads and scenery! This is the first year we have had such exciting weather in Montana. Colorado treated us to a bit a few years back also. Not quite as bad though.

I wanted to reach out to you to invite you to come and visit with us if you can in November. We have an annual event - Fundraiser (a.k.a. party) for the museum that we run that puts on the tour - and many of the folk from the gas station will attend! I know it is a bit of a journey for you, but figured I would reach out now in case it's possible. I can also help you find accommodations should you need it. I can also promise (watch, I will shoot myself in the foot) warmer weather here in Northern California than Montana will have. smile We don't get snow!

We run a 25,000 sf museum that is dedicated to the Cars of 62-70 built by Carroll Shelby. So we have a menagerie of original Cobras (none that you saw in the gas station!), shelby mustangs, tigers, a gt40, daytona coupe, and some other random things! You can get a glimpse at www.cobraexperience.org.

Anyway, now that I filled you full of completely random information, please let me know your thoughts, it is a fun event!

Cheers to wind in the face!

Emily
Emily Lambert
Managing Director
The Cobra Experience
916.873.4283 cell
visit us at www.cobraexperience.org"

End of E-mail.

Still have not heard a peep from lying fubarski.
Obviously he has shamed himself to such an extent he dare not show his face (make a posting!) here.
Sad that he got himself so botched up.
You made your bed "lying fubarski" now sleep in it!
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
We've moved on.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
I only know you as VarmitGuy from your posting, and you are a HUGE hit

There is no such thing as 'moving on', when you are such a 'Huge hit' calling out the lying Lebowski.....

Last edited by huntsman22; 09/25/17.
C
C
Well VarmitGuy posted my email above, so I can definitely confirm that those were all real cobras doing an annual tour called The Cobra 1000. This was the 27th year of doing the tour, and we have been in the Wisdom neck of the woods several times over the years. I will make sure and post next time we come to town so that all the non-believers can actually see the cars for themselves!

Cheers to wind in the face and successful hunting seasons!

Here is the video of them leaving on Day 1 from Sun Valley, when the weather was nice.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqQ1iDZgcNI&feature=youtu.be[/video]

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
...and not a one of them came around sideways?
Cobraemily, are you Seahawks fan by chance?

FJB & FJT
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Cobraemily
Well VarmitGuy posted my email above, so I can definitely confirm that those were all real cobras doing an annual tour called The Cobra 1000. This was the 27th year of doing the tour, and we have been in the Wisdom neck of the woods several times over the years. I will make sure and post next time we come to town so that all the non-believers can actually see the cars for themselves!

Cheers to wind in the face and successful hunting seasons!

Here is the video of them leaving on Day 1 from Sun Valley, when the weather was nice.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqQ1iDZgcNI&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Welcome to the Fire and thanks for posting the video!

Official member of "The Clan of Turd-like People"

[Linked Image]
A
A
[video:yahoo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFhHvqdK6D4[/video]

Here is a recap video of the week of touring in the Cobra 1000 East meets West 2017.

I think the scenery will look familiar to many of you. wink Enjoy!

Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

621 members (1234, 1lessdog, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 1lesfox, 1beaver_shooter, 80 invisible), 2,457 guests, and 1,338 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,309
Posts18,449,150
Members73,900
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.