Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by FieldGrade
That actually sounds good.
Who cares if your spices come out of a bottle or premixed in a foil package.

I've had genuine Mexicans beg me for the recipe.

I don't. Some do.

Dave

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
GB2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by FieldGrade
That actually sounds good.
Who cares if your spices come out of a bottle or premixed in a foil package.

I've had genuine Mexicans beg me for the recipe.

I don't. Some do.

Dave

You're lucky. I don't even know any fake Messicans!

Proud to be a true Sandlapper!!

Go Nats!!!!

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by byc

You're lucky. I don't even know any fake Messicans!

They're a thing. We call them coconuts.

Dave

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
nothing beats drilled chicken with sat and dry pepper and some lemon with some fries.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
My grandpa Paul's grilled chicken was basted with melted butter and lemon juice.

Sean
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
Lately my favorite seasoning for chicken has been pretty heavy with turmeric.

A splash of oil, S&P, maybe some garlic, and a good bit of turmeric. Let it marinade for a bit. At least a few hours.

The Goya Mexican seasonings are pretty good as well.

Hell, it's pretty hard to fug up chicken.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Unless it is over/under cooked.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
We don't eat much chicken. About the only way we do is cooked whole on the charcoal grill. We cut some slits in the muscles and insert slivers of garlic. Inject some wickers in the muscles then tie the wings tight against the body and tie the drumsticks against the body. It should look like the same position it comes in the plastic wrap. build a small fire on one end of the grill throw a couple of apple sticks on and put the chicken on the opposite end breast side up. Leave for about an hour and a half. Adding apple wood and charcoal as needed. Then flip the chicken breast side down for another hour and a half. Cooking the last half breast down keeps the breast meat juicy

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck

Just try buying a beef tongue, or brains anymore.

Mexican meat market (carniceria) but the price of beef tongue has really gone up recently. Last one I bought about 3 months ago was a shock, picked one out and then saw the per lb price. That tongue wound up costing $35 - $7/lb. Can buy steak for less on sale. Unless price comes down will take tongue off the menu.

Ed

A person who asks a question is a fool for 5 minutes the person who never asks is a fool forever.

The worst slaves are those that put the chains on themselves.
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Well I finally got around to trying my hand at Chicken Cacciatore tonight.
I used a big ol pack of Tyson legs that looked more like Turkey legs than Chicken.
My first attempt and it turned out fantastic. Tasty, juicy, fall off the bone tenderlicious!
Served it on rice left over from a pot of Gumbo. I'll try Spaghetti too but I think the rice will win the day.
Now that the weathers cooling enough that I don't mind using the oven this will definately go into the rotation.
I'm sure glad EdM brought it to my attention. Thanks Ed.

Oh yea......I used this recipe.....

http://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2016/10/chicken-cacciatore-mushrooms-recipe.html

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Boy some great recipes

First brine 12 hours then

I like to spatcock and marinate in jerked chicken recipe

There are many and grill and serve with rice and pears and Big salad

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by MikeL2
Cornell method:
https://whatscookingamerica.net/Poultry/CornellChickenBarbecue.htm
http://www.atlasobscura.com/articles/cornell-chicken-barbecue-sauce-upstate

Cornell Chicken Barbecue Sauce

1 cup cooking oil
1 pint cider vinegar
3 tablespoons salt*
1 tablespoon poultry seasoning
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1 egg
Beat the egg, then add the oil and beat again. Add other ingredients and stir. The recipe can be varied to suit individual tastes. Leftover sauce can be stored in a glass jar in a refrigerator for several weeks.
(Adapted from Cornell Cooperative Extension Information Bulletin 862.)

* Adjust the quantity or eliminate salt to meet individual health needs and taste. Barbecued chicken basted frequently during cooking will be saltier than chicken that has been lightly basted.

To Grill the Broilers:

Place the broiler halves over the fire after the flame is gone. Turn the halves every five to ten minutes, depending on the heat from the fire. Use turners or a long handled fork. The chicken should be basted with a fiber brush at each turning. The basting should be light at first and heavy near the end of the cooking period.

Test the chicken to see whether it is done by pulling the wing away from the body and using a meat thermometer. If the meat in this area splits easily and the meat thermometer reads at least 165°F in the breast and thigh, the chicken is done.

Getting hungry just thinking about it.

For those that haven't had it, it's hard to describe. Moist and tender with some char and twang from the vinegar. In Upstate NY, you can drive thru a sleepy town during the summertime and smell the chicken getting grilled by the dozens. Schools, churches, and fire departments do it for fundraisers. They use open grill pits that let the fat drippings flare, and no chance of steaming the meat. Chicken gets mopped with marinade after each flip/turn.

I've been doing tenders and breasts lately, but cut back on the vinegar somewhat. They get devoured by adults and kids. Broiler halves are the best, but take longer to grill and need more attention.

J
JSH Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Chicken breasts in a crockpot layered with swiss cheese, seasoned bread crumbs and a can of cream of mushroom/chicken/celery soup. It makes a really thick gravy almost like Chicken Cordon Bleu without the ham. We never had a name for it so my wife called it 'Crockpot Chicken'. My daughter as a youngster assumed we were calling it 'Bock Bock Chicken' (like the sound they make I guess) and still calls it that today.

L
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
L

am so hungry

[img]http://ibb.co/kJ08fb[/img]

Roasted Chicken,

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Oven baked chicken with gravy made out of the drippings, milk and flour.

I am MAGA.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I like the way you think.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Spachcock a whole bird, rub both sides with plenty of olive oil. Liberally salt and pepper, crushed garlic and thyme sprigs under the skin. Loaf of sourdough bread cut in half, pulp sides up, chicken right on top of the bread, all on a big cast iron skillet. Whole thing goes into a 500*F oven for about 30-45 min. Pull the chicken off to rest and put the chicken soaked bread back under the broiler to crisp them up a bit. Cut them into croutons, slice the chicken, toss some arugula with some champagne vinaigrette, mix it all together, and devour it.

That's if the croutons even make it onto the salad, seeing as I typically eat half of them off of the cutting board!

Brandon Gleason
S
sse Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Originally Posted by BrandonGleason
Spachcock a whole bird, rub both sides with plenty of olive oil. Liberally salt and pepper, crushed garlic and thyme sprigs under the skin. Loaf of sourdough bread cut in half, pulp sides up, chicken right on top of the bread, all on a big cast iron skillet. Whole thing goes into a 500*F oven for about 30-45 min. Pull the chicken off to rest and put the chicken soaked bread back under the broiler to crisp them up a bit. Cut them into croutons, slice the chicken, toss some arugula with some champagne vinaigrette, mix it all together, and devour it.

That's if the croutons even make it onto the salad, seeing as I typically eat half of them off of the cutting board!

interesting

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
440 members (300jimmy, 160user, 10ring1, 1lesfox, 257 mag, 1lessdog, 48 invisible), 2,160 guests, and 935 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,595
Posts18,398,070
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.