Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I'm sure lots of folks remember the AMT 1911 Hardballer Long Slide with the 7" slide. That went away when AMT went belly up after their founder died. Apparently there are one or more 6" slide .45's out there, I'm not an aficionado so don't know, but I talked to a fellow yesterday who used to work for AMT (he currently produces OEM grips for some Colts) and he has developed a prototype for a 7" long slide. Knowing the quality of this fellow's other work hopefully that will continue with this particular project.

I don't know any of the details of who would manufacture it or anticipated production dates, this was mentioned in a conversation about other stuff, but just passing this along to offer a ray of hope in case anyone's life has been incomplete without one.

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I always thought the longslides were perfect platforms for 10mm & .45 Super. Little more barrel length to build velocity, and a bit more slide mass to absorb the sharp impulse of those two rounds.

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Here's a Les Baer Long Slide .45 ACP. I traded for some years ago.

I thought my Gold Cup was accurate until I shot this one.

Other high end makers produce nice guns, many with fancier finishes than Les Baer. No one beats Les with accuracy,

DF

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
To be honest I wasn't sure if this news would get a lot of apathy since short carry guns and snub nose howitzers are all the rage now.

As noted, all that has happened is that a prototype has been built but it will be interesting to see how this develops. New guns and having more choices is rarely a bad thing.

Last edited by Jim in Idaho; 09/22/17. Reason: change the thread title to be non-caliber specific

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
D
I shot a Colt Delta 10 mm; a long slide 10 mm would be a great side arm, hunting pistol.

DF

IC B2

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Remington has the R1 available in a 6" 10mm Hunter version. I'd really really like one. Seems put together properly. But I just dumped $1000 on a Springfield Elite Operator....5" 9mm

Please God, give me some good tags this year....
D
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
D
I haven't seen that. Should be a good one. The 6" R1 Hunter with a good reflex red dot optic would be great for a shooter with antique eyeballs.

I have a Springfield 9mm, not sure which one, but very nice with adj. sights, etc. Shoots really well and is well put together.

DF

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer

Other high end makers produce nice guns, many with fancier finishes than Les Baer. No one beats Les with accuracy,

DF

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

That's exactly what I have after searching a long time for an AMT Longslide. With the accuracy guarantee. It is a fun one to shoot!

Sent from my Dingleberry Handheld Wireless
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
I have a Rob Serva built Fusion Firearms 6-inch long slide in 10mm. He also builds them in 45 ACP, 40 S&W and 9mm as well as custom 5-inch and commander models. They are sweet.

Osama and Obama both have friends who bombed the Pentagon.
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Here is the photo gallery For Fusion Firearms. The Llong Slides are under "Hunting". Rob Serva was the previous owner of Dan Wesson Firearms and introduced their 1911 models.

https://www.fusionfirearms.com/gallery/

Osama and Obama both have friends who bombed the Pentagon.
IC B3

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by 257heaven

DF

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

That's exactly what I have after searching a long time for an AMT Longslide. With the accuracy guarantee. It is a fun one to shoot!

I traded for this one used.

A friend just bought a Les Baer 1911, used for a good price. They're out there and are good values. Even if the finish is worn, you have a solid pistol that's a world class shooter.

Like I posted earlier, no one beats Les Baer on accuracy, maybe finish and asthetics, not accuracy.

DF

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by 257heaven

DF

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

I traded for this one used.

A friend just bought a Les Baer 1911, used for a good price. They're out there and are good values. Even if the finish is worn, you have a solid pistol that's a world class shooter.

Like I posted earlier, no one beats Les Baer on accuracy, maybe finish and asthetics, not accuracy.

DF

I have a Les Baer 5" UTC model. It's a regular 3" at 50 yards model. The only thing I don't like about it is the front cocking grooves I should have been more patient and found one without them. Their build quality is impressive.

Figures don't lie, But Liars figure
Assumption is the mother of mistakes
D
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
D
What do you not like about the forward cocking grooves?

Just curious.

DF

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'm the same way. I'd rather not have the front serrations. But it's not a deal-breaker for me. One of the sweetest 1911's I've had was a RRA Basic Carry without the front serrations. It was a sweet pistol. I also had a Baer Premier w/o the front serrations at one time. Sold both of those and shouldn't have.

Sent from my Dingleberry Handheld Wireless
D
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
D
I never thought about it, one way or the other.

I guess without would look better, don't think front serrations would hinder a clean, fast draw.

DF

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
My 1911 has front serrations. Never use them.
Does chew the leather up a bit.

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J

I actually like the look of front serrations

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Update: Here is a link to the web page about this. I got an email today from Roger Renner on another subject (a reworked stock he's doing for me) and he mentioned how busy he was getting this ready for the big Reno Gunshow. It will be made in .45 Super so you can use the Super, .45 ACP and .45 ACP +P in the same pistol.

The website is saying that from the 7" Longslide the Super can throw a 255 grain bullet at 1175 fps which is getting into serious oomph for a case the same size as a .45 ACP. I don't know anything other than what's on the website here but you can always email inforadicalconcepts.info to ask questions.

.45 Super Longslide

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Originally Posted by Jesse Jaymes
Remington has the R1 available in a 6" 10mm Hunter version. I'd really really like one. Seems put together properly. But I just dumped $1000 on a Springfield Elite Operator....5" 9mm

There's a Para somewhere here in the safe.

The rear target sight, if Remington didnt change it, needs some "help". Otherwise its a decent arm. It handles top loads that a Colt 10mm wont.

R
RJM Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Nice looking gun Jim...I especially like the fact it doesn't have a checkered frontstrap...

I also have one of the PARA USA Elite LS Hunters that are now being made by Remington. Accuracy is excellent...

As to a 7" barrel, I wonder what the velocity difference will be between a 5" and a 7"...

According to Buffalo Bore, from a 5" barrel;

.45 Outdoorsman 255 HC...925
.45 Super Outdoorsman 255 HC...1075

...so for 2" more inches of barrel looks like one can get another 100 fps...

..any ballpark idea what the price will be?

Bob

If you can not deal with reality, reality will deal with you....
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

579 members (007FJ, 10Glocks, 16penny, 10gaugemag, 10ring1, 12344mag, 53 invisible), 2,277 guests, and 1,149 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,247
Posts18,466,921
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.