-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Yeah, I'm 6'5", and you are telling me the Taco has a leg room problem.

Really? That's what you got?

Second to last GMC I bought we had to drop a rebuilt motor in at 130K because #6 cylinder was shot. Of course, I bought it for only 3K, so it wasn't a significant economic loss. The last one I bought has under 200K on it and the doors won't close, EVERYTHING in the front end suspension is shot to hell, and the transmission is hinkey. Oh, well, I bought it for $500, so it'll do as a feed truck on the farm. The equivalent mileage and age Taco will be worth roughly 50% of it's new value. Yes, it matters. It matters about $15K.

So, I'll give you your pump noise (LOL!!!!!) for a blown GMC engine. Which is why Chevy's drop in value like they do. It's where GM gets that slogan "Like a Rock". That's how they drop in value.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
GB1

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
I have had 3 second generation Tacomas and they were all pretty good I now have a 2015 Limited. I think the 3rd generations have some problems to be ironed out...

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
That's why TRD is one letter short of TURD. Try buying a new truck and taking care of it.

Last edited by carlm; 09/21/17.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I talked to guy the other day that had just sold his 09 model 2nd Gen 4wd Double Cab and bought a new model. He had 340k on the older one. When I asked about how he liked the new one, the first thing he said was that he kind of missed the drivetrain of the old one, but the rest of the new truck was great. So it does sound like Toyota kind of missed the mark a bit on the 3rd Gens.

With regards to Tacomas in general, it's commonly known that they give up a lot in terms of features and power when it comes to a domestic full-size of a similar price. People buy them because they are more of a "get it and forget it" purchase, reliable and consistent, requiring little maintenance, until you go to sell it with a ton of miles on it and still get good money for it. That's where their value is. I also drive one because I can work from it, actually drive it off road, and I don't bury it up in every soft spot. My 6,000lb F150 was not so good at that. My hunting season UTV is the $500 stack of mud tires in my garage that I'll swap back on in a few weeks. But that is just what works for me and my current needs/budget, everybody is free to buy what works for them......

Now with even more aplomb
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C

IC B2

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O

Why are you posting on this anyway? You don't own one why just come on and insult people? Grow the Phugg up Jerkoff.

Ridgeline is even more of a car then the Canyon/Colorado LMFAO. You are really citing a very reliable source USNEWS LMFAO.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
They list the Chevy's reliability higher than the Taco.......

I'm friggen rolling, thanks for the humor.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I hate Chevy's but I have a friend that recently turned 300,000 on his 6.0 Chevy truck!

Hard to say some of them aren't decent.

Mike

God, Family, and Country.
NRA Endowment Member

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by WRO
Originally Posted by carlm
I had a 2006 rode like a brick, wife didn't like it, so I got rid of it. Tried another in 2013-hated it. Got rid of it in 9 months. Now own a 2016 Chevy Colorado. I have 39,000 trouble free miles on it and love it.

Well to be fair, the tacos are off road capable vehicles, the Colorado is a minivans with a bed..

You're forgetting something.

For 2017 Chevy introduced the Colorado ZR2

Click Here

[Linked Image]

W
WRO Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
Originally Posted by walt501
Originally Posted by WRO
I had a 2006 rode like a brick, wife didn't like it, so I got rid of it. Tried another in 2013-hated it. Got rid of it in 9 months. Now own a 2016 Chevy Colorado. I have 39,000 trouble free miles on it and love it.

Well to be fair, the tacos are off road capable vehicles, the Colorado is a minivans with a bed..

Click Here

[Linked Image]

Looks like a used tampon with mud tires.:)

Lets see how they work in 5 years, then I'm game.

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by WRO
Originally Posted by WRO

Click Here

[Linked Image]

Yup, used tampon with both front and rear differential lockers and a choice of gas or diesel engines. That would make it the only midsize truck with both front and rear lockers from the factory.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by WRO
Originally Posted by WRO

Click Here

[Linked Image]

Yup, used tampon with both front and rear differential lockers and a choice of gas or diesel engines. That would make it the only midsize truck with both front and rear lockers from the factory.

Built with crap components and Crap QC in Mexico by a company that still owes US taxpayers 10 billion dollars. You can't make a silk purse out of a sows ear.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Built with crap components and Crap QC in Mexico by a company that still owes US taxpayers 10 billion dollars. You can't make a silk purse out of a sows ear.

Missouri is part of Mexico? Who knew.

And just an fyi, GM paid back all of their LOANS. The stock loss was entirely an Obama & Company deal. At least put the blame where it belongs, unless, of course, you're just trying to cast aspersions at GM as your main goal.

You know, we get it. You hate GM and love Toyota. But at least try and come up with some actual facts to back up your claims. Your current blathering gets you no where.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by WRO

Click Here

[Linked Image]

Nothing against the fine folks at GM's marketing department but my crown vic would go through that same mud puddle with ease. That thing's been most impressive for a land yacht. It's the LSD most likely and the weight but I've been surprised at it.

Me

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
But, but, but, but........ there's MUD in the picture! It's splashing and everything. It might even be getting on the paint!

Hey, I have nothing against GM's, I own three of them at the moment, including a two ton and the afore mentioned half ton feed truck. The only problem I have with them is they just don't hold up. Wonderful grocery getters for someone that drivers 8 or 10,000 miles per year. Cushy, shiney, posh, and lots of cup holders.

Put 40K a year on a truck like I do with a good load on, and let's talk in four years.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O

And just an fyi, GM paid back all of their LOANS. The stock loss was entirely an Obama & Company deal. At least put the blame where it belongs, unless, of course, you're just trying to cast aspersions at GM as your main goal.

You know, we get it. You hate GM and love Toyota. But at least try and come up with some actual facts to back up your claims. Your current blathering gets you no where.

Assembled in Missouri.

Wentzville, Missouri, United States, Rayong, Thailand, São José dos Campos, Brazil, Shreveport, Louisiana. LMFAO. 10 Billion is still 10 billion and GM was unable to raise their stock prices, they got themselves into a mess and the taxpayer had to bail them out.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O

Assembled in Missouri.

Wentzville, Missouri, United States, Rayong, Thailand, São José dos Campos, Brazil, Shreveport, Louisiana. LMFAO. 10 Billion is still 10 billion and GM was unable to raise their stock prices, they got themselves into a mess and the taxpayer had to bail them out.
Originally Posted by Dutch
But, but, but, but........ there's MUD in the picture! It's splashing and everything. It might even be getting on the paint!

Hey, I have nothing against GM's, I own three of them at the moment, including a two ton and the afore mentioned half ton feed truck. The only problem I have with them is they just don't hold up. Wonderful grocery getters for someone that drivers 8 or 10,000 miles per year. Cushy, shiney, posh, and lots of cup holders.

Put 40K a year on a truck like I do with a good load on, and let's talk in four years.

You will hear Crickets from Walt .

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I guess time will tell. The Colorado came out in what, 2012, then they stopped production, and started again in 2015, so it can't have the history of the Taco. I have a friend who canyoneers and drives a lot. What I really wanted to buy in '13 was a Ford Ranger which a number of people in the sport used and they really held up well, but Ford discontinued it in 2012. My dealer told me the F150 got near the same mileage, so they dropped it.. I owned 3 new F150 King ranches around that time. The only GM I owned around then (after GM took the loan) was a 2008 Trailblazer with a 5.2L engine. The quality, fit and finish did not justify the price, so I went to Fords.
When the Ranger was no longer available, in 2013, I tried another Taco to see if it had improved since my '07. It didn't. In 2015 ('16'were out), I figured I'd
look again. The dealer I went to was a GM and Toyota dealer, so I drove them both right there. I liked the look of the Taco (more sporty), but the performance was simply unacceptable to me. My wife liked the orange color. I told her for +5K I could put a supercharger in it (it was available in '13). I was going to do that but found out the supercharger had been discontinued, so I bought the Chevy. The stock performance was much better than the stock Taco. It was better but nothing to write home about. Just like the government telling us how much water our toilets can use, that we must use curly light bulbs, that our washing machines can't have a user settable water level they exacted a price for those energy efficient appliance subsidies. There is nothing for nothing when it comes to the government. The price for those auto industry bailouts and cash for clunkers were a promise to acheive unrelalistic mileage goals, spawning the "learn down feature," aluminum truck beds, and TPMS. $311 and a trip to a tuner took care of the learn down, and my Colorado is almost as fun to drive as the 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland with it's 5.7 Hemi engine I traded in. It was the one with the electronic shifter, which I disliked from day 1-the one that killed that Hollywood guy when his own Jeep ran him over. I found out about the recall 2 weeks before it went public so I dumped it before I lost even more. It was a year old and had 52K on it so I got whacked for it being a high miler anyway. The choices in small trucks are limited. The Ford Ranger-gone, the Dodge Dakota-gone (good riddance, had a1992 got rid if it before it could be a problem). So, we have the Taco, the re-introduced Colorado, and the Nissan Frontier. You pay you money and take your chances.

Last edited by carlm; 09/21/17.
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by Taco280AI
Most of these Taco posts are about the OLD ones, not the new Gen 3 with the POS 3.5 engine and [bleep] up transmission.

That about sums it up...^^^^^

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
W
WRO Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
Originally Posted by WRO
Originally Posted by WRO

Click Here

[Linked Image]

I've taken my taco places that would turn your butthole inside out with nary a need for a locker.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

655 members (1minute, 12344mag, 1_deuce, 1eyedmule, 10gaugeman, 1beaver_shooter, 68 invisible), 3,132 guests, and 1,290 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,701
Posts18,456,774
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.