Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Gov. Bill Walker called a fourth special session Friday afternoon, on the topic of new revenue.

Walker wants lawmakers to consider what the state Department of Revenue calls a "Capped Hybrid Head Tax."

The tax would be deducted by Alaskan employers from their employees' wages at a flat rate of 1.5 percent of earnings. But there's a cap on how much the state can take.

The administration proposes a maximum deduction of two times the previous year's Permanent Fund dividend. For example, if the dividend was $1,100, the maximum tax per working individual would be $2,200.

Some non-wage income, including capital gains, interest, dividends (including the PFD) and S-corporation distributions would be exempt from taxation.

Revenue Commissioner Sheldon Fisher highlighted that the proposal captures new revenue from out-of-state workers whose wages aren't currently taxed in Alaska.

According to the latest data available from the Department of Labor and Workforce Development, non-resident workers earned 16 percent of total wages in the state in 2015.

Fisher estimates the measure would generate between $300 million and $325 million, a fraction of the $2.7 billion budget gap the administration projects the state will need to fill next year.

The Department of Revenue estimates it would need 50 additional staff, and $10-$12 million to implement the new tax. It estimates annual operating costs between $5 million and $6 million.

Walker will convene lawmakers in Juneau on Monday, October 23rd to take up the measure. The special session call also includes Senate Bill 54, a bill to modify the state's criminal justice overhaul law, SB 91.

The upcoming special session marks a new record for the number of special sessions held in a single year.

http://www.ktva.com/story/36432569/walker-introduces-tax-on-alaskan-wages#.WcWIf6JQI8k.mailto

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

GB1

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
That is all this guy has been about. This is 1/100th of the so-called "deficit". He is a communist who LUSTS after being the one who got the income tax back on the books in Alaska when all his other toadies failed.

You can piddle with the puppies, or run with the wolves...

Better living through chemistry!
W
WDH Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
Watch4beer,
Do u actually hunt? Or sit at home all day eating cheetos reading political crap?

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by WDH
Watch4beer,
Do u actually hunt? Or sit at home all day eating cheetos reading political crap?

I'm just here to ram sticks up democrats asses grin

MOLON LABE

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Walker has never seen a tax he didn't love.

MOLON LABE

IC B2

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by watch4bear
Originally Posted by WDH
Watch4beer,

Keep up the good work!

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Billy is afraid he'll get the gate before he can get a tax through.

And, they gotts stop calling it a "special" session.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by ironbender
Billy is afraid he'll get the gate before he can get a tax through.

And, they gotts stop calling it a "special" session.

With that crowd all sessions are special!

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by WDH
Watch4beer,

Save one for WDH... troll gets his butthurt on every time he gets called on his last stupid statement... which was always the last thing he said.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
W
WDH Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
Originally Posted by WDH
Watch4beer,

Save one for WDH... troll gets his butthurt on every time he gets called on his last stupid statement... which was always the last thing he said.

Says the convicted wife beater, drunk driver and theif hahahaha. You may think you're an "expert" but one thing is for sure, you could use some practice escaping the police...

IC B3

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by WDH
Watch4beer,

Whens the last time you went home to Wyoming to go deer hunting? Assuming get you do hunt

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
W
WDH Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
Too busy hunting in AK to make it back much, but Ill be back in two weeks.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by WDH
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
Originally Posted by WDH
Watch4beer,

Says the convicted wife beater, drunk driver and theif hahahaha. You may think you're an "expert" but one thing is for sure, you could use some practice escaping the police...

I must have mad skillz to be all that and keep an FFL... and various other licenses...

Using Court view correctly requires you to know your target's name.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
FFL would weed that out right dang fast.....

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Follow the money....

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Hey Walt, did you ever figure out how to count tent poles?

"243/85TSX It's as if the HAMMER OF THOR were wielded by CHUCK NORRIS himself, and a roundhouse kick thrown in for good measure."
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
I love Alaska but I truly believe she is becoming a lost cause. Way too many liberal fuggwads there.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Steelhead
I love Alaska but I truly believe she is becoming a lost cause. Way too many liberal fuggwads there.

I agree and think it started in the early 80s with a lot of new folks smelling oil money... Sheffield and Cooper back-to-back as governors proves it... and Wally came back for a couple terms, but then Tony screwed everybody in every way possible.

Part of the problem has been the Russians governors since then though. Murkowski continued the screwing and Sister Sarah taught Rs how to inflate budgets and get away with it.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I traveled to AK in '91-'92 with a buddy. He stayed in AK and has been in AK for the last 25 years. He started two businesses in that time, but the ridiculous red tape, liberal policies and crime became too much of a burden for him and his family. He recently packed up his family and left. It's really a shame that the Great State of AK has become such a liberal cesspool. These fargin' liberals destroy everything.

I mean no offense to the good people of AK, but I've wanted to get back to AK since I was there in '91-'92, but it's hard to justify such a move under current AK conditions, which show no sign of abatement in the near or long term future.

Last edited by High_Noon; 10/01/17.

l told my pap and mam I was going to be a mountain man; acted like they was gut-shot. Make your life go here. Here's where the peoples is. Mother Gue, I says, the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world, and by God, I was right.
- Del Gue
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
If you leave Alaska to move south, you can't blame red tape and taxes, cause they ain't no better down south and Alaska is unparalleled in ALOT of other ways. Worse than it used to be is still better than the rest.

Course, we're better off without a lot of those people, fairweather that they are.

No offense to you, High Noon, or your buddy.

Last edited by Pittu; 10/01/17.

Eat moose, burn spruce
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

559 members (1eyedmule, 10ring1, 06hunter59, 007FJ, 22250rem, 12344mag, 52 invisible), 2,217 guests, and 1,245 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,241
Posts18,466,784
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.